bringing TSX into your office chat

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bringing TSX into your office chat

Buying a new TSX is always a happy experience until the news spread into the ears of the people in your company. "Dude, heard you bought a new car, congrats!" "Wow, an Acura, nice choice"...
Besides those envy eyes and praises, there comes:
"How much is the horsepower of your car? what? 200? geez its even less than an accord V6 man"
"I just don't see you suit in a TSX..., those family sedans are for old ppl"
"Oh is it the one similar to but below the TL? Oh I love it, last time I sat in a TL, it felt so comfortable and powerful"
"Man if you are buying a new car in that price range, you should look at 350Z, S2000 or a lancer EVO, girls just don't dig a TSX, its just a little sporty family car, you won't attract them using this car, nice interior has no use, they won't even come close to your car"

For a guy like me who doesn't have a strong will, it makes me ponder, did I make the right choice...? But... but TSX is so nice, why can't they understand it?
Old 09-13-2004, 10:08 PM
04 remembrance

"Man if you are buying a new car in that price range, you should look at 350Z, S2000 or a lancer EVO, girls just don't dig a TSX, its just a little sporty family car, you won't attract them using this car, nice interior has no use, they won't even come close to your car"
They still talk about luring girls with cars? Doesn't that stop after 12th grade in high school? The people in your office are definitely immature.

Anyways, disregard all positive/negative remarks/compliments, why? Because we all know the TSX is the best car to buy with 26~28k.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally Posted by iamhomin
They still talk about luring girls with cars? Doesn't that stop after 12th grade in high school?
Have you NOT seen the 40-50 year olds in Corvettes and such?

Actually I work with just two other people. We all have company cars. 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees and one Ford Explorer. Car talk doesn't get much airtime around there.

Now, next year, when I get my bike...then we'll have something to talk about.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Advanced

yea true, still i got majority good things about TSX, and most important of all, I am enjoying every minutes driving my TSX, everything is just so perfect!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:56 PM
RSX to TSX

If you want a fast sports car, look elsewhere... If you want a great sporty looking sports sedan with an unbeatable all-around package, the TSX is for you.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Racer

Let them stay uninformed, and uneducated, for a while -- at least until production catches up with demand. It appears that I will have to wait 2-3 months for mine (a 2004 model).

The TSX is a sleeper -- it is catching a lot of people off guard, including the writers and industry "experts." One thing that I like about it is that it doesn't shout "look at me" like some of the models mentioned.

You bought the car for yourself -- not for others. Why are you letting them mess with your mind. Sounds like some of them are jealous.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by TSX_Tim

For a guy like me who doesn't have a strong will, it makes me ponder, did I make the right choice...? But... but TSX is so nice, why can't they understand it?
guys that aren't car enthusiasts that get a Z, S2K etc. are definately making up for something. I think you're more strong willed than you think b/c you bought a car that fits you and doesn't try to cover up "inadequacies." If they're tryin to get chicks, doesn't that just tell you they can't get them w/o the car? The TSX doesn't scream for attention, its quietly good at everything, which is just my style.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
the best is when they say congrats but some have jealousy written right on their face...the common reaction with the other engineers in their 20's-30's is wtf he is only 21 and he bought a 30k car....then they say i am spending way too much money on it or suggest other cars i could have gotten...they laugh that i got nav...

but i have to give props to the older engineers, vp's and the techs who only complment it and think it is such a classy sports car and say that buying a nice car like this was a better way to spend my money than something faster which will lose more value and will be more of a money pit as things break down...

one of the older engineers (a bmw nut 2003 530i 5 speed loaded and all dinnan upgrades: chip, suspension, intake, throttle body, etc) refuses to call the car japanese, he says it is european, thanks to the Euro-R heritage...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by savage
refuses to call the car japanese, he says it is european, thanks to the Euro-R heritage...
huh? the Euro-R has nothing to do w/ being European per se. They simply couldn't call it Type-R because the name was already being used for a different Accord AFAIK.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Racer

i'm getting a tsx in a few months i just got out of high school so are you fuckin serious girls arent attracted to this car
Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Pimpin
i'm getting a tsx in a few months i just got out of high school so are you fuckin serious girls arent attracted to this car
Why someone would buy a car to attract guy/girls is beyond me. I bought the car for myself not for strangers. Not that the TSX doesn't get any attention on the road, but if you want that effect you better turn elsewhere and leave the better informed and educated people with the nicer cars.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Intermediate

Hey Big Pimpin, trust me, if youre just graduating HS and looking to attact girls, the TSX will catch their fancy. Nothing like a nice luxury car to make um wet their pants. GET THE TSX.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:09 AM
TSX JIGALO

Originally Posted by Sumit831
Hey Big Pimpin, trust me, if youre just graduating HS and looking to attact girls, the TSX will catch their fancy. Nothing like a nice luxury car to make um wet their pants. GET THE TSX.
LOL DO THE TSX...
Old 09-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by xizor
huh? the Euro-R has nothing to do w/ being European per se. They simply couldn't call it Type-R because the name was already being used for a different Accord AFAIK.

