bose speakers in TSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bose speakers in TSX

Are they really bose speakers in the 05 Tsx???? I really hope not.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No I think the only Acura without bose is the TSX.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

Pioneer.If you look under the speakers in the truck, it says Pioneer
Old 10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LalchandYamlajat
Pioneer.If you look under the speakers in the truck, it says Pioneer
Old 10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Im a BAMF...Bad Ass MoFo

Originally Posted by Powered by Honda
No I think the only Acura without bose is the TSX.

Not true. The TL has pioneer, the lowest model MDX has pioneer and the base RSX has pioneer.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thisisntandes
Not true. The TL has pioneer, the lowest model MDX has pioneer and the base RSX has pioneer.

But the top MDX and top RSX has bose correct? I didnt know the TL has pioneer. hmm.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Pioneer I am pretty sure the headunits are PIONEER also. I remeber pulling out my OEM headunit from my Integra and it too was a Pioneer
Old 10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

hm...i thoguth they had Bose....pioneer is ok... haha
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Guinea Pig

TSX HU is made by Matsushita. I think they are somehow in cohoots with Alpine. But the TSX OEM amp, speakers, and XM box are pioneer.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Advanced

SO THERE IS NO BOSE SPEAKERS IN THE TSX? I'm not a bose fan at all (home theater enthuaist) . That's wierd how Bose is advertised from the dealers if they are actually Pioneer's
Old 10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
iVTEC no koe

From the easter egg forum:

Originally Posted by e_lectro
Actually, the Navi is Alpine, the speakers are Pioneer, and the Cd changer is Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.

aka: Panasonic or JVC

"(Matsushita Electric Industrial Co) produces electric and electronic products under the Panasonic, National, Technics, Quasar, Victor, and JVC trade names."
Old 10-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Got Ramen?

i still find the pioneers that came in my 98 accord to be better sounding and clearer than the ones in the TSX...wth? O_o
Old 10-11-2005, 07:09 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

TL has Panasonic, not Pioneer... but Bose is only in the RL, RSX-S, and MDX Touring.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

I hate BOSE.... Worth nothing... You pay for marketing only... Same for B&O (which sounds better but still is the same thing)...

Also if I remember correctly, it's a pain to get proper after market drivers that match with bose HU...

Old 10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Pro

Nah, if you ask me I'd still spend my money on B&O JUST because of its design. It's just amazing! As far as sounds go, I know that I could get a much better sound from the same amount of money I spend on B&O, but to each of his own.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Reptition...
Speakers are Pioneer. Head Unit Alpine. Panasonic for Cd Changer
Yea the stock speakers are a little muddy easy swap though.

Only Bose equipped are the MDX, RSX-S, RL, and NSX
Old 10-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Advanced

eventhough the speakers in teh TSX might suck at least I'm not gettin bose speakers
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Instructor

yes its not bose, if it was youd see a little logo on the radio, the radio in the TSX w/ Nav is Alpine, w/o Nav its pioneer, the system sucks anyway so get an amp and some speaks and swap it out
Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 AM
7thGenAccord

Originally Posted by YBA
I hate BOSE.... Worth nothing... You pay for marketing only... Same for B&O (which sounds better but still is the same thing)...

Also if I remember correctly, it's a pain to get proper after market drivers that match with bose HU...

ya.... bose is overrated. btw my 03 accord have pioneer speakers too.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YBA

To hear people bashing Bose cracks me up, but to bash Bang & Olufsen too? Sounds like someone has speaker envy. Granted, B&O is WAY overpriced, but I wouldn't question their quality. Personally, for the money, my Bose home system is fantastic, and every car I've ever had with Bose has had top-notch sound quality, with perfect clarity at even the lowest volume levels. Of course I listen to more than just BOOM THUMP THUMP BOOM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by glott
yes its not bose, if it was youd see a little logo on the radio, the radio in the TSX w/ Nav is Alpine, w/o Nav its pioneer, the system sucks anyway so get an amp and some speaks and swap it out
aznt1217--the HU and the cd changer are 1 piece! and they are made by Matsushita!

