Best Dealer Service Department in SoCal? (LA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Dealer Service Department in SoCal? (LA)

Moving from NYC to LA this week and buying my 1st TSX (Auto w/nav). I haven't needed a car in the last ten years (subways!). In a weird way I am looking forward to driving again (especially the TSX)! I have had great offers from Sierra Acura, Cerritos and Acura of Santa Monica. I know I don't have to do this, but I would prefer to have it serviced where I buy it. A loyalty thing I guess. Which Acura dealers in Socal have great service departments (not good, but GREAT)? Any advice/opinions would be appreciated!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had very good experince with Acura of Cerritos. I've been taking my Acuras there for over 15 years. Never had a problem. They treat you professionally. Granted, I've never had warranty issues or anything else that could potentially put me at odds with their service department. When shopping form my TSX their sales guy wasn't willing to deal but their service department has been great to me.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Valencia Acura!
Old 07-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Professional SLACKER

Montclair Acura gave the best service out of all the dealers that I've been to.

Bought the car at Santa Monica ACura - Talk to the manager JC, gave me the TSX for $27k OTD.

Santa MOnica Acura - Overal service is ok. they charged alot of money there because of location. Whenever you're there talk to Dan for service. He's the best person to deal with out of the guys there.

Tustin Acura - overall service ok. They wouldn't give me a loaner car.

Montclair Acura - The moment I stepped outside my car, this guy Scott immediately greeted me and service my car needs at the spot. Just the overall experience with this dealer is way different from other dealers. They did an above and beyond service. In my opinion.

Hope this helps
Old 07-17-2005, 01:18 AM
abs
Cruisin'

I'm not a big fan of Keyes in Van Nuys (although I did wind up buying the car there - their price was the lowest), and depending on where you wind up, I would give Acura 101 in Calabasas a try - I'd say they are above average in relation to other dealers for service, but they don't knock me out either.

I guess that doesn't tell you who's good, but rather who's not so good, hopefully that can be helpful.

Good luck with the move - I did it 11 years ago, and I am never going back
Old 07-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Drifting

since we don't know where in the LA area you're moving to, you're going to hear about too many places. where are you moving to in LA? get it from someplace close to where you are going to live since it would suck to have to drive over half-an-hour just for service, especially in la traffic.

the ones i know in the LA area which have great service are south bay (torrance) and cerritos. i've never had any experiences with santa monica, though. for sales, i've always had great experiences at south coast (costa mesa) acura.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks For all of your help so far! I will be working in Downtown LA, but I'm not sure where I will be living for the long term.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:34 AM
No-navi, yo

I purchased mine from Sierra Acrua, which located at Alhambra. I had a good purchasing experience with them, and everything was pretty straight forward. The folks I talked to at Keyes are actually quite professional, even though I probably would recommand you to keep your eyes open while dealing with them. I had the worst impression with Santa Monica Acura.

Welcome to L.A.. Good luck with your purchasing and new job.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:41 AM
No-navi, yo

Here are two links I found regarding to the similar topic --

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ern+california

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18942
Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 AM
tuning / modding newbie.

Acura 101(calabasas) - ask for michael. won't jack up price by addind "protection pacakages" trunk trays, splash guards, and jack up the price without you asking. I shopped most every dealer in SoCal before i decided to go with michael at acura 101. not only did the get me the best price. he was genuinely nice. I played hardball, and through the whole thing, he was still helpful and trying to do what he could. never once did he "go talk to his sales manager to see if he could get my price" let him know that sequoia sent you (bought his WDP TL with navi from him 2 weeks ago)

i won't go anywhere else now.

oh and they're right about santa monica...... ::shiver::
Old 07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Cruisin'

Thaks for your help everyone. I purchased it from Santa Monica Acura yesterday. See sign in for details!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Acura of Cerritos Update

Originally Posted by jlukja
I've had very good experince with Acura of Cerritos. I've been taking my Acuras there for over 15 years. Never had a problem. They treat you professionally. Granted, I've never had warranty issues or anything else that could potentially put me at odds with their service department. When shopping form my TSX their sales guy wasn't willing to deal but their service department has been great to me.
Maybe they're not so great. During my last service visit they broke my modded key (although, to their credit, they said they'd pay for it). Also, despite my telling them NOT to change the air filter (I have the K&N drop in filter) I found that they removed the Comptech airbox cover and then didn't reattach it properly to the air hose leading to the TB and I found one of my airbox cover bolt spacers missing.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Instructor

I bought my TSX from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills, as I live just down the street and they have so far treated me great. I have always had a loaner available to me, even at very short notice. Before my TSX I had a 99 accord coupe from the same dealership and they took great care of me. They always email me coupons for service and will also email and update me on how my car is doing when being serviced.

This might be a little far for you to travel if you are in LA but its worth it. I have a friend that lives in West Covina and travels to Weir Canyon Acura to get services done as they treat him so well. He has a dealership real close to him but doesn't trust them as much.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 AM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Keyes in Van Nuys

Santa Monica Acura is closer and convient for me, but I rather go out of my way to get better service. Not to mention having quite a few bad experiences with them. I am NEVER going back there - Fuck Santa Monica Acura. If you do go there for service tell Nelly Kasra [Service Manager], I sent you. She's knows my name and recognizes me after all that I have been through, request Robert, he is alright. Better then the others they have there, NEVER get that asian dude, not sure of he is still there or not cause I heard and including myself complained about him.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:12 AM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
I bought my TSX from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim Hills, as I live just down the street and they have so far treated me great. I have always had a loaner available to me, even at very short notice. Before my TSX I had a 99 accord coupe from the same dealership and they took great care of me. They always email me coupons for service and will also email and update me on how my car is doing when being serviced.

This might be a little far for you to travel if you are in LA but its worth it. I have a friend that lives in West Covina and travels to Weir Canyon Acura to get services done as they treat him so well. He has a dealership real close to him but doesn't trust them as much.
I also bought my TSX at Weir Canyon. Before that I owned a '97 CL and I have always been treated very well by the service department.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Intermediate

I say just go to VALENCIA ACURA. . .
Old 07-29-2006, 02:13 AM
Racer

I had good service at Cerritos Acura. Good oil changes, offered a free drink while I wait. I also brought in the car 3 months later after purchase to fix windshield rattle. That was taken care of no problem. They took my word for it and called in the glass guy to fix the moldings again.