Deposit/Documentation Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deposit/Documentation Question

I just put a deposit down on an 06 5AT w/Nav (DGP--don't hate me for the color) at $28,371 + $45 doc fee + $5 (CA tire fee) + TTL. All of this has been via email and over the phone as the dealer is out of my area. She did give me the VIN, though.

My question is what documentation should I have her fax me to ensure that the car and price will be honored when it arrives (Late Dec/Early Jan)? I just want to make sure I use the correct terminolgy. Any advice?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:04 PM
New Car Smell

Why do you need to prepay for one in so cal? There are plenty of Acura dealers and I bet a few will have the car you want.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM
New Car Smell

Which dealership did you order it from? I would think an email is sufficient, but maybe somebody else can answer that. As for the car I bought, I spent a week hunting the CGP w/ Navi down and finally found one in Torrance. I was glad the internet manager gave me the price all the other dealerships we're offering. I didn't want to put down a deposit for a promise... c'mon we're in So Cal, there are plenty of Acuras to check.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Intermediate

I dealt with Mission Viejo Acura. No one in the San Diego area would come close to their price. Some quotes were just laughable. I would write them and tell them so, but I don't want to burn any bridges after some people reported problems on deals that were promised (see bradyxp's posts).
Old 12-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
xingu, you have it in writing. And if the dealer doesn't honor the deal, like what happened with bradykp, you'll just have to take measures to enforce the deal or go somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Racer

dude xingu ur quote owns haha i just emailed mission viejo /w ur quote, and they matched it right away rofl. What color did you get for them to make you wait?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Deep Green Pearl/Parchment. No haters, please.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xingu
I dealt with Mission Viejo Acura. No one in the San Diego area would come close to their price. Some quotes were just laughable. I would write them and tell them so, but I don't want to burn any bridges after some people reported problems on deals that were promised (see bradyxp's posts).
i think you got a good price. obviously, given my experience, the purhcase order quote doesn't really accomplish anything, but at least it gives you documentation of the quote and you can take it to other dealers. if i were you, if you sense any procrastination on their part, start talking to other dealers. although my quote was "laughable" in your words, it was a quote the dealer gave me, not one i requested. and he was going to honor it as long as i bought the underbody kit at the quoted price of $1995 installed. i just didnt like how they lied to me on various items. also, act relaxed and don't show any impatience, because the dealer will take advantage of that.

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
xingu, you have it in writing. And if the dealer doesn't honor the deal, like what happened with bradykp, you'll just have to take measures to enforce the deal or go somewhere else.
certainly, if the dealer isn't honest with you, if you hear different stories, if they can't tell you where your car is, start taking your business elsewhere. in my opinion, if you're doing business, they should order a car in your name, and in the meantime, attempt to locate one for a dealer swap. whichever comes in first is yours. that's how it should be. you should be given a "no late than" date. obviously, there could be complications with delivery, but they should know that if they order a car now, it will take approximately x days to arrive, within a week or two for margin of error. if they're only trying to locate a car for you, and havent gotten one on order, take that quote to another dealer and see what they'll do for you.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Intermediate

Hey, bradykp, I never said your deal was laughable. I was referring to other dealers in my area (San Diego). They were asking more than $1,500 over invoice when Mission Viejo was offering just $500 over invoice (+ $45 doc fee). That's what was laughable. Do they really think we don't comparison shop? Thanks for the other advice.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xingu
Hey, bradykp, I never said your deal was laughable. I was referring to other dealers in my area (San Diego). They were asking more than $1,500 over invoice when Mission Viejo was offering just $500 over invoice (+ $45 doc fee). That's what was laughable. Do they really think we don't comparison shop? Thanks for the other advice.
oh i thought you meant how good my initial deal was.

yes i agree. dealers are stupid....