bad accident...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Mud in your eye!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=theElio]Holy crap man. Glad to hear you're alright. The first accident really sobers up your driving style, I found...QUOTE]

It's true, an accident sobers up your driving style...

Damns that sux...glad to hear your ok.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,769 Likes on 2,543 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Ok, I just went to take pics and my camera battery was dead... I'm recharging it now.

So, now I need some help on options... Colts won't be happy to hear this but I don't think I'm gonna continue with the JDM theme... the headlights are too expensive and too easily damaged... like this

So should I
A) Just go back to stock, fuck modding it costs to much (I'm a little discouraged)
B) Change back to Acura parts (including OEM kit) and keep modding
C) Keep the Euro-R kit but get a custom Acura grill (probably what I'm going to do) and take the opportunity to have some stuff in my engine bay powdercoated blue. Also, if I can get the cf hood.

I still have the wheels and new coilovers coming, I'm still installing the new coilovers, but I could always sell the wheels when they get here...

Ugh, I can't believe this happend.

I think you should be able to get it all covered under insurance man. I emailed polepositionproducts and got receipts for everything i have ordered from them so far. You should be able to get your from who ever you got your stuff through. Don't let this stop you modding man, keep strong man, If you want I have the custom grills in my basement that look like the mugen grill that you can use till you get a new mugen one from insurance. Dont stop the JDM theme you can do it. Like I said though you shouldnt have to pay for the new JDM Headlights. Dont sell the wheels either. It will take some time dealing with insurance but you can get through it.

Seriously think about what you are doing and all the part you have coming other than just the coilovers and wheels cause you have a lot. Let me know if you need any help though. Make the car driveable your self, as I assume you kept all the factory parts. ask lito to borrow his white factory bumper till you get the new one.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:02 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Pics...

and the only damage to the Euro-R front lip...

Old 11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see that TSX.Fury, I'm glad you're alright though...
it is painful to see that, I understand now why you didn't want to post any pics...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

My advice, have your old stock headlights installed, pocket the cash given to you for new lights. Have the Euro lip placed on new OE bumper, get a new OE hood. and save up for a new JDM grill, and call this a lesson learned.

Else it looks fairly fixable, I'd go with OE Acura goods before installing all kinds of aftermarket junk.

Hey do you have the old grill install that too and save some more cash...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MrChad
My advice, have your old stock headlights installed, pocket the cash given to you for new lights. Have the Euro lip placed on new OE bumper, get a new OE hood. and save up for a new JDM grill, and call this a lesson learned.

Else it looks fairly fixable, I'd go with OE Acura goods before installing all kinds of aftermarket junk.

Hey do you have the old grill install that too and save some more cash...
you can borrow my oem hood and order a carbon fiber hood instead of a new oem.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

OEM hoods will help you in a crash the CF won't, look at the amount of energy the OEM hood took, it's designed to help you in a crash can we say that about the CF hood?

The damage may have been worse with a CF hood simply giving way....
Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Instructor

Arrow

Yes, his damage looks just like mine, im taking pics tonight but i got 2 camera shots of my damage.....Thinking of getting CF hood anyway and a front MUGEN bumper instead of OEM bumper and grill...whatcha think fully stock except for Silverstar rims with just CF hood and MUGEN front bumper?

Damage
Old 11-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry fury to hear and see the damage but I agree thank god you walked out of it well. It sucks to hear that you want to quit your JDM project. I guess I would be discourage if I were you too, but hey hopefully they'll cover your JDM stuff and they'll cash you out for that stuff and for now just install your OEM stuff if you still got it.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Race Director

looked exactly like my damage except the grill wasent as bad.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Sorry to see those pics Fury - I hope things turn out better for you with the insurance company than they did for me in the past.

