Does your gf/wife like your color choice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your gf/wife like your color choice?

I'm am in the market of purchasing a 2005 tsx within the next few months.. I am having a super hard time trying to decide what color to get. I'm 24 so I want something that looks sporty and turn heads but at the same time will get the least amount of negative comments about the color... My choices are CG and SSM...and maybe RED with ebony interior.. but now my girlfriend is telling me that the CG is just "so so" and she likes the silver better.. But now she saw the ABP and she wants me to get that with white rims.. I am going nuts. Did you guys experience the same with your wives / girlfriends? Any advice for me? I am super duper hard pressed to decide on the color choice. I want to at least get the rear wing spoiler too.. and maybe get the underbody kit later on. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Instructor

get ssm ,looks sharp even when its dirty
Old 10-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Just get carbon grey. My girlfriend likes the color because it suits me, just get a color you like, not your girlfriend. My girlfriend doesn't want me to get a CAI, Exhuast, Subs, Rims, Lip Kit... pretty much she doesn't want me to spend any money on my car
Old 10-10-2004, 08:13 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel ABP is the best "chcick magnet" color for the TSX, it really stands out. I have had nicer cars in the past and never got the response from woman the way I have with the TSX and mostly because the color. I agree with getting the color you want, but at the same time ABP has the potential to get more attention at least these are my experiences. All of that being said I kind of like the color myself, its an introspective color.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Racer

I wanted artic blue pearl, but in canada we only have indiglo blue that looks kinda purplish so i got premium pearl white i'm picking it up in a few days and next weekend i'm tinting it
Old 10-10-2004, 08:39 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Girlfriend wanted black. I took into account her whole contribution to the price of the car, and weighted my color choice accordingly. I got red.

I tell her she doesn't have to drive it if she doesn't like the color; I can't get her out of it when she's in town
Old 10-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

I like the Arctic Blue Pearl...
Just get the color you instinctively want...
Old 10-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I let my gf decide between my 2 fav. colors, SSM and PWP. ABP w/ white wheels... I'm not feelin it, I'd have to see it first.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Instructor

ABP pearl here. Actually, my GF liked that color more. I wanted CG but she pointed me to ABP cause her friend has a RSX type S in that color and it looked pretty good. Whe the dealer had that color available, it was an easy choice. Also, just get the color that you want. To me different color suit different personalities so get the one that suits you best.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:45 AM
Advanced

PWP is the sportiest in my opinion. The other colours seem to be more classy and mature.
i love my PWP w/ ebony interior
i was considering PWP and SSM but took PWP in a heartbeat.
it's crazy how different the tsx looks in different colours, but they all look good in their own ways

If you live in the states, i think you should get CG, regardless of how many there are on the streets. i think there are more silver cars out there then anything. Goodluck!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Hondaholic

My wife likes my SSM; the only problem she has is that most of my cars in the past have been some shade of silver, mainly due to the fact that they are so easy to maintain, and never really look dirty.The same can't be said about PWP,NPB,ABP,CG. Milano Red is also very easy to maintain and doesn't show dirt.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
In a word:
Old 10-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Advanced

Who cares what you color your g/f or wife likes. Get the color YOU want. You give in on the car color and the next thing you know, she is wearing the pants. Pretty soon she'll be telling you what beer to drink, how to dress and who your friends should be. You must maintain control.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TSeXer
Who cares what you color your g/f or wife likes. Get the color YOU want. You give in on the car color and the next thing you know, she is wearing the pants. Pretty soon she'll be telling you what beer to drink, how to dress and who your friends should be. You must maintain control.
If it comes down to choosing between two of your favorite colors, what's wrong with having your gf have something to say? She'll be glad you asked for her opinion.

