Dealership this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership this Saturday

Well im planning to go the 2 dealerships this saturday after reading some recommendations. Downey and Weir Canyon. I hope to at least get 1k off. Even if they would have to order it hopefully?

I think i will be getting a black on black, auto w/ nav, fog, spoiler, chrome emblems, wheel locks, floor mats. Some people told me that the metal trim kit actually is too much? and i am considering the edge door trim depending on how it makes the car look. I just plan to go in there and honestly ask for a good price.

Any comments or advice will be greatly apprciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Good luck! Talk to JD (jay dee) at Downey. He's a cool dude and is one of the sales managers. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2003, 02:53 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
Santa Monica Acura and Pasedena Acura are good too. I bought my CL from Santa Monica
Old 07-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Racer

Well i had two other places i was willing to go incase downy and weir canyon somehow didn't work out. One was in Valencia and the other is Pasadena so yea. Hopefully i wont need to go all over LA in a circle.

The ones in downy and Weir canyon is a straight line from my house so i'll just visit those 2 on saturday for now.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Teh seX

good luck final.. i will be purchasing my tsx from either weir canyon, downey, or pasadena also.. and maybe cerritos..
Old 07-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by BlackTSXer
good luck final.. i will be purchasing my tsx from either weir canyon, downey, or pasadena also.. and maybe cerritos..
I've spoken to all. They all have their pros and cons. What it comes down to is, who will give the best price and service, and who has inventory. Pasadena was great....service wise. Heidi helped me there but was unwilling to budge from MSRP. So that was that.

I worked with Thomas in West Covina also, they agreed on $1300 off, but the attempted to make up for that $1300 off by giving me $1300 less than what my trade in was worth, IMO.

Weir Canyon was also cool. Although I was never physically there, I had a lot of contact with KH and she was a great person to talk to. Excellent service. However, did not have a car in stock and we didn't talk prices much.

Thomas had the color exterior that I wanted (CG) but did not have the interior I wanted. They had Quartz and seeing it in person just didn't do justice for me, IMO. Especially after seeing an Ebony in person. IMO, Ebony just looks so classy. So I had a choice, go with CG/Quartz or SSM/Ebony that Downey had in stock. I just HAD to have the Ebony interior.

So, I spoke with Downey and they said that they could get really close to the deal Thomas was offering so we made a deal over the phone and I went to pick it up. Pretty painless.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Old 07-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Advanced

Sounds like you hit all the same dealers I contacted. Pasadena and Cerritos were at MSRP. Downey, Weir and Thomas didn't have my color (or at time, any inventory) in stock, so I went to Valencia, who had several (at least 5) in stock. If you're willing to venture out, I almost went as far as Calabasas and Bakersfield, who both offered to truck the car to my doorstep. I was anxious and didn't want to wait any longer, although I probably could've gotten a better deal.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Racer

Originally posted by siliobear
Sounds like you hit all the same dealers I contacted. Pasadena and Cerritos were at MSRP. Downey, Weir and Thomas didn't have my color (or at time, any inventory) in stock, so I went to Valencia, who had several (at least 5) in stock. If you're willing to venture out, I almost went as far as Calabasas and Bakersfield, who both offered to truck the car to my doorstep. I was anxious and didn't want to wait any longer, although I probably could've gotten a better deal.
How much did you get your car for? I am only planning downey and weir in anahiem for now and hopefully can get a deal i can live with. I am fully expected at least 1k off because of the options i can getting as well. Like the fog and the spoiler. I will be visiting valencia and pasadena only if i can't get a good deal at those 2.

