Center Stack Backlighting Failure!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Stack Backlighting Failure!

I am really starting to wonder if this car is put together that great.

Misc. rattles, notchy cluch pedal, and now the clock, radio, and climate control back lighting has all failed. Can't read them at all.

Yet another trip to the dealer....................

PS : I am not so sure of Lexus either. My '04 RX330 had the brake booster fail at under 1000 miles(rattles, too!). What gives??? I thought these Asian premium brands were supposed to be the real deal??? If this crap keeps up they may actually be worse than my last two domestics, a Jeep and a Contour. I really hope not!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sveet

Misc. rattles, notchy cluch pedal, and now the clock, radio, and climate control back lighting has all failed. Can't read them at all.

PS : I am not so sure of Lexus either. My '04 RX330 had the brake booster fail at under 1000 miles(rattles, too!). What gives??? I thought these Asian premium brands were supposed to be the real deal??? If this crap keeps up they may actually be worse than my last two domestics, a Jeep and a Contour. I really hope not!
You're not the only one. Do a search on "center console" and you'll find a couple of threads on the subject. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Instructor

It seems that most dealers are aware of the center console issue, mine was a pretty quick fix. Parts took a while to get in, but other than that they only had the care for a couple hours to diagnose and then maybe half a day to install the new parts (a completely new center console). Zero problems with the new unit and I couldn't even tell they replaced it (alignment and whatnot are perfect)

Good luck
Old 06-09-2004, 10:05 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by sveet

you mentioned a notchy clutch pedal. could you describe that some more. cuz my clutch pedal has been feeling somewhat notchy for a while now. planning on having it looked at my next service, i've also got a new rattle sound in my drivers side door which is not stereo related. i actually only hear it when my volume is low.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JiggaMan
you mentioned a notchy clutch pedal. could you describe that some more. cuz my clutch pedal has been feeling somewhat notchy for a while now. planning on having it looked at my next service, i've also got a new rattle sound in my drivers side door which is not stereo related. i actually only hear it when my volume is low.
I could feel a distinct click type grabbing as I would push in or let out the clutch. I was inconsistent. Sometimes up high, other times down low. I figured it was stiction in a pivot, etc... NOPE..... New Master Clutch Cylinder..........

Sorry all I didn't search the center console thing before I posted. I see this is a fairly commen, MAJOR problem. I was hoping it was a wire, but it sounds like major dash surgery.........