bad accident...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 12:56 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad accident...

I just got in an accident... my first. Holy fuck, I can't believe it happend, I just can't believe it....

The woman in front on my stopped at a yeild when we had our own lane... I shoulda seen her but she hit her brakes, then took her foot off, so I thought she was going, so I looked into the oncoming lane and she slammed on her brakes and I hit her....

She was driving an SUV, honda pilot with a tow hitch, so there is
tons of damage... my hood is bent up, bumper cracked to shit, one of the JDM headlights is cracked, the Mugen grill is beat to shit totally destroyed, only a small scratch of the Euro-R front lip thank god.

Worst part about it is I just lost so much fucking cash because they were aftermarket parts... I just can't believe it...

anyone know what I should do? Is there anyway I can just get my insurance to give me a check so I can buy aftermarket parts instead of OEM ones? I have geico...

I'll post pics later... I can't bear to look at it now
Old 11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Got Ramen?

damn that really sucks. i hope you're alrihgt tho. sad to hear your tsx that badly damaged considering the amount of time and money you spent modding it. what's gonna happen now?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy shit man
thats fu*ked up

your TSX was one of the best ones on the forum

hope your insurance pays for the aftermarket parts
Old 11-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I just got in an accident... my first. Holy fuck, I can't believe it happend, I just can't believe it....

The woman in front on my stopped at a yeild when we had our own lane... I shoulda seen her but she hit her brakes, then took her foot off, so I thought she was going, so I looked into the oncoming lane and she slammed on her brakes and I hit her....

She was driving an SUV, honda pilot with a tow hitch, so there is
tons of damage... my hood is bent up, bumper cracked to shit, one of the JDM headlights is cracked, the Mugen grill is beat to shit totally destroyed, only a small scratch of the Euro-R front lip thank god.

Worst part about it is I just lost so much fucking cash because they were aftermarket parts... I just can't believe it...

anyone know what I should do? Is there anyway I can just get my insurance to give me a check so I can buy aftermarket parts instead of OEM ones? I have geico...

I'll post pics later... I can't bear to look at it now
That sucks, man. I hope nobody was injured. I don't know about the insurance paying for aftermarket parts. I would think they'd only cover OEM repairs for the car. It certainly can't hurt to ask, though. That may be one of the risks of running aftermarket parts.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
oh damn! sorry to hear about that...just wondering...would this be considered your fault since you were behind her? when someone hit me in my older car i took it to a few body shops for an estimate and i chose the one who had the highest quote..then the other persons insurance sent me a check for the damage and i ended up buying aftermarket parts and the body shop installed them for me..if i can remember right..i still had a few dollars left after it was all done...maybe thats what you can do... good luck..
Old 11-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
That totally sucks dude. I hope you are ok,.....sucks about the car,...its such a nice TSX.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by waTSX
That sucks, man. I hope nobody was injured. I don't know about the insurance paying for aftermarket parts. I would think they'd only cover OEM repairs for the car. It certainly can't hurt to ask, though. That may be one of the risks of running aftermarket