clear turn signal diffuser out there?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clear turn signal diffuser out there?

I remember there was a discussion a while back about these from several people for the TSX. I know there was someone making them for the TL.

I know Im not the only person on this forum, or other forums that wants to change out the amber stock diffusers for clear or smoked ones.

Options I can think of:

1) find someone who will custom fabricate these for us if there is a pre-order demand. We gotta talk to the TL guys to see where they got thiers.

2) maybe Mr. HeelToe can get only the JDM diffusers and not the entire headlight assembly and we can purchase them.

3) point me in the right direction to such a company who can fabricate something like this and I would be willing to distribute them.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I doubt they sell the clear diffuser separate from the headlight. If they did it would be cool obviously.

I'm pretty sure that TL guy custom did his. They did look nice, but from what I could tell it was a huge pain in the ass to do it.

I dunno, the only way I would switch to the JDM lights was if one of mine started fogging up and need to be replaced anyway. (And the car was out of Warrantee).
Old 02-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do these look like?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

Assuming you can obtain the diffusers, one will have to "bake" the headlight to install open the housing and install the diffusers.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TSX 3Pedal
What do these look like?
Clear corner headlight
Old 02-12-2006, 11:27 PM
BDI aka Booty Man

I tried to get this rolling a while back but I couldn't generate enough interest across 3 forums.

These are the guys who did it for the 2nd Gen TL and others.....

http://www.ricks2k.com/products/diffusers.php
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Racer

I dont mind baking, and prying off the lens cover. I was the first person to have the Angel Eye conversion done, so this is no big deal either. Besides I now have 2 spare sets of lights to work on.

Oaksnutz, maybe now that there are more TSX owners there might be enough interest. What was the minimum order required to get this rolling with ricks2k? If this isnt too bad I would be willing to pick up the slack for a few extra sets.

From there I could install them on my extra lights, and provide an exchange fee for forum members who are interested, for a nominal fee of course. They could pay a deposit, I send the complete lights with clear corners and even Angel Eyes if they want. When they recieve they swap out thier lights and send back thier stock ones to me, and I refund thier deposit minus the fees. That way there is no time without headlights for anyone. If there is alot of demand the wait could get a little long, waiting on a couple of sets of lights to make thier way around to everyone plus conversion time.

Maybe doing this would increase the interest and demand. Nobody wants to have to buy a spare set of lights. Most people dont want to bake thier own lights and risk damage. Nobody wants thier TSX stripped down for a week or so waiting on a conversion. This way its just order, swap, and send me back your lights in good shape of course.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by arch
I dont mind baking, and prying off the lens cover. I was the first person to have the Angel Eye conversion done, so this is no big deal either. Besides I now have 2 spare sets of lights to work on. ....
so you did the baking for the angel eye mod ?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I dont mind baking, and prying off the lens cover. I was the first person to have the Angel Eye conversion done, so this is no big deal either. Besides I now have 2 spare sets of lights to work on.

Oaksnutz, maybe now that there are more TSX owners there might be enough interest. What was the minimum order required to get this rolling with ricks2k? If this isnt too bad I would be willing to pick up the slack for a few extra sets.

From there I could install them on my extra lights, and provide an exchange fee for forum members who are interested, for a nominal fee of course. They could pay a deposit, I send the complete lights with clear corners and even Angel Eyes if they want. When they recieve they swap out thier lights and send back thier stock ones to me, and I refund thier deposit minus the fees. That way there is no time without headlights for anyone. If there is alot of demand the wait could get a little long, waiting on a couple of sets of lights to make thier way around to everyone plus conversion time.

Maybe doing this would increase the interest and demand. Nobody wants to have to buy a spare set of lights. Most people dont want to bake thier own lights and risk damage. Nobody wants thier TSX stripped down for a week or so waiting on a conversion. This way its just order, swap, and send me back your lights in good shape of course.
It sounds like a good plan with one small problem. Since this is an exchange of lights, there is a possibility that the lights you receive back might not be in the same condition as yours. I guess in this case, it's better to wait for your own lights back instead.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Racer

Ok here is the update, it seems like any venture into this by Ricks2k is dead.