my bad i should have been more clear, his wife has a MDX and when she got it he test drove the TSX and compared thought the handling was great and felt it was due to this being based on the european accord/euro-R....
Old 09-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Instructor

Where do you work ? Sounds like a daycare with the type of comments being made. Tell them to grow up and trade in their Big Wheel.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:50 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by OTT-TSX
Where do you work ? Sounds like a daycare with the type of comments being made. Tell them to grow up and trade in their Big Wheel.
Exactly my thoughts. This doesn't sound like my office
Old 09-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Wow...talk about some immature people at your office...

My colleagues have had nothing buy praise for my choice of car. Most of my clients who see my car also have positive comments. It's nice to recieve them, but I don't really care. I bought the car for me, not to impress people.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Yeah! if you want them wet, you'd get the vet...TSX. Wait a minute, that doesn't rhyme at all. Note to self: fire personal writer.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Racer

Stay away from girls that go after cars and money. You will never be able to give them enough of either.

But, then again, with a handle of "Big Pimpin", you might need girls. So, good luck with finding girls. One of these days you will grow up and realize that personality, and character, are more important than cars. Cars come and go -- and so do "girls" that flip over them. Oh, and I almost forgot, using non-vulgar English counts a lot with girls -- probably a lot more than a shiny new car.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Yes we ARE serious! You better not get one or your friend in the Mustang will get all the chicks!!

Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rivvin
Why someone would buy a car to attract guy/girls is beyond me. I bought the car for myself not for strangers. Not that the TSX doesn't get any attention on the road, but if you want that effect you better turn elsewhere and leave the better informed and educated people with the nicer cars.
you should buy the tsx because you like it. i know i did and i still love it the same way i loved it when i brought it home from the dealer. if you look i'm also young and bought the car in my first year in college and i didn't get it on the idea of picking up girls. i have had the car for 9 months and 13K miles on it. still feels and smells new. oh and on the comment about girls not noticing a tsx i beg to differ i know from experience. two weekends ago a friend of mine's cousins came from canada and when we needed to go somewhere the girls were all fighting who should get front seat and we always ended up going with my tsx.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Banned

Serious...unless you're after much older chicks (esp. single moms) yes, I say they dig TSX big time.
Otherwise save the money & get a Camaro and upgrade the stereo. You'll have plenty left to
impress the chicks. You just wait for the chick-attack !
Old 09-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim Holloman
Stay away from girls that go after cars and money. You will never be able to give them enough of either.

But, then again, with a handle of "Big Pimpin", you might need girls. So, good luck with finding girls. One of these days you will grow up and realize that personality, and character, are more important than cars. Cars come and go -- and so do "girls" that flip over them. Oh, and I almost forgot, using non-vulgar English counts a lot with girls -- probably a lot more than a shiny new car.

:killer:

Old 09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Not only that, the girls will think you're gay and have a small pep-e.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
That's why I got mine! I get at least 3x the amount of poon-tang that I got before.

PS: 3 times 0 is still 0, right?
Old 09-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Office Folk:"Man if you are buying a new car in that price range, you should look at 350Z, S2000 or a lancer EVO, girls just don't dig a TSX, its just a little sporty family car, you won't attract them using this car, nice interior has no use, they won't even come close to your car"
Originally Posted by acnup00tl
I have seen about 10 tsx in the last 3 months and everyone of them has been driven by a female. No offense to the ladies but their are very few broads on any forum.
Who says chicks don't dig the TSX?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Racer

in my experiences the tsx is a chick magnet...i love it....it turns eyes like no other especially if the driver is 19. but what they don't know and i don't want them to know is that i paid for this brand new 04 6sp navi vehicle myself.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi

Actually I work with just two other people. We all have company cars. 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees and one Ford Explorer. Car talk doesn't get much airtime around there.

What kind of bike are you getting. I have an 03 Suzuki GSX-R 600 and will be geeting the 05 750.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:32 PM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi

Are you sure you're old and mature enough to do that, yet?

Originally Posted by bob shiftright
You should buy something that more reflects your age, maturity and station in life like a Harley-Davidson (average buyer's age 47) or a Porsche 911 (average buyer's age 52)!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
The Harley V-Rod is one sweet looking bike. The only other bike in that style I like is the Honda Rune. I'd still start with a sport bike, but perhaps later on in my life, I would buy either the V-Rod or the Rune.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Although most of us don't use a TSX for getting chicks, but its still nicer to hear ppl say its a chick magnet, isn't it?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Although most of us don't use a TSX for getting chicks, but its still nicer to hear ppl say its a chick magnet, isn't it?
It is a chick magnet - draws them right in for test drives and ownership
Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Racer

i didn't get the car for chicks to look at...i got the car for myself so a 6 1/2 hour drive wouldn't be a kick in the ass...hahah... getting that attention is like an additional feature you don't know about until you drive off the lot. its all good though...i love my car and other love the way it looks...fine by me....you can look but not touch...hahaha! well i'm out

later
Old 09-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Racer

If it's a chick magnet or not i think i'm going to get it anyways it will look nice with some chrome rims and i know alot of ppl here hate chrome, but i'm not putting the ones that you would put on an escalade or some shit.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Holloman

Good advice. I'm sounding more like I'm 60 each day and I'm still in my 20's...