If you're so stupid that your gf has to tell you what to wear and what to drink and who to hang out with, then maybe the color of your car is not the biggest concern you should be having...
Old 10-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
...but now my girlfriend is telling me that the CG is just "so so" and she likes the silver better...
Dump your GF...She's insane...Everyone knows CG is the best color, right duzy?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by joerockt
chicks dig PWP
Old 10-11-2004, 01:22 PM
wiz
Pro

My fiancee likes my choice of CGP, but she likes the ABP better, and sometimes I wish I would have gone for the Arctic Blue...it's just a kickass color.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:33 PM

my gf likes my CG but she likes PWP better

i think in general most girls like white better then dark colors
Old 10-11-2004, 01:53 PM
ric
Safety Car

She picks her car colors, I pick mine.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the color YOU want man....If you get what she wants and you guys ever break up...you'll regret it and the color of your car will remind you of her....
Old 10-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sipark
If it comes down to choosing between two of your favorite colors, what's wrong with having your gf have something to say? She'll be glad you asked for her opinion.

If you're so stupid that your gf has to tell you what to wear and what to drink and who to hang out with, then maybe the color of your car is not the biggest concern you should be having...

Dude, take it easy. I am just trying to help... and no, my wife does not tell me what to drink or who to hang with or what to wear. All I am saying is to get the color YOU want and don't be whipped. Just friendly advice.
Just involve her in the decision because YOU want to do it, not because she is making you.
Good luck
p.s. Personally, I like ssm w/ ebony interior, but then again, I am not your girlfriend.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Instructor

SSM SSM SSM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Get the NHB and you will get lovin all the time...
Old 10-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dabuda
my gf likes my CG but she likes PWP better

i think in general most girls like white better then dark colors
LOL, is that what they tell you buda??

I always heard the opposite lol...
Old 10-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Get the color YOU want man....If you get what she wants and you guys ever break up...you'll regret it and the color of your car will remind you of her....
Old 10-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I like both NHB & PWP and my wife pick PWP, so we go for PWP. And she picked NHB on our Prelude 6 yr ago instead of Silver that I preferred, so we drove a NHB prelude for 6yr. Am I so nice, so respect to my wife or I have no guts to against her???? Well, actually the lude and the TSX are her cars. She has the right to chose what colour it is!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by joerockt
TRUE! they love trout too!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

My girl doesn't want me to get PWP because it's TOO girlish haha

I personally like CG so I will get CG. I considered MSM, SSM, black(?) also but.. CG is my choice
Old 12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Racer

I chose the car, she chose the color combo.. I just made sure it wasnt ssm--plain
black--hot..
Old 12-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Racer

my GF was the one who chose the ABP color when I decided to buy a TSX. She insisted on it! I originally wanted a CGP.

But that psycho b!tch is long gone now and the car kinda reminds me of her so that's gotta go too.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:36 AM
2*Much .NOT. Enough

One side of my brain says to explain the pros and cons of various colors to the intrepid poster NJTSXMan, the other side of my brain says to point out the problems inherent in asking others to help you decide things that you should decide yourself. So, I'll split the difference.

Get Meteor Silver if you like silver but your dog likes blue and your next-door neighbor has made snide remarks about your Puke Green Gremlin.

Get Satin Silver if you think it complements the lines of the exterior design, and you have mild concerns that the checkout cashier at the local grocery might think you're a "girly-man" if you get Meteor Silver since that's a "chick color" and you don't want your buds to think your a "chick" or drive a "chick car".

Get Arctic Blue if you want some pizzazz and moxie in your car color choice, but are afraid that Milano Red seems a little "too extroverted" to the guy who used to sit behind you in third grade but moved to another city when his dad got a new job but he might see you driving if you ever went to his town.

Get Black if you think it looks wicked and aren't concerned about showing a lot of dust and dirt specks and how hearses are often black and so is real strong coffee and strong coffee tastes bitter and your ex-girlfreind is still bitter about what you did that night so maybe black might not work and ...

Get PWP since white is the most popular new car color and it looks nice and nobody could fault you for getting white or question your decision since white is popular and lots of people have white cars so you wouldn't stand out but then again maybe you'd like to be a little different but then what'll they think?