I contacted him last week with about this project. He explained tooling cost with a Japanese OEM Manufacturer he now uses overseas. I offerred a commitment of $1,000 plus an initial order of 5 sets. The equivalant of 15 sets if they are $100 each.

I asked to be a distributor of them for 3 TSX forums, and a commitment from them they would produce these, and not undercut me on pricing. Yes I expected a slight discount for the investment and initial order and expected to charge the same as Ricks2k for them.

What I then planned to propose to forum members was an exchange service. I have 2 spare sets of lights I could clear and add Angel Eyes to. You send me a paypal deposit covering the core charge of the lights and mods. I ship the modified lights to you. You recieve and exchange your stock lights, then ship them to me in good condition. I refund you the core deposit and you are only charged the modded parts and labor.

JTso mentioned the condition of lights exchanged. That will have to be a pre-req condition. If they are like new, or new then that will work. Cracked or scratched wont. My sets are nearly flawless. Condition would have to be pre-evaluated using guidelines, then maybe a pro-rated exchange policy, or core penalty. Sorry if this scares people off, but it would be pointless to modify a set of practically new lights and recieved a set of pitted and stained lights in return.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Racer

Here is a link to the thread about another manufacturer stepping up and making these for us. Im not sure if Im going to do the exchange service until I get thier pricing and options. Then view the lenses in person before I make any decisions about doing the exchange.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28810
Old 02-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Banned

Ok here is the update,....
ummm first please answer my question (post#8), simple or will suffice.

So you're going to be the one doing the mod which involves: baking, prying the housing open, removing USDM diffuser, inserting the custom ones etc...
Yes ?

And you can, for extra $, add angel eyes, yes ?
Old 02-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by huckleberry
ummm first please answer my question (post#8), simple or will suffice.

So you're going to be the one doing the mod which involves: baking, prying the housing open, removing USDM diffuser, inserting the custom ones etc...
Yes ?

And you can, for extra $, add angel eyes, yes ?
ummm Yes I baked the lights myself. Simple process to get them open, Im really not afraid of ruining anything on the car. No leaks or moisture problems in about 4 months, car sits outside, never garaged.

As far as offerring my services, I'll have to get the product itself and see how everything fits before I make that decision. The maker of the clear corners offer an installation service, the maker of the Angel Eyes offer installation service. If I decide to do this, it is to save people time without headlights.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:51 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

I would potentially be interested in both diffusers and angel eyes, need to see some photos/videos of them in actual use first though. Also need to figure out if they are street legal =/
Old 02-20-2006, 02:27 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i say if you get them made, make them like the 06 euro-r corner...
Old 02-20-2006, 03:11 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Racer

Just spoke to a vendor, he needs 25 orders to make this thing a reality. Im in as well a couple of others. If anyone really wants to see this happen, now is the chance to get in. He is making clear, and smoked identical to Euro and JDM.

Check out the website: http://www..com/Store.htm

He is taking orders, and Ive placed mine for clear and smoked. Im stepping up and ordering 2 sets to try and make this thing happen. Hopefully we dont let this one down like the Ricks S2K attempt.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Racer

Just spoke to a vendor, he needs 25 orders to make this thing a reality. Im in as well a couple of others. If anyone really wants to see this happen, now is the chance to get in. He is making clear, and smoked identical to Euro and JDM.

Check out the website: http://www..com/Store.htm

He is taking orders, and Ive placed mine for clear and smoked. Im stepping up and ordering 2 sets to try and make this thing happen. Hopefully we dont let this one down like the Ricks S2K attempt.
I may be interested in getting a set on the swap program if you do it but i would want to see the lights i'd be getting before sending payment. my car has ~6k miles and the lights are like new. shoot me a pm
Old 02-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

I may be interested but am a little skeptical on time without headlights etc...Do we have a count on how many are interested at this point?
Old 02-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Advanced

whats the estimated turn around time?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

this is likely the cheapest way of getting the clear corners.
but I just don't want it so bad as to perform that sort of "surgery" on the headlight.
- too drastic