Civic Si(6m V. Tsx(6m)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 08:56 PM
Intermediate

Wink Civic Si(6m V. Tsx(6m)

Quick poll, which one of these 2 vehicles would you choose and why?
Regards
Louie Louie
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:02 PM
Drifting

tsx - more luxury, i'm at a point in my life where i wanted a car that is both practical, yet still has a bit of sportiness to it... and you can still mod a TSX fairly easily...

civic Si has boy racer written all over it, and i feel while it might have been a coolc ar to mod for a few years, i'd have to get rid of it after that cuz it wouldn't be practical...

i had a 93 civic hatchback first, and then a 6th gen si, and after two coupes i'm definitely ready for a nice sedan... and to be honest i don't think i'd go back...
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Totally subjective, but I think the Civic (Si included) is ugly.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:12 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Civic Si V. Acura TSX

My TSX was totalled and I have the option of these 2. After owning aTSX its quite a challenge to get something comparable..The TSX is a real winner. I hope to get a 6M.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:14 PM
Instructor

I was looking to buy a new Civic Si right around when they first came out, i really love the look of em but theyre just way to damn small for me. I'm 6 foot 2 and the things just to small. I was gonna take 1 for a test drive back then but when I saw how tight the interior is I said "No thanks"

So I went with a 06 TSX instead.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:15 PM
Summer is Coming

These are two different cars and there are many comparisons on this board somewhere. We have an 06 Civic EX Coupe and I just bought an 06 TSX/AT/Nav. I will take delivery Saturday. The Civic is great cost effective transportation. It has all the features we needed in a daily commuter and then some and gets good gas mileage. That is the focus of that car's design. The TSX is focused on luxury and performance. More bells and whistles than you really need (but probably want), but still reliable and somewhat sporty. The Si is aimed at a certain car segment prone to be more the enthuiast driver. Just check out insurnace rates between the Si, RSX, and TSX. These two cars don't really compete against each other. The fact that you are looking at both these cars tells me you really haven't decided what you want. I was in the same boat until I decided the Civic is just not what I was looking for. It would have been cheaper, more practicle, etc, but not what I wanted. So I bought the TSX. When comparing TSX to its competitiors, the TSX is the best value out there. So my suggestion to you is first decide what kind of car you are looking for, then pick the best car in that segment. If it is the luxury sport sedan then you will see the TSX is the best value. If it is the enthusiast driver with a penchant for modifiying cars then the new Si may be appropriate or perhaps the Scion tC.
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
If it is the luxury sport sedan then you will see the TSX is the best value. If it is the enthusiast driver with a penchant for modifiying cars then the new Si may be appropriate or perhaps the Scion tC.

Agreed.....I think I want another TSX, but 6MT this time...
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:43 PM
TSXmeister

No contest....the TSX is just the better overall car.

What do u think chicks dig when they see both cars?
Old 10-04-2006 | 09:50 PM
Nikonian

Also bear in mind that in most places, there's about a 2-3k premium over the SI. That will take the car to about 24-25k!
Old 10-04-2006 | 11:46 PM
rice, anyone?

if the Si is anything like its non-racey brethren, the TSX is definitely the way to go! i test drove the 4cyl accord, 6cyl accord, and the civic ex sedan before i testdrove and purchased my beloved, and the differences are like day and night

4cyl accord -
pros: nice and spacious, lots of ammenities, very comfortable
cons: overly soft handling, sluggish on starts and stops

6cyl accord -
pros: same as the 4cyl, much more jumpy on the starts, improved handling over the 4cyl
cons: still handles like a boat, side pillars and rear pillars create big blind spots, 6cyl guzzles the gas...

civic -
pros: sporty feel, good mpg
cons: REALLY tight interior, poor front visibility, low torque, low HP, overall mildly uncomfortable

for 2k less than the 6cyl accord, you can get a nice TSX! for both fully-loaded sticker prices, you can still get the TSX for 2k less.
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:37 AM
Instructor

If you're 46 and in Palm Springs, then the choice is obvious. Of course, if you are really, really going through mid-life trauma, and you need to feel/look pubescent, then the choice is obvious as well. In that case, new hair piece/transplant, muscle injections and a fake ID are also in order. Otherwise, after you get pulled over in your Si with your underaged gf, you'll be posting from San Quentin.
Old 10-05-2006 | 01:04 AM
rice, anyone?