The head unit is made by Matsushita!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Alpine!!!!!!!!

HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSX HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer=speakers, oem amp and xm box only!!!!!!!!!!

Get it straight people!

The navigation box is made by Alpine.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
aznt1217--the HU and the cd changer are 1 piece! and they are made by Matsushita!

The head unit is made by Matsushita!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Alpine!!!!!!!!

HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSX HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HU IS NOT ALPINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pioneer=speakers, oem amp and xm box only!!!!!!!!!!

Get it straight people!

The navigation box is made by Alpine.

Wait, you're saying that the HU is not Alpine?

Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
To hear people bashing Bose cracks me up, but to bash Bang & Olufsen too? Sounds like someone has speaker envy. Granted, B&O is WAY overpriced, but I wouldn't question their quality. Personally, for the money, my Bose home system is fantastic, and every car I've ever had with Bose has had top-notch sound quality, with perfect clarity at even the lowest volume levels. Of course I listen to more than just BOOM THUMP THUMP BOOM.
The problem with Bose is that they intentionally "color" the sound of their products to make them sound "better" in the showroom to the general public. I'd rather start with accurate equipment and make my own subjective decisions about tonal quality.

Bose used to design better ways to reproduce sound. Now they design different sound for you.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:12 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

My Bose systems sound fantastic, as well. My TL's 5-speaker Bose system is far superior in terms of sound quality, fullness, and richness than the TSX's factory system (I've compared after having a TSX loaner for 3 weeks).
Old 10-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by kenzo
The problem with Bose is that they intentionally "color" the sound of their products to make them sound "better" in the showroom to the general public. I'd rather start with accurate equipment and make my own subjective decisions about tonal quality.

Bose used to design better ways to reproduce sound. Now they design different sound for you.
They engineer the sound to its environment. They always have - it's been the hallmark of Bose from the beginning. If you have a car with a Bose system, Bose engineers have soundmapped the entire interior of the car for hotspots/deadspots etc. and adjusted the speakers accordingly to reproduce a rich, full sound. They do the same thing when contracted to engineer an audio system for a building. Each Bose system is customized to its intended environment. Personally, I think they have one of the best products for the money on the market. (The mark of a Bose system is not how loud you can crank it, but how clear it is at very low volumes. I can turn the volume on my Bose system WAY down and still hear every word perfectly clearly, with no muddling.) You don't have to like them, but to say they are crap is a bit ludicrous. My guess is that you are more interested in deep booming bass than in faithful reproduction of a wider range of sounds. To each his own.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

They engineer the sound to its environment. They always have - it's been the hallmark of Bose from the beginning. If you have a car with a Bose system, Bose engineers have soundmapped the entire interior of the car for hotspots/deadspots etc. and adjusted the speakers accordingly to reproduce a rich, full sound. They do the same thing when contracted to engineer an audio system for a building. Each Bose system is customized to its intended environment. Personally, I think they have one of the best products for the money on the market. (The mark of a Bose system is not how loud you can crank it, but how clear it is at very low volumes. I can turn the volume on my Bose system WAY down and still hear every word perfectly clearly, with no muddling.) You don't have to like them, but to say they are crap is a bit ludicrous. My guess is that you are more interested in deep booming bass than in faithful reproduction of a wider range of sounds. To each his own.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Advanced

You didn't read my response very carefully. Where did I say they were "crap", as you so eloquently put it? Where did I say that I'm interested in "deep booming bass"?

I'm interested in the most accurate, neutral sound possible. My -opinion- is that Bose is not particularly good in that regard.