For Black on black w/ nav, auto, fog, spoiler, floor mats, wheel locks, i am actually looking at MRSP price for all the above. Or better yet even a little less. Hopefully it'll come out to be about 31k with CA taxes and all the other paper work. Am i being too naive?
Old 07-12-2003, 04:06 AM
Racer

forget the wheel locks and floor mats. just get those after you purchase the car. no need to buff up the price up the car w/ accessories you can get later.

also i bought my car from weir canyon... KH is an excellent internet manager. however, i was there this past monday and she showed me the list of people interested in the tsx... there are like 40 people on the list. also, they have none in stock (as of monday... only ones they got are loaners).

moreover, if you're going to get all those options, you'll easily get $1k off. however, there is no way you're going to get an OTD price of the car around $31k. i got nothing added to my tsx (black/black/6mt/navi) and it came out to $30.8k OTD. this is also including the fact that i got the car for $28.2. so if you're looking to add all those accessories, you're easily looking in the range of $32.5k-$33k). remember that you add ~10% on top of the price of the car (tax, registration, etc). if you need any other info regarding weir canyon, feel free to PM me.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:09 AM
Racer

also, valencia (when i went to them about 2 months ago) was VERY rigid on the price of the car. but that was 2 months ago...

don't even bother going to keyes acura (van nuys)... they are the most POS dealer i've ever dealt w/.

i also recommend calabasas but they didn't have the car i wanted.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Valencia wanted sticker but were willing to almost match others. Inventory is scarce and they had what I wanted. Most dealers are willing to swap with another dealer, but if they have nothing to trade....

See specs below; I also got door edge. I got it for $29.2K (they threw in the wheel locks and mud guards...no biggie but they were already installed). By the time you add tax, license, etc., it was just under $32K OTD.

Wherever you go, ask for the internet/fleet manager and say you were referred by some discount web site. (See acura.com for a list of the mgrs.)

As for dealer add-ons, I now found several websites that sell accessories online (i.e., spoiler for under $500... I paid almost $700 at the dealer) but unless you know how to install them, I'd let the dealer do it. But no brainer stuff like the trunk mat, etc, I'd consider getting them online.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Racer

Well i'll be leaving soon and i'll tell you guys how it worked out. So realistically if i aim for somewhere around 32k it'll be a good deal i guess? well let's see how it works out.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck
Old 07-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Racer

Well ok i just went to downey acura. Wanted to speak with JD but he was not there. But i have heard the biggest bullshits in my life though. The dealer i was talking to said he cannot go below MRSP. And while i was looking for JD his supervisor supposedly showed me a sheet with the MRSP, INVOICE and a guideline that supposedly no one can go below 400 off on the TSX. What kind of bullshit is that. Then i asked him what about everyone else who bought the TSX here for a grand off. THen he was like last month acura sales were down and so we gave that offer but not anymore. WTF is that. I just took JD's card and gave him a call. He seems like a really cool guy and hopefully i'll end up dealing with him. Heh...
Old 07-12-2003, 04:54 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
Uh yeah thats BS, honda cannot and does not decree what dealers can and cannot sell for. Dealers are all independently owned, so basically you look at the guy and say "ok, if you wont, then ill find another dealer who will, you arent the only boys in town. And when I get my deal I'll happily call your sales manager/GM and personally let him know how you let a deal walk out your door, good day."

He'll either be an ass and let you walk, or youve just totally taken control of the deal and put the bastards on the hot seat.

I sold hondas back east for a time. Their entire allotment is decided by hoA and how many of each model are sold each month.

Sales out here in LA are even more cut throat and staff turnover is ridiculous. If the sales staff cant cut it they are fired. So its easy to get them by the balls and take control. Don't settle for a deal you arent happy with, but at the same time dealers are out to make money too, just dont let them BONE you.

Good Luck
Old 07-12-2003, 06:58 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally posted by ebcheon
also i bought my car from weir canyon... KH is an excellent internet manager. however, i was there this past monday and she showed me the list of people interested in the tsx... there are like 40 people on the list. also, they have none in stock (as of monday... only ones they got are loaners).
I just picked up my SSM 6MT w/Navi from Weir Canyon last night. And yes, I agree, KH is an excellent internet manager. They should have 2 more TSX's on the lot now. One SSM 6MT non-Navi, and one PWP 5AT w/Navi. I got $560 off MSRP. I was expecting $1k, but I needed a car to replace my wrecked Integra. God, I love this car!
Old 07-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Racer

Well first all i plan to do is wait and see when they can come up with a black on black that i want. They had one with full body kit and i did not want that. I will go back and deal, and if the dealer that ive talked with can't do shit then JD it is.