Originally Posted by yeefuchew
If you're 46 and in Palm Springs, then the choice is obvious. Of course, if you are really, really going through mid-life trauma, and you need to feel/look pubescent, then the choice is obvious as well. In that case, new hair piece/transplant, muscle injections and a fake ID are also in order. Otherwise, after you get pulled over in your Si with your underaged gf, you'll be posting from San Quentin.
Old 10-05-2006 | 03:51 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yeefuchew

LMAO LMAO...I like that...Yes indeed, 46. For some rason the TSX is looking better. I've decided on an 06.
Thanks so much for the input!
ThankSX
Louie
Old 10-05-2006 | 10:47 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

tsx.

yes, this is purely subjective. but i think the tsx looks better and offers a more luxurious package than the civic. i think the tsx is the perfect blend of value, price, luxury, and size for me and my current stage in life.

the civic si does look like a great car though.
Old 10-05-2006 | 12:58 PM
Por Favor?

I looked at the 07 Si coupe. The interior is nowhere near as nice at the TSX. Personally I didnt like the design of the rear end either, although the rest of the car is pretty sharp looking. I'd probably feel like a teenager driving one.

Looks good on paper however. im sure they will sell well
Old 10-05-2006 | 01:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by palmspringsesq
LMAO LMAO...I like that...Yes indeed, 46. For some rason the TSX is looking better. I've decided on an 06.
Thanks so much for the input!
ThankSX
Louie
Ah...you've chosen wisely, my friend.
Old 10-05-2006 | 04:05 PM
Burning Brakes

I recently test-drove the Si (helping someone shop for a car). I thought the interior was cheaper looking/feeling than the TSX, and showed the econo-car origins. However, the ride was sporty-firm, and it was fast. Yeah, it'd probably win in a drag race against the TSX, and I would think would be real competative. Someone above mentioned a "boy racer" look, and that pretty much sums it up. Impress the 20-something crowd. I don't think it was a bad car -- pretty good actually -- but I was happy to be back in my TSX.

I think if I were shopping for that kind of car, I might prefer a Scion tC, or even an RSX. The RSX Type-S has similar interior room, but is also about as fast and I prefer the looks, even though it's been out a few years and is no longer unique.

But, the older you are, you tend to appreciate a few luxuries here and there. Smoother ride, more space, etc., and the TSX still gives you a sporty feel.

As for what chicks dig, I rarely found that chicks rated me by my car, and I had some nice ones. So, I wouldn't buy anything hoping to "get some".
Old 10-05-2006 | 04:12 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

simple
TSX>>>SI>CIVIC

Don't get me wrong but I think new design on civics are
Old 10-06-2006 | 01:43 AM
Advanced

tsx no question. car and driver's 10 best 3 years in a row. the civic si is for teeny boppers. it looks sporty but is not sophisticated like the tsx.
Old 10-06-2006 | 01:49 AM
Racer

The TSX!!!!

Why?? One word......Luxury.
Old 10-08-2006 | 11:32 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Thanks...

Thanks for the advice. I am now the proud owner of an 06 PWP 6M. What a machine!.Turns out the TSX is cheaper to insure becuse its so safe.
Louie
Old 10-08-2006 | 11:42 AM
Time to Climb

you could've also opted for the upcoming si sedan. i prefer the tsx, but if you don't need all it's creature comforts, then the civic would've been the way to go. anyways, welcome to AZ and congrats on the new purchase!
Old 10-08-2006 | 08:27 PM
Spy
Advanced

Since this is a TSX board, most us are going to say TSX. I took a quick look at the Civic at a car show before I bought, but thought the interior was UGLY. I thought the steering wheel was especially disturbing.
Old 10-08-2006 | 10:00 PM
Time to Climb

^ i think the gauges, particularly the tach, are tacky