Bluetooth in the TSX for non-2006 owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Persuit of twin turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth in the TSX for non-2006 owners

Who has bluetooth in their TSX that doesn't own a 2006 model?

Can the application that is in the 2006 TSX be installed in a 2004?

I'm curious to see what everyone is using....
Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
No, the 06 application cannot go in the 04/05 cars because of the integration with the MID in the dash. You can either get an aftermarket headunit that incorporates it or you can get one of the many car kits made by Sony Ericsson or Motorola that can be installed aftermarket. These, however, cannot be integrated with the audio system in the same manner as the OEM application.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:27 AM
HOWARD911S

I use the cheap way, when i forget my bluetooth headset at home. I just turn the speaker option on in my motorola L7 (quite loud) and put it on the visor and talk loudly poorman's bluetooth..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Howard911s
I use the cheap way, when i forget my bluetooth headset at home. I just turn the speaker option on in my motorola L7 (quite loud) and put it on the visor and talk loudly poorman's bluetooth..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Instructor

On another thread, someone linked to the Euro Accord brochure regarding a coin tray. In going through that brochure, I noticed that Honda Europe offers an aftermarket bluetooth kit (the controls appear to attach to the driver's side A-pillar) for the Euro Accord. If I had an '04/'05 TSX, I would look into modifying that for the TSX.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro

lol
i do the same thing with my nokia 6230i.
Place it on speaker and just talk loud. poor man's way > *
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Instructor

actually,I would say use the headset if you want bluetooth.I have a 06,but I figured out that the voice dial really getting up to me If my speed is over,like say 50km/h,it won't pick up right.Maybe my pronounce is poor? but,every time,I say 604,it says 600,I tried 10 times 2 days ago and I was like
Maybe I really should creat a phonebook and use the name dial feature or dial by phone first and transfer?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Persuit of twin turbo

While the in-car application does sound nice to have and easy to use, I am thinking that a headset might just be the solution.

I do love the ghetto bluetooth though
Old 03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Racer

Sharper Image has a Bluetooth Speaker for $99:

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...093&nickname=0

They also have a $100 off $200 sale until 3/31:

http://sharperImage.com/offers/27560/
Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Banned

I think tsx533 (I have the number right ? ) has the aftermarket setup. I mean the WHOLE shbang, his car is like Circuit City on wheels
Old 03-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Intermediate

Whilst I am waiting for my Accord Euro to be delivered I have been looking into this as In Aus we do not get the factory bluetooth as an option.

Here is what i have found:

There is a a harness available to use with the Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit. It allows you to connect with out having to splice any wires to get power etc. It mutes the stereo when making/recieving calls and plays through your speaker system. Here is the link to the bluetooth harness.

Have ordered this harness and now am waiting for my car to arrive to see if all works.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:12 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Sambo... this looks great! Let us know how it works out when you get the harness and install the Moto Bluetooth kit. I've been looking for a clean integration for a bluetooth speaker system w/o having to pick up another headunit. The control unit for the Moto kit will probably fit in the "not an ashtray" compartment
Old 03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by huckleberry
I think tsx533 (I have the number right ? ) has the aftermarket setup. I mean the WHOLE shbang, his car is like Circuit City on wheels
Haha...almost man. It's 536. Which happens to spell K E N on a telephone key pad. Don't ask why I use that, I've had it since the days of my motorola pager

I have the Nokia Bluetooth kit. It works well, but I would recommend the Parrot 3100K. Pretty cool kit. Taps into the driver side speaker for output, or you can use a seperate speaker and mount it in the sunglass holder like I did. Also has a nice little phonebook and display. Search the a/v section a couple of people already have it installed.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
10th Gear

Like TSX536, I have a non-navi TSX and bought the Pioneer AVIC-N1 (Navi, DVD, MP3 CD's, Sirius, voice-activated). I talked to Pioneer and they will be releasing an add-on component for Bluetooth, which will work great since my N1 is already tapped into my speakers and I already have a mic. Anyone with this setup may want to wait.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...832626,00.html
Old 03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...great find Chill. Thanks! ^^

I will definitely get that when it comes out. I didn't even know about it. I'm also going to be upgrading to the N3 firmware soon. The new firmware will have updated maps and also a new touch screen interface for the Ipod IB100 module.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:26 PM
10th Gear

Cool...now I gotta return the favor and thank you!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Racer

Does anyone know? is it technically possible to hook up the blue tooth car kits..such as parrot/motorola directly to the speakers (without going through the radio) ... that way, there is no need for mute and you can keep the radio on and be able to hear the caller on the speaker???

