Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front bumper

Not sure if this is the right forum section for this, but here it is anyway.

Someone hit my parked TSX the other day, and my front bumper plastic is pretty scratched up on the drivers side, with some pretty deep gashes, but no denting.

I'm not sure that painting/patching will be able to return it to original quality (some of the gashes go about 2mm or so deep), so I'm wondering if just getting a new bumper is the way to go.

How much should I be looking to spend? I called Acura, and the bumper itself costs $316, but needs to be painted and installed. How much would the painting and installation cost?

Also, what should I be looking for in a body shop? Are there any good sites that give recommendations based on a places previous work? There are a lot of crummy body shops out there, so I don't want to pay a bunch of money, and have the bumper looking horrible.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Racer

as long as the bumper is still intact it should be able to be fixed. im thinking its probably going to be around 300 for the repairs
Old 10-11-2005, 01:29 AM
The Village Idiot

Well, I recently got hit on the front bumper that left scratches and deep gashes as well with no dents. However, my bumper is no longer flushed with the fender and there is a noticeable gap between the bumper and headlights. I took it to 3 body shops and got estimates of aprroximately $850, $815, and $515. Notice the third price is considerably cheaper (they told me that a replacement of the bumper is not needed).

I've had my car for only 8 months and I definitely don't want to go the cheap route. Of course these are just preliminary reports and does not cover additional damages that might have occured on the inside. Seems like your situation is not as bad as mine, but have it checked out anyway.

As for the first two estimates, I took one to a reputable body shop and one to a place my dealership referred me to. On the estimate, they both state that the bumper cost is $316.XX. So there you have it, you can expect to pay around $800 for a new replacement bumper painted and installed.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by supz
Not sure if this is the right forum section for this, but here it is anyway.

Someone hit my parked TSX the other day, and my front bumper plastic is pretty scratched up on the drivers side, with some pretty deep gashes, but no denting.

I'm not sure that painting/patching will be able to return it to original quality (some of the gashes go about 2mm or so deep), so I'm wondering if just getting a new bumper is the way to go.

How much should I be looking to spend? I called Acura, and the bumper itself costs $316, but needs to be painted and installed. How much would the painting and installation cost?

Also, what should I be looking for in a body shop? Are there any good sites that give recommendations based on a places previous work? There are a lot of crummy body shops out there, so I don't want to pay a bunch of money, and have the bumper looking horrible.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:14 AM
Burning Brakes

replace it with Mugen? XD
Old 10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

I've had to repair-repaint both the front and rear bumpers on my Accord 6th gen in the past for several reasons.

You likely won't need a new bumper, as long as you don't have a hole it's an easy fix. I paid about $200-300, each time to have my bumpers repaired and painted. They use special flexiable epoxy to fill the groves and such...I hesitate to use the term bondo for any negative thoughts inferior shops have caused to the products name.

As long as you use a quality shop you will never be able to notice the repairs, just the way it should be.

If you only have major scratching you will only need a repair and repaint, it should be a 48hr turn around job.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 10-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Intermediate

front bumper cost

hey i had my TSX for 1wk and a woman ran into me in a parking lot...same situation, except i was in the car and she had to pay up. I got the front bumper cover replaced...866.69 when it was all said and done, looks like new although not original oem of course