Please don't put words in my mouth - you don't need to disrespect my opinion in order to have a valid one yourself. I'm glad that you've enjoyed your Bose purchases.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Uh, right.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

The '02 TL-S has a pretty bad stereo system in my opinion, but the "BOSE" name is readily apparent.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:02 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

TSX HU is made by Matsushita. I think they are somehow in cohoots with Alpine. But the TSX OEM amp, speakers, and XM box are pioneer.
Matsushita is Panasonic
Old 10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

If a fancy-named OEM system sounds better than a plain-named OEM system, I wouldn't exactly call that a big endorsement.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:11 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

The 99-03 TL's had systems that were highly regarded by professional reviewers (see Edmunds top 10 sound systems in cars under $30k from 2002) but seems to be hated among owners (likely because it isn't loud enough or they don't listen to music that will make you appreciate Bose sound quality).

That being said, listen to the Gen2 TL's Bose system, then jump out and into a TSX. There's a striking difference in clarity and sound quality, and it makes the TL's system really shine. When I got a TSX loaner the first time and turned on my CD my face was something like this: I couldn't believe how bad it was in comparison, but you do get used to it.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Advanced

if the XM box is pioneer, could i somehow replace it with the Sirius pioneer box and retain all functionality with ie. HU display, steering wheel controls? obviously i would need to run a sirius antenna but that's the least of my worries.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Overlord

You didn't read my response very carefully. Where did I say they were "crap", as you so eloquently put it? Where did I say that I'm interested in "deep booming bass"?

I'm interested in the most accurate, neutral sound possible. My -opinion- is that Bose is not particularly good in that regard.

Please don't put words in my mouth - you don't need to disrespect my opinion in order to have a valid one yourself. I'm glad that you've enjoyed your Bose purchases.
You're not the only one posting negative comments about the quality of Bose. Why would you think that my comments were directed only at yourself?

"You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you..."
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Advanced

You're not the only one posting negative comments about the quality of Bose. Why would you think that my comments were directed only at yourself?

"You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you..."
Why would I think that? Because of your use of the word you, as in:

"You don't have to like them, but to say they are crap is a bit ludicrous. My guess is that you are more interested in deep booming bass..."

Tried to have a constructive exchange of opinions, but your latest response just implies that I'm "vain"? Oh well... again, glad you enjoy your Bose equipment, thanks for the mature discussion.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
The 99-03 TL's had systems that were highly regarded by professional reviewers (see Edmunds top 10 sound systems in cars under $30k from 2002) but seems to be hated among owners (likely because it isn't loud enough or they don't listen to music that will make you appreciate Bose sound quality).
Wynton Marsalis included in that contrived BS apologism for Bose?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Originally Posted by jlukja
Wait, you're saying that the HU is not Alpine?
Sorry, but that made me laugh.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I installed Alpine Type S's in my TSX (component fronts, 6x9 rears) and love the improvement. My brother, a former recording studio owner and engineer, doesn't like them as much as the Polks in his '99 Accord (which, by the way, had identical Pioneer 6x9s to my TSX).

Personally, I think souped-up audio systems from hell are a waste in an inherently bad listening environment like a car, but that's just my opinion. Some people would say trying to get my car to go faster in a world of 70 mph speed limits is a waste (those people would be my wife). That's what makes the world go around.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:32 PM
YBA
Burning Brakes

Why would I think that? Because of your use of the word you, as in:

"You don't have to like them, but to say they are crap is a bit ludicrous. My guess is that you are more interested in deep booming bass..."

Tried to have a constructive exchange of opinions, but your latest response just implies that I'm "vain"? Oh well... again, glad you enjoy your Bose equipment, thanks for the mature discussion.

I feel the love in this thread...

One thing for sure, "I" do not like BOSE... I beleive there is much better for the price. But of course, I've always been anal about my audio gear...

Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by YBA
I've always been anal about my audio gear...
I think you're just talking out of your butt...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Intermediate

Haven't heard much bose car systems, but bose headphones DO suck. Other brands like sennheiser and grado kill bose in that category. Not much into the car audio scene though..
If I were to listen to "quality music", I'd just do it at home. As long as the speaker system in my car plays my music and is loud enough, I'm good.

Quick Reply: bose speakers in TSX