Get Milano Red if you like to be seen and don't mind if that "being seen" includes being seen by cops who'll see you every time you go by and then you realize it's hard to "blend in" driving a red car but it looks so good and the interior leather color with the wood trim and the red exterior is quite tasteful but you have to consider that red oxidizes more quickly than other colors and maybe someone will laugh at you because of that and ...

Get Carbon Gray Pearl if you want to kind of be moderate in your choices but wait getting gray is not moderate because it does show off the stying of the car nicely and isn't as hot in summer as black but it's still hot so maybe ???? and donkeys are often gray and I don't want to drive a donkey and ...

On one of the USENET forums (alt.autos.acura) a person named Lynn is asking for advice on "Sedans - Infiniti G35 vs. Acura 3.2 TL vs. Lexus IS300", and wants info on which choice is best, and how about insurance, and how about specs, and how about purchase price, and how about this and that. Apparently, it is way too daunting to actually use the fookin Internet to research purchase price (Edmunds, KBB, etc.) or anything else. "Please, someone make this hard decision for me".

Don't be like her, or any of the other rather sorrowful folks who need "guidance" on topics that they should be deciding themselves. There are things that others can help you with, and thankfully there are myriads of people who'll pitch in if you need advice on those topics. But color? Come on.

Sorry if this is a little harsh; it's probably more of a reaction to seeing many similar posts in this forum and others, leaving me wondering what would happen if some of these folks were faced with a real decision, like whether to wear light tan or beige socks with those khaki Dockers! Or maybe brown?

Old 12-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife didn't really care for the color, as long as it didn't have the parchment interior.

Personally, I like the parchment, and wouldn't have minded having it, just that I didn't want the exterior colors that came out with it: MR = Cop magnet + high maintenance (and I really don't have much time to take care of the car's aesthetics), and NHBP = Lots and lots of maintenance. I was coming out of a black car and I swore I wouldn't get another one back.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:53 AM
Luke 1:37

I would never allow my gf/wife to tell me what color to get. She can tell me what she prefers and I'll take it into account, but if it ain't a dark color (NBP or CG) forget about it, she'll have to deal, LOL.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:58 AM
2005 TSX 5AT, ABP

Originally Posted by Big Pimpin
I wanted artic blue pearl, but in canada we only have indiglo blue that looks kinda purplish so i got premium pearl white i'm picking it up in a few days and next weekend i'm tinting it
We have ABP in Canada now. Although it's only available in the 2005 model.... I have one! IT'S SO NICE! If you really want it, I'd pay the premium and upgrade to the 2005... much better than the PWP.

But it's a cosmetic thing anyway. TSX all the way!
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 AM
2005 TSX 5AT, ABP

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
I'm am in the market of purchasing a 2005 tsx within the next few months.. I am having a super hard time trying to decide what color to get. I'm 24 so I want something that looks sporty and turn heads but at the same time will get the least amount of negative comments about the color... My choices are CG and SSM...and maybe RED with ebony interior.. but now my girlfriend is telling me that the CG is just "so so" and she likes the silver better.. But now she saw the ABP and she wants me to get that with white rims.. I am going nuts. Did you guys experience the same with your wives / girlfriends? Any advice for me? I am super duper hard pressed to decide on the color choice. I want to at least get the rear wing spoiler too.. and maybe get the underbody kit later on. Thanks.
Girlfriends/wives should only have a "real say" if they are chippin in on paying for the car. If you guys are looking down the road to marriage and you guys think the car will be used for both of you, I'd make her front some cash. Then she can "help" pick the colour.

Seriously though, I went through exactly what you went through. My girlfriend is infatuated with the PWP. I think it's a hot colour, but just not for me. And in Toronto it's very common. I wanted something I could say is my own... and well, in Canada ABP TSX' are hard to find. So that's what I went with regardless of my woman cheerleading the PWP.

GO CG, 'cause it sounds like that's what you really want. No regrets.