i know this sounsd stupid but the reason is because I got subs in my car that are tapped out of the 6x9's..and the 6x9's are sitting there doing nothing... plus i can probably change the 6x9's out to maybe 3-way to get high treble for better quality in voice sounds...

what do you guys think? the kit i'm thinking about going for is the parrot ck3000 evolution...
Old 03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Sambo... this looks great! Let us know how it works out when you get the harness and install the Moto Bluetooth kit. I've been looking for a clean integration for a bluetooth speaker system w/o having to pick up another headunit. The control unit for the Moto kit will probably fit in the "not an ashtray" compartment
amadeus303...... no worries will let you know how it all goes. The harness will probably get here before my car so then I will be sitting here with a harness and no car to put it in...........doh.

One of the things I liked about this kit is the no fuss install and makes it easy to remove should I choose to. Also the Moto unit is quite small, looks great and has all the features I require so made sense to give it a go.

Over here in Aus I have been able to find anyone who was willing to install a bluetooth unit that had the radio mute and voice through speakers as they all keep saying cannot be done, too hard, warranty issues etc etc. So this seemed like the perfect solution, I just hope the harness suits the Aus spec radio as they could not promise me that when I ordered it.

Once it is installed will post pics etc.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sambo
amadeus303...... no worries will let you know how it all goes. The harness will probably get here before my car so then I will be sitting here with a harness and no car to put it in...........doh.

One of the things I liked about this kit is the no fuss install and makes it easy to remove should I choose to. Also the Moto unit is quite small, looks great and has all the features I require so made sense to give it a go.

Over here in Aus I have been able to find anyone who was willing to install a bluetooth unit that had the radio mute and voice through speakers as they all keep saying cannot be done, too hard, warranty issues etc etc. So this seemed like the perfect solution, I just hope the harness suits the Aus spec radio as they could not promise me that when I ordered it.

Once it is installed will post pics etc.
so your tsx has the ISO connectors in the radio???
Old 03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Instructor

actually,now I start to opt for the headset.The bluetooth seems to have a glitch,not really a glitch,but to me it is.
Like,if I carry my phone into the car.During the driving,there's an incoming call,no matter I use the answer button on the steering wheel to answer it or use the one on my phone,the voice still comes out from the car speaker,which made me kinda mad. Since I leave my bluetooth on all the time,and it bonds with the car right away when I start up,sometimes I have to hang some calls up cauz my wife was sitting beside me. Same happens to the lexus cars as I tried myself these days.Tried it on a IS350,GS300, RX330 and RX350,same thing.hummm.
And plus,the voice dialing feature I mentioned before in this thread...... I will start to carry my HS850 headset tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by greendestiny
so your tsx has the ISO connectors in the radio???
Sorry forgot to mention there is one other part in this kit you need peripherals MSS . The harness replaces the standard harness in rear of HU which then allows the bluetooth kit to be plugged in. Sort of like a y cable allows 2 inputs/outputs from one device. A link to installation diagram and info.

Sorry if my explanation sounds confusing, easier to understand if looking at diagram then me trying to explain.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Persuit of twin turbo

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Haha...almost man. It's 536. Which happens to spell K E N on a telephone key pad. Don't ask why I use that, I've had it since the days of my motorola pager

I have the Nokia Bluetooth kit. It works well, but I would recommend the Parrot 3100K. Pretty cool kit. Taps into the driver side speaker for output, or you can use a seperate speaker and mount it in the sunglass holder like I did. Also has a nice little phonebook and display. Search the a/v section a couple of people already have it installed.
I've heard good things about the Parrot... I just wish I knew more about A/V to do this...
Old 03-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sambo
Sorry forgot to mention there is one other part in this kit you need peripherals MSS . The harness replaces the standard harness in rear of HU which then allows the bluetooth kit to be plugged in. Sort of like a y cable allows 2 inputs/outputs from one device. A link to installation diagram and info.

Sorry if my explanation sounds confusing, easier to understand if looking at diagram then me trying to explain.
i completely understand now.... thank you!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Racer

so...i got another question... how do you make certain now that when you buy the motorola ihf1000 kit...that you will be getting a Z02 harness and not the Z01 harness??

thanks!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Intermediate

^^^
you cannot but even if you recieved the Z01 harness it is a rather easy job to change the plug.

Will let you know next week when my mot IHF1000 kit and harness turn up.