Anyway, get a car for YOURSELF, not to show off to shallow people who will only turn into financial and emotional vampires down the road.

:end rant:
Old 09-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love my TSX, screw the jealous haters!!!!!!

I had an 2004 Accord Coupe V6 with 15,000mis. It gave me some problems such as unbearable interior noises such as loud rattles and squeaks, interior smells, hard starting, issues with brakes and rotors, it wasn't that practical either. So I ended up trading it in for a TSX after several service attempts done to the Accord. While the Accord J30A4 V6 was quite quick, it was slow in the corners, the TSX handles tremendously better than my 7th gen Accord. I've been happy with my TSX ever since, over 2000 miles and no problems!

Screw the people who hate on the TSX, they just don't understand. Next time if someone complains to you about the TSX's performance tell them this:

The TSX may not be the fastest car out there, but even if you have a fast car there will be always something faster, the TSX has more than enough sufficent power for what it is stock. The TSX also one of the best handling FWD sedans, it even rivals some RWD cars in the handling department. Mods such as the Comptech Supercharger and Hondata ECU flash are most definitely welcome for the TSX though, I would love to have a modded out TSX, and I am waiting for these two mods to be released because I would love to add more power to my baby.

The TSX is a touring luxury sedan that will outhandle anything in its class but will also give you peace of mind;

Acura TLC roadside assistance, 4 yr warranty, 10,000mile service intervals, free car loaners when you take it for service, not to mention high quality luxury refinement, 32MPG, rock solid reliability, and one of the best looking cars in its class.

I say thats more than worth that extra few seconds to 60.

If you want to be a boy racer get a STi or SVT Cobra and enjoy the cheaper quality and bare amenties of those cars, but then quality or amenties isn't at all the point of an STi or Cobra now is it? see what I mean?

Then procede to ask them what does their car maker do for them? Does their car have the reliability or peace of mind that the TSX provides? Most likely their response will make you quite satisfied with the TSX. Then procede to ask them, does your car make you feel at home while driving it? When you look outside of your car do you smile with utter delight? When you get inside of your car, do you get a smile ear to ear in utter satisfaction from the beautifully designed and organized interior like I do with my TSX? In the end you have total satisfaction from a car that will always do what its intended to do, and they will be jealous with envy.

BTW: Heres something quite amusing and unrelated. When I had the Accord, my girlfriend told me that even the new Camry's looked better (she drives a BMW 3 series E46), which made me quite disappointed. But she loves the TSX though, she thinks its a beautiful attractive car and shes quite jealous.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Cruisin'

While I didn't buy the TSX to attract girls, I can say that every girl that I've spoken to inregards to it in my office and elsewhere has been *very* positive about it.

"Classy", "gorgeous", "I'm jealous", "I totally approve of you in this car" are just a few of the comments I've received from women about the TSX.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I second getting the classy and wow comments from girls that have already been posted here. I actually started dating a girl right after getting the car and ended up breaking up with her because one of her friends kept telling me "all she does is talk about how nice the car is - he must have money" when they were together. Didn't want a gold digger. I even know a couple girls in their 20s that have bought the car! As for the office, there is definitely jealousy. I'm 23 and there are guys near 30 driving Focuses, Camrys, etc and my manager drives a Ford Taurus (about the worst car ever!). They think I am showing off and majorly in debt for it. That's just not me at all. I like nice, classy things. I can more than comfortably afford it. I don't go out and piss money away on tons of the latest clothes or other things guys my age do. For drinking, I pre-game heavily and only have 3 or 4 beers when I go out to the bars. Think of the savings there! Realize not to care what others think, unless it is positive! A car reflects one's personality. The car rides so nice, is so clean, classy..I love it and treat it like it's the day I got it even though I have had it 7 months. Not even one time have I ever felt any regret on this car.

Go get it and get laid with it
Old 09-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by illinimatt81
I second getting the classy and wow comments from girls that have already been posted here. I actually started dating a girl right after getting the car and ended up breaking up with her because one of her friends kept telling me "all she does is talk about how nice the car is - he must have money" when they were together.
Funny, my girlfriend thinks other people must think she dates me just for my car. We've dated for much longer than I've had it, but people might wonder.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

My GF does just date me for my car. :P

JK.

Quick Reply: bringing TSX into your office chat