Comments on new 07 TSX AT Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:07 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comments on new 07 TSX AT Navi

I took delivery the other day of a 2007 RBP AT Navi. I am formally a two time Benz owner and got tired of paying 700/mth for leasing a car and decided to look at Acura based on a recommendation from a friend. I must say I am very impressed with the TSX. My recent past cars in order have been: 2004 Benz E320 4matic; 2001 Benz C320; 1998 BMW 528i; 1996 Audi A4. No I don't speak German but I have always loved the feel and smooth ride of German cars.

This TSX really is impressive. For what it's worth I leased mine for $299/mth for 36 mths 15k/yr with 3000 due at signing. Quite a deal compared to my Benz lease that is expiring in May. This car has a very solid feel and I really am loving all the voice toys. Can someone explain some pet peaves I have about this car? Maybe these can be set by the dealer or something?

1. Car doors do not lock automatically when driving/putting car in gear
2. Car doors do not unlock when pulling on the handle
3. Headlights must be turned on/off manually

I know I may get slammed for mentioning these but I can't find anything else that really bothers me about this car other than these items. I think this car is an incredible deal for 30k. Thanks to anyone who responds.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 AM
rb1
Suzuka Master

You're right on both counts on the door locks, that's the way it is. However, you can also open them manually just by pulling on the knob itself (something I could not do on my last German car). Still, the auto-open using the door handle is something I do miss.

However, I think the headlights will turn themselves off automatically if you leave them on after turning off the engine. There is mention of a time delay for this in the manual.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Agreed, the locks take some getting used to if you had auto locking/unlocking ones before. I had that on my old cars. However, I hardly notice/care about it anymore, as this car has so many other nice features about it. BTW, congrats on your new car!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
You can keep your headlights on, and when you get out of your car and lock your car up, the headlights will turn off themselves after about 10-15 seconds or so.

As for the doors not locking, I'm somewhat used to it considering I came from a old 1994 volvo, and it didn't have auto locking doors, so it's somewhat a habit.

But I can see where it would get annoying if it was a past feature that was automatic for you.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 AM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Is it an issue driving in Nashua NH with doors unlocked ?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by michelc
Is it an issue driving in Nashua NH with doors unlocked ?
Hahaha, really.

I live in DC where crime is rampant and I never lock my doors. I had a friend die because he had an accident and it took too long for the firemen to arrive with the jaws of life. They said that if his doors had been unlocked that they would've been able to get him out in time. Go figure.

Anywho, if someone comes up to car-jack me I doubt my windows would hold up to a bullet so I'd end up opening the door for him regardless.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Intermediate

I am sure you can go aftermarket for your door lock issues.

How has leasing been for you? I am still skeptical about it especially when returning the car.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nogard13
Hahaha, really.

I live in DC where crime is rampant and I never lock my doors. I had a friend die because he had an accident and it took too long for the firemen to arrive with the jaws of life. They said that if his doors had been unlocked that they would've been able to get him out in time. Go figure.

Anywho, if someone comes up to car-jack me I doubt my windows would hold up to a bullet so I'd end up opening the door for him regardless.

I love your Anti-Ricer Avatar Pic! I too unfortunately see some TSX's that borderline RICE!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnny Mags
I took delivery the other day of a 2007 RBP AT Navi. I am formally a two time Benz owner and got tired of paying 700/mth for leasing a car and decided to look at Acura based on a recommendation from a friend. I must say I am very impressed with the TSX. My recent past cars in order have been: 2004 Benz E320 4matic; 2001 Benz C320; 1998 BMW 528i; 1996 Audi A4. No I don't speak German but I have always loved the feel and smooth ride of German cars.

This TSX really is impressive. For what it's worth I leased mine for $299/mth for 36 mths 15k/yr with 3000 due at signing. Quite a deal compared to my Benz lease that is expiring in May. This car has a very solid feel and I really am loving all the voice toys. Can someone explain some pet peaves I have about this car? Maybe these can be set by the dealer or something?

1. Car doors do not lock automatically when driving/putting car in gear
2. Car doors do not unlock when pulling on the handle
3. Headlights must be turned on/off manually

I know I may get slammed for mentioning these but I can't find anything else that really bothers me about this car other than these items. I think this car is an incredible deal for 30k. Thanks to anyone who responds.
wow, you've made me so proud. coming from your line of cars, and those being your ONLY 3 complaints about the TSX amazes me. I love my 2006 RBP TSX (good color choice by the way!) but it has it's faults in some categories. I'm also 25 and probably looking for a different type of car than you right now. You got a great lease deal also!

unfortunately, they don't do the auto lock (actually, not unfortunately, because i don't like that feature).
i see your complaint about the doors not unlocking when pulling on the handle, to me this is a safety thing. i never understood why cars have that feature of unlocking when the handle is pulled.
auto on/off headlights would be nice for sure, but not a significant issue for me.

glad these are your only gripes, you'll love the car!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:10 AM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bradykp
i see your complaint about the doors not unlocking when pulling on the handle, to me this is a safety thing. i never understood why cars have that feature of unlocking when the handle is pulled.
auto on/off headlights would be nice for sure, but not a significant issue for me.
There are various flavors of this that actually improve safety depending on how you look at it.

Consider auto-locking in combination of disabling the back door lock switches. This means that kids in the back seat are alwayslocked in and can't open the doors while you're careening down the interstate at highway speeds. (VW does this.). There are various possible fail-safes to handle loss of power to the locks as in an accident, etc. (e.g. air bag goes off = all doors unlocked)

Also, sometimes only the front doors (maybe even the driver's door) unlocks and open with one pull of the handle. The rear locks require two pulls (on unlocks only, another pull required to open) to reduce the chance of passengers accidentally opening and unlocking doors.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Cruisin'

Maybe that was a feature on the older TSXs, but on my 2007 the front doors do not unlock with a pull of the handle. I am always searching for the unlock button.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rb1
There are various flavors of this that actually improve safety depending on how you look at it.

Consider auto-locking in combination of disabling the back door lock switches. This means that kids in the back seat are alwayslocked in and can't open the doors while you're careening down the interstate at highway speeds. (VW does this.). There are various possible fail-safes to handle loss of power to the locks as in an accident, etc. (e.g. air bag goes off = all doors unlocked)

Also, sometimes only the front doors (maybe even the driver's door) unlocks and open with one pull of the handle. The rear locks require two pulls (on unlocks only, another pull required to open) to reduce the chance of passengers accidentally opening and unlocking doors.

yeah, i agree. i think it basically shouldnt unlock though with a pull of the handle, even the driver door, though i can see it being useful in some situations
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegas
Maybe that was a feature on the older TSXs, but on my 2007 the front doors do not unlock with a pull of the handle. I am always searching for the unlock button.
Nope, none of them do that.