Bluetooth gone kookoo

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth gone kookoo

Is there anyway to find the address of that woman whose voice responds to bluetooth commands? I'd like to tell her to go f*** herself.

This morning I almost wanted to drive my car into a wall after the stupid machine didn't understand who I wanted to call despite me being as clear and loud as a news anchor when pronouncing the name.

I gave up on the name part, and just tried to say the number in a very normal tone. NO! The idiot kept adding a freaking ZERO somewhere in the number.

Then I turned down the volume on the stereo and it seemed to work.

Also anybody else finding the woman's voice way too loud compared to the stereo volume? I have to turn it down everytime.

very annoyed today.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Instructor

make sure the fan is off. I had the same problem whent he a/c was running. The HFL voice command button doesn't turn off the a/c fans like the navi voice command button.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the BT volume was independant of the stereo? The women's voice is considerably louder than the actual phone call though.

I've had trouble w/ it too. If it doesn't understand me the first time, I have to close out of the whole system and try again, or it never gets it.

A couple weeks ago I tried to use it right after starting the car, and the system took literally 2 minutes to prompt me and wouldn't respond to any commands until it prompted me. I couldn't even close out of it. I thought I was going to have to restart the car!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Yes, because bitching at the person who provided the voice of HFL is really going to help solve the problem, despite her not having anything to do with the programming*...

Try speaking slower and louder, and ENUNCIATE. Stop mumbling and it'll understand you. Based on its use of recorded sound clips for addresses, I'd guess it uses voice pattern matching, so saying names in the same way you recorded it should also serve you better.
It works really well for me; I rarely have to repeat myself, even with the windows all open.

Also, the HFL volume is independent of the radio, as is the CD player. If you always have to turn the volume down for the HFL voice, stop turning it up!

* Obvious exception being if she WAS involved in the programming... rare, though it may be.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

maybe it doesn't like Canadian accent ?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Drifting

^^ you should have like a thread every day for everything that keeps going wrong with ur tsx lol ... j/k

neways - it's all about saying the name the same way you said it when you recorded it.. you can say someone's name many different ways...

when you say your numbers make sure you enunciate, four can sound like 'oh' or 'zero' apparently i've had some problems too... also if you have an accent it won't fully understand it... i've been able to call people with windows down driving around so it's definitely possible... the system is pretty good, much better than most of the voice recognition things i've seen/used...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Berserker (+9)

You mean it can't recognize...aight, prolly, acks, fiddy, dawg, know-what-i'm-sayin-know-what-i'm-sayin-know-what-i'm-sayin?

what a rip!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

LOL!!!! I guess I was too harsh on the poor lady! I was very annoyed though and the fact that she said "PARDON?" when I said "YOU FUCKING IDIOT" didn't help!!!!

It's a funny feature nontheless. Sometimes I look around to see if anyone is looking at me while I'm going nuts!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 AM
TSX

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
maybe it doesn't like Canadian accent ?
EH?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Drifting

haha ya i will admit that she always says 'pardon' after not understanding you for like 3 times and then you do get a little pissed... but i've never had a real problem with the bluetooth... i have had a few problems with the navi and that voice recognition sometimes, where i've had to restart the car and then it worked fine... it wouldn't recognize anything not even 'go home' and it didn't come back with wrong entries it just didn't recognize it at all... pfft...
Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 PM
9th Gear

Try going back to the Main Menu when it's not recognizing your command. It helps sometimes.