Again the only issue is when is my Euro getting here...........grrrrrrrrrrrh. Have to wait till monday and they should then be able to give me an exact delivery date.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

Just been told will have car on Tuesday and my kit should arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday so will let you know how it goes after the weekend when I have time to install it.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Racer

cool dude..i'm about to order one too! oh yea, take LOTS of pictures if you can!!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Intermediate

I have bluetooth in my 05':

My Bluetooth DIN install

Old 03-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Intermediate

Ok bluetooth kit arrived and has been installed. Will try to take pics tomorrow or asap.

Kit is very straight forward to install (I even recieved the Z01 harness that need cutting). Once you get around the fact we have larger hands than the men who put these together. I have only one problem in the storage box wont open fully as something is fouling it half way up. Will try to resolve this and take pics tomorrow if not asap.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 PM
CEO of IMHO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have installed the Moto IHF1000 in my 05 TSX, and it works pretty well when not on noisy highways.

I'm pretty thrilled with how I installed the controller (built into the arm rest plastic, facing the shifter), and the mic is hidden pretty well right in front of the rear view mirror. The installation looks very "OEM" indeed.

http://jonpics.dnsalias.com/pictures...NC_CP_Side.jpg
http://jonpics.dnsalias.com/pictures..._CP_Front1.jpg

In fact, the IHF1000 has some features that the OEM kit does not have:

If the person's name is in its phone book, it speaks the name when someone calls. Otherwise, it speaks out the caller ID number of the caller. The OEM only displays the phone number on the MID. It also has nice features like instant redial, and dialing a voice tag on your phone's internal voice tags!

While I'm sure the quality of the mic is not as good as OEM, it does try to do a lot of noise cancellation. It seems to work well unless you're going high speed on a noisy highway.

I use the as-shipped speaker and mounted it above where the driver pedals are, and it sounds OK. It has options to tap into your stereo speakers, but I didn't want to mess with that.

However, it does automatically mute the stereo when a call comes in, which is great.

Jon
Old 08-30-2007, 01:32 AM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
No, the 06 application cannot go in the 04/05 cars because of the integration with the MID in the dash. You can either get an aftermarket headunit that incorporates it or you can get one of the many car kits made by Sony Ericsson or Motorola that can be installed aftermarket. These, however, cannot be integrated with the audio system in the same manner as the OEM application.
so what is MID? i've been away for a while. i heard that this also controls the trip computer in the 06, so i will lose that function when i swap a 06 dvd drive into an 04 tsx w/ navi. anything else i will lose?

also gonna add the factory xm into the 04, using the 06 dvd drive. and can i add the aux input from the 06?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Instructor

i guess you just have to go with after market
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor

you can try carrot 3200 or something. has display too.

motorola aren't so bad either
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 PM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMPLUS
i guess you just have to go with after market

well i cant go with after market because i still have no control over my A/C functions, radio, cd tracks, etc. i need to gain those funtions back with an acura system. but i already ordered the parts so its project time! i ordered the 06 bluetooth as well, and integrate that
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
ridiculously good looking

is there a way to use the factory mic with the parrot or motorola bluetooth kit?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Intermediate

If anyone is really interested in the Parrot kits, I am going to be installing a kit into an Acura CSX. Basically the same as the Honda Civic with Nav.
The kit that was purchased is the Parrot CK3100 LCD.
There is also a harness you can buy which turns the kit into plug-and-play. Goes inline of the factory plugs and then plugs into the ISO connectors of the parrot kit.
Here are a couple of links:
CK3100 LCD
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/ck3100-lcd
Link to harnesses:
http://www.parrotkits.com
You just select the model of car, sound system and then the Parrot model being used.
It may be a little pricey compared to the others but well worth the seamless integration.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:22 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I got bluetooth in my Pioneer AVIC Z2.

Its integrated and I can dial out via VOICE or From Screen's touch pad.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM

spoonfed, does the CSX come with voice recognition stock?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsx 2 nv
spoonfed, does the CSX come with voice recognition stock?
Both the CSX and the Civic are the same where the NAV system is pretty much the same as the TSX minus the Bluetooth.
So you can control all NAV functions as well as the climate controls. Only the climate controls are separate from the NAV.
There is a Voice button and a Cancel button on the steering wheel.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by spoonfed
Both the CSX and the Civic are the same where the NAV system is pretty much the same as the TSX minus the Bluetooth.
So you can control all NAV functions as well as the climate controls. Only the climate controls are separate from the NAV.
There is a Voice button and a Cancel button on the steering wheel.
do you know if the factory microphone will work with the kit, or do you plan on installing the microphone provided by parrot?

Quick Reply: Bluetooth in the TSX for non-2006 owners