Compartments

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compartments

I was looking at my friend's g35 and the back seat's middle armrest had a little concealed compartment for a first aid kit. My other friend's corolla had a little compartment on the lower left hand side of the steering wheel. Do we have any compartments to store stuff that isnt normal in many cars? My dad doesnt want me leaving my ipod int he middle compartments and i really dont want to keep putting the ipod under the seat or anything like that because a compartment would be much cooler.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well... we do have a "hidden compartment" in the middle arm rest area. Or stick ur ipod in the sunglass holder?
Old 06-14-2006, 12:30 AM
Instructor

bu bu bu but thats where my sunglasses go...
Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Instead of trying to find a hiding spot for it, why don't you just lock it up in the glove compartment?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Instructor

i like that, i really do. but then id have to unlock it everytime i get back in because i listen to it everytime i drive.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 AM
The Village Idiot

Originally Posted by danishj
i like that, i really do. but then id have to unlock it everytime i get back in because i listen to it everytime i drive.
It only takes a second to do that, but if you can't handle that, don't lock it?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
On the inside of my non-Navi we have:
1. the glove compartment
2. the "not an ashtray"
3. the compartment above "not an ashtray"
4. the deep compartment under the armrest
5. the shallow compartment under the armrest
6. the sunglasses compartment

I think thats all

Your best bets are: 1) go through the inconvinience of locking the ipod in the glove compartment or 2) just put it under the drivers seat.

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hide it under the seat or in the overhead sunglass compartment
Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
burn your songs onto a cd and leave it in the 6-disc cd changer.

Do some sort of mod...like some sort of face plate for the bin above the "not an ashtray" to hide it, or extend the wire and mount the ipod somewhere out of sight, like under the dashboard or something?

What's wrong with leaving it in the middle compartment? Or is it your dad's car and it's driving him nuts?

If you're concerned about theft, you might as well pop the trunk, lift the trunk tray, lift the spare tire's lid, and hide the ipod there every time ;-) If you don't like that, then just do the glove compartment ;-)

Or just take it wherever you go...alot of people have it in their pockets while they work and stuff...
Old 06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jlukja
On the inside of my non-Navi we have:
1. the glove compartment
2. the "not an ashtray"
3. the compartment above "not an ashtray"
4. the deep compartment under the armrest
5. the shallow compartment under the armrest
6. the sunglasses compartment

I think thats all

Your best bets are: 1) go through the inconvinience of locking the ipod in the glove compartment or 2) just put it under the drivers seat.

map pockets on the front doors.

Hey, there are those two slots on the bottom of the top of the armrest, they look like they're credit card sized with a hold-down latch in the middle. The only thing I can imagine using them for is drivers licenses or credit cards, but I'm not sure that's what they're really for. Does anybody know?

I wish there was at least one bin built into at least one of the side walls of the trunk.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I'd use the center armrest bin between the front seats. You have a power source there and isn't the IPOD port in there for the 06's as well?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT

Hey, there are those two slots on the bottom of the top of the armrest, they look like they're credit card sized with a hold-down latch in the middle. The only thing I can imagine using them for is drivers licenses or credit cards, but I'm not sure that's what they're really for. Does anybody know?

I wish there was at least one bin built into at least one of the side walls of the trunk.
I use that slot to hold the key card (parking lot access card for where I work).
Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Instructor

nice nice, ill figure something out.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by danishj
...My other friend's corolla had a little compartment on the lower left hand side of the steering wheel...
The European Accord does have a compartment below the sunroof & VSA switches. The US TSX's have a blank filler panel. I'm trying to find the cost for it, but haven't been successful yet. I'm not sure it would be larger enough for it anyway though.

Jeff
Old 06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jwhite4
The European Accord does have a compartment below the sunroof & VSA switches. The US TSX's have a blank filler panel. I'm trying to find the cost for it, but haven't been successful yet. I'm not sure it would be larger enough for it anyway though.

Jeff

that would be cool. let me know if you're successful.

the jetta i have as a rental car has a compartment in the rear armrest.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Instructor

yea, i noticed the euro compartment too. id really like that in the tsx.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:23 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

and the seat back pockets too.

That's the "shallow compartment under the armrest" lukky mentioned. i leave my cell phone charging in there when i drive (there's a cool hole in the dividing plate that's exactly the right size for a couple cords to go through) and keep my dugout & lighter there too. i'd put my portable music player there too if i used one.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Still Lovin my 06

business cards.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned

get one of this, cut an opening and stick it in there
Old 06-15-2006, 01:45 AM
OEM plus!

If you have a stock air box see Method A. outlined below. In the event your vehicle doesn't retain the luxury of a stock air box see Method B.

Method A.
1. Pop the hood.
2. Open lid of air box.
3. Place Ipod on top of air filter cartridge.
4. Close lid of air box.
5. Close hood.

Method B.
1. Go to West Coast Customs
2. Take a running start, and jump on Xzbit
3. Hug Xzbit
4. Tell Xzbit you love the show.
5. Tell Xzibit to have a "50 Cent" style stash box built for your ride.

Voila! There you have it. Now you have two convenient methods to hide your Ipod and any other valuable essentials you may have.

Note: Not responsibile for any inconvenience resulting from the use of either one of these procedures.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwhite4

Jeff
I saw it on www.boomplustoys.net for approx. $50 a couple of months ago. Unfortunately it's not on their site anymore. Give them a call and see if you can still get it from them. However....
From what I've read in the past. On our N. American TSX's, there's metal right behind the plastic where that compartment would go. So you would have to do a bit of cutting to install that coin compartment. Can someone confirm this?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Racer

I bought an extra 'rubber box mat', the piece of rubber that covers the bottom of the arm rest compartment. I then made a support out of some black cardboard to set the mat flush with the top of the mp3/car charger area.

Now, the armrest essentially has 3 levels, the shallow top level when you press the driver's side tab and then 2 levels when you press the passenger's side tab. I can then flip up the mat as there is a gap between the mp3/car charger area and get to the bottom level.

The bottom area is concealed, I keep my monster ipod charger and cell phone chargers down there and can store my ipod in there for security. It's not locked or anything, but unless you know how to flip it out it looks stock.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:51 PM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by gt0279a
I bought an extra 'rubber box mat', the piece of rubber that covers the bottom of the arm rest compartment. I then made a support out of some black cardboard to set the mat flush with the top of the mp3/car charger area.

Now, the armrest essentially has 3 levels, the shallow top level when you press the driver's side tab and then 2 levels when you press the passenger's side tab. I can then flip up the mat as there is a gap between the mp3/car charger area and get to the bottom level.

The bottom area is concealed, I keep my monster ipod charger and cell phone chargers down there and can store my ipod in there for security. It's not locked or anything, but unless you know how to flip it out it looks stock.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
Please do post pics, and show us what the acual thing you created looks like out of the bin. Where did you get an extra rubber box mat? I really wanna hide my wiring down there cause I have a splitter and it looks fugly.

Do you still have access to the line in or do you have a pre 06?