Keep us updated.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro

Hey man sorry to hear that this.
Like everyone said, parts can be replaced but you aren't.
At least yours was better than mine, a hit and run. It was my first so I had no idea what to do.
I would stop modding though, I know it'll costs some money to get things back on track but this is the risk you have to take when you start modding a daily driver car.
If I were you I would try to have the insurace company cover for all of the parts or at least OEM ones then start ordering the parts you want. It may take a while for the parts to arrived but i see that there are many AZers willing to help you regards to putting the OEM bumper on for now.
As some member said earlier regards to CF hood. Yes, CF hood is ligther and has higher streght but it is very ductile. Many ppl add the hood pins to secure the hood in order of accident so that it won't poke through windshield because CF shards are very sharp.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn B, sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. About a month ago, I was rear ended by some chick while I was on my way to work. I called Radley to see where they send their cars for bodywork, they referred me to Falls Church Autobody. The girl who hit me had Progressive and they ended up mailing me the check and faxing a copy of the check over to the bodyshop. They did an excellent job on the paint matching (which I told them I was extremely particular about), I was extremely impressed. You might want to check them out. They have a satisfactory record from the Better Business Bureau and their work is warrantied for as long as you own the car. BTW glad to see that you are ok.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't quit modding dude..... think of all the parts you still have that are coming!!.... maybe just use the OEM parts for awhile and wait.. just chill out of the modding scene for a bit...everyone is willing to help you out dude!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aww that sucks man. All it takes in driving is a small assumtion and boom.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Racer

i had that happen once in the rain when someone sped up to deny my lane change and i had to get back in another lane (L.A. people are jerks).

anyways, hopefully you can get it fixed, if insurance pays for it all hopefully it'll be good as new.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Ok, I just went to take pics and my camera battery was dead... I'm recharging it now.

So, now I need some help on options... Colts won't be happy to hear this but I don't think I'm gonna continue with the JDM theme... the headlights are too expensive and too easily damaged... like this

So should I
A) Just go back to stock, fuck modding it costs to much (I'm a little discouraged)
B) Change back to Acura parts (including OEM kit) and keep modding
C) Keep the Euro-R kit but get a custom Acura grill (probably what I'm going to do) and take the opportunity to have some stuff in my engine bay powdercoated blue. Also, if I can get the cf hood.
Hey man, good to hear you're ok. The first accident is the worst, I wrecked my front end 2 months after getting my car (back before it was modified). It hurts to see your baby all smashed up, but if you find a really good place they'll get it back to new, just make sure you get a good job done on it.

I had Geico and I got an estimate for the initial damage and they cut me a check. When the shop was working on it they found more damage and they went directly to Geico for an adjustment for whatever else was needed.

I wouldn't stop modding, but you gotta remember a car is just a thing, a fragile thing at that. Modding takes a lot of emotional investment, in addition to time and money. But when you get so tied up in it, it can only end up w/ something bad... a wreck, getting stolen, vandalized. I've learned as I go along that I still enjoy modding my car, but in the end, its not the most important thing.

O yeah, do you need that headlight back, I can take it off pretty easy?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Top notch 6MT

Sorry to hear man
Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Banned

All the damage can be fixed on your ride, thank God your okay man. Go with your option "C) Keep the Euro-R kit but get a custom Acura grill (probably what I'm going to do) and take the opportunity to have some stuff in my engine bay powdercoated blue. Also, if I can get the cf hood."
Old 11-07-2005, 04:50 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by xizor
Hey man, good to hear you're ok. The first accident is the worst, I wrecked my front end 2 months after getting my car (back before it was modified). It hurts to see your baby all smashed up, but if you find a really good place they'll get it back to new, just make sure you get a good job done on it.

I had Geico and I got an estimate for the initial damage and they cut me a check. When the shop was working on it they found more damage and they went directly to Geico for an adjustment for whatever else was needed.

I wouldn't stop modding, but you gotta remember a car is just a thing, a fragile thing at that. Modding takes a lot of emotional investment, in addition to time and money. But when you get so tied up in it, it can only end up w/ something bad... a wreck, getting stolen, vandalized. I've learned as I go along that I still enjoy modding my car, but in the end, its not the most important thing.

O yeah, do you need that headlight back, I can take it off pretty easy?
Thanks man, good to know about Geico, I'm hopeful I can turn this into not such a bad thing

And nah, totally don't worry about the headlight.

Really good advice too, something I just learned the hard way although, you only learn stuff the hard way, there is no easy way to learn something...
Old 11-07-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks man, good to know about Geico, I'm hopeful I can turn this into not such a bad thing

And nah, totally don't worry about the headlight.

Really good advice too, something I just learned the hard way although, you only learn stuff the hard way, there is no easy way to learn something...
where did you go lol
Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ah dude! this freakin sucks! good luck with it all! and dont stop modding youz!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn bro! glad your alright, hurt me seeing that damage pics on your beautiful car, but yah don't stop modding. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:11 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by lito
Damn bro! glad your alright, hurt me seeing that damage pics on your beautiful car, but yah don't stop modding. Let me know if you need anything.
def, thanks for the offer man... I def will.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Form Follows Function

Sorry to hear about your accident. It seems that towing hitch on the other car was responsible for the severity of the damage. You (or rather all of us) should write to our legislators to make illegal protruding elements on vehicles, such as towing hitches as well as various "deer" grilles. I was hit on the side some time ago by a SUV with an ugly deer grill.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:51 PM
send me a link to JDM??

The car goes in to D&V auto on Monday. So far they get a big Kevin has been great, letting me know everything they are going to do as well as being cool with my requests. I'll let you guys know how it goes...
Old 11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Canuck

Fury, sh1t happens and your alright. It sucks i know, i've been through it but modding your car will make you feel better, trust me. Seeing your baby all banged up is a downer but once she's fixed, you'll be itching again.

BTW, the headlights, Can you salvage them? Can't you swap out the clear lense into your OEM headlights (remove the orange piece from OEM and swap in the JDM piece?)? Or replace the clear plastic Cover from another headlight?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn...those pics are painful. To tell you the truth I've been avoiding this thread because I just didn't want to see the pics of your ride all smashed up.

It's nice to hear that you're on the right track to getting everything repaired. I wish you the best of luck during that process.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Repaired Pics: My confused car :whyme:

My car doesn't know what it is right now I def recommed D&V to anyone in the DC area. The guy was great! Had some sick cars on the lot too... best of which was a slammed black M3 with CF diffusers front and back, titanium exhaust, and 19X10.5 and 19X9.5 Black Volk TE37's on the back and front... it was dead nasty.

OEM grill without the "A"

Repaired Corner:

OEM Headlight (repaired corner):

Euro-R headlight:

"H" on the back:
Old 12-04-2005, 03:38 PM

ahhh hope that headlight and grill get here soon but he did an excellent job on that lip man.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:39 PM

raise the back up a little so the front and back are the same.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:53 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
raise the back up a little so the front and back are the same.
Yeah I need too. I was gonna do it today but I installed the spoon spoiler instead. I guess it will have to wait until next weekend.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:57 PM

Yeah I need too. I was gonna do it today but I installed the spoon spoiler instead. I guess it will have to wait until next weekend.
ahh there is still time all you need is a jack a flash light
Old 12-04-2005, 03:58 PM
send me a link to JDM??

ahh there is still time all you need is a jack a flash light
and like 4 jackets... its freezing!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:59 PM

and like 4 jackets... its freezing!
suck it up its 12 degrees out up here in Rochester dont tell me its cold out.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:26 PM

Heeeees baaaaack!!! Looks good they did a great job. I got to admit you are a true JDM whore, you actually took the "A" emblem on the stock grill. I had since taken my front Mugen bumper for the winter last week and put the stock bumper on but I never even thought about taking the "A" off the grill so I have the "H" on the back and "A" on the front. So I guest I'm not worthy of being JDM whore!
Old 12-04-2005, 04:27 PM

Heeeees baaaaack!!! Looks good they did a great job. I got to admit you are a true JDM whore, you actually took the "A" emblem on the stock grill. I had since taken my front Mugen bumper for the winter last week and put the stock bumper on but I never even thought about taking the "A" off the grill so I have the "H" on the back and "A" on the front. So I guest I'm not worthy of being JDM whore!
you should take your sides skirts off too man. they are possibly the easiest thing to take off the car in my opinion if the mugen ones go on like the factory ones.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:40 PM

you should take your sides skirts off too man. they are possibly the easiest thing to take off the car in my opinion if the mugen ones go on like the factory ones.
Yes you get it off easily, but I'll probly keep it on.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
send me a link to JDM??

lol thanks man I figured it was better then nothing
Old 12-04-2005, 05:02 PM
no0bIe

Thank god for the weather here in Vegas... Rims, OEM kit and the likes stay on all year long...

Quick Reply: bad accident...