Best Delaer in NOVA Region

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 07:44 AM
Instructor

Best Delaer in NOVA Region

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a new TSX and i live in Northern Virginia.

Could u let me know the best offers you have got and the best dealer in this region.

Thanks
Mars
Old 08-25-2005 | 07:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Radley Acura- 04 25.7k non-navi
Old 08-25-2005 | 08:05 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Def Radley... awesome guys.

I got $27,750 for a CG/Ebony 6MT w/ Navi and at the time 6MTs were hard to find.

I also got the body kit and Silver Star wheels for like $650 and $600. You get free oil changes for life there and their shop is open from 6am- 2am. They do a nice hand wash on your car too...
Old 08-25-2005 | 08:16 AM
vt alumni

I went to Pohanka. First guy treated me like trash cause I am only 22 and he didnt think I was serious about buying the car myself. Went to the manager tho and told him what was up and that I was going to go to Radley instead but he got me another salesman and pulled him aside and told him to not give me any shit. Other than that it was a good experience.
Old 08-25-2005 | 08:22 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by mars
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a new TSX and i live in Northern Virginia.

Could u let me know the best offers you have got and the best dealer in this region.

Thanks
Mars
hey btw if you want to come check out the cars and talk to some people about them feel free to come to the NoVA meet even though you don't have the car yet.
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:05 AM
アキュラ 力

I purchased my car from Radley a few years ago. This, after going to Pohanka and being treated like garbage by the manager there. As a habit I do all my negotiations by phone so I don't have to go through all the dealer pressure tactics and long drawn out negotiations. I was going back and forth with Radley and Pohanka and finally the sales manager called me and yelled at me on the phone. He asked me "do you think you can just go back and forth like this" I told him I sure as hell can because I am the one paying for the car. Needless to say I ended the conversation by telling him that he lost this sale.
My friend actually negotiated by phone also and ended up getting a great deal at Rosenthal Acura in Maryland. He went in looking to buy a TSX with Navi and ended up with TL W/ navi for $32K and change out the door. I suggest shopping around by phone. Call several dealerships and tell them what you want. Wait for them to call back and then pit the two lowest against each other.
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:06 AM
Instructor

Bought 2005 TSX 5AT w/o Nav at Chevy Chase Accura last month for 25,896 plus TTL. Price included truck liner, cargo net, locking lugs and mud flaps. Very happy with the deal and the way we arrived at the price. Also happy with their service, at least so far. They are a block from the Bethesda metro, which is great for me.

I contacted Radley through an internet buying service (Edmunds) to get a price quote. I emphasised the fact that I knew exactly what I wanted and did not want to travel to the lot to discuss the price. However, they insisted that they would not give a price through the internet pricing service (WTF???) but I had to come to their lot. I considered this to be a form of fraud, since they used the service as an ad, not for the purpose of giving quotes. A couple of weeks after I bought, the Radley salesman contacted me and ask if I bought it yet. When I said yes, he asked the price. I told him to leave me alone.

So as you can see, I didn't like Radley but I guess others did. I'm glad I bought at Chevy Chase but it may not be convenient for you. Best of luck!
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:12 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
I purchased my car from Radley a few years ago. This, after going to Pohanka and being treated like garbage by the manager there. As a habit I do all my negotiations by phone so I don't have to go through all the dealer pressure tactics and long drawn out negotiations. I was going back and forth with Radley and Pohanka and finally the sales manager called me and yelled at me on the phone. He asked me "do you think you can just go back and forth like this" I told him I sure as hell can because I am the one paying for the car. Needless to say I ended the conversation by telling him that he lost this sale.
My friend actually negotiated by phone also and ended up getting a great deal at Rosenthal Acura in Maryland. He went in looking to buy a TSX with Navi and ended up with TL W/ navi for $32K and change out the door. I suggest shopping around by phone. Call several dealerships and tell them what you want. Wait for them to call back and then pit the two lowest against each other.
yeah I talked to the Rosenthal guys as well. They were really nice, but they couldn't match the price, told me that straight up, and told me to take it if I could get it. They were def nice.
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:13 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by tcwatkins
Bought 2005 TSX 5AT w/o Nav at Chevy Chase Accura last month for 25,896 plus TTL. Price included truck liner, cargo net, locking lugs and mud flaps. Very happy with the deal and the way we arrived at the price. Also happy with their service, at least so far. They are a block from the Bethesda metro, which is great for me.

I contacted Radley through an internet buying service (Edmunds) to get a price quote. I emphasised the fact that I knew exactly what I wanted and did not want to travel to the lot to discuss the price. However, they insisted that they would not give a price through the internet pricing service (WTF???) but I had to come to their lot. I considered this to be a form of fraud, since they used the service as an ad, not for the purpose of giving quotes. A couple of weeks after I bought, the Radley salesman contacted me and ask if I bought it yet. When I said yes, he asked the price. I told him to leave me alone.

So as you can see, I didn't like Radley but I guess others did. I'm glad I bought at Chevy Chase but it may not be convenient for you. Best of luck!
lol I talked to Chevy Chase guys as well. They couldn't give me a great price but to be honest I wasn't looking forward to driving through Bethesda everytime I needed to go to the dealer. There are so many cops right around there!

The free car washes whenever you want is nice though
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:21 AM
5th Gear

I was impressed with Chevy Chase Acura during the deal process, but once the car was delivered, it's a different story.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:26 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by iosephus
I was impressed with Chevy Chase Acura during the deal process, but once the car was delivered, it's a different story.
what happend? just curious
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:49 AM
Intermediate

I got my car from Pohanka, I actually had a really good customer service experience, The guy I had was really nice, he gave me the car at the price they paid for it, $25,3...something, but really happy with my purchase, I actually traded in my Scion tC for it and he appraised it too. so that's where I got it.

P.S.

TSXfury...send me a message I want to go to that meet in VA, I want some pointers for modding my TSX. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005 | 12:28 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by MJay919
I got my car from Pohanka, I actually had a really good customer service experience, The guy I had was really nice, he gave me the car at the price they paid for it, $25,3...something, but really happy with my purchase, I actually traded in my Scion tC for it and he appraised it too. so that's where I got it.

P.S.

TSXfury...send me a message I want to go to that meet in VA, I want some pointers for modding my TSX. Thanks.
you have PM... and damn nice deal!
Old 08-25-2005 | 01:15 PM
5th Gear

The car wasn't prepped well, and when I returned for service, the second prep wasn't much better. Granted, they were quite nice, however, they claim my issues aren't really issues..."bring the car back again."
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:23 PM
Instructor

I bought mine from Radley Acura. But I actually had Radley pitted against Pohanka. Out the door, the price was the same, but it really came down to who could get me what I wanted the soonest. Pohanka would have got my business, but the car I was supposed to get was totaled in a train accident. I preferred dealing with the Radley guys, but wasn't that much more impressed with them than Pohanka. Radley won out because they were able to get exactly what I wanted.

I take my car to Pohanka for service, simply because it's closer to work. I'm fairly please with their quality of service.
Old 08-26-2005 | 03:35 AM
Race Director

The only downside to Radley when I looked was the smaller selection than Pohanka. Otherwise the price and experience seems to be better. The Internet manager offered the car at $1K above invoice in April. I'm sure it's lower by now.
Old 08-26-2005 | 07:20 AM
Intermediate

Got mine at Pohanka. I'm 23 and put down half the price of the car in cash and the bastards were still going to make my parents co-sign with me. My dad said thats BS you make me sign and we're outta here. Needless to say they realized they were making a mistake and didn't require the co-signer. Felt sorry for the salesman, he did a great job and almost lost the sale do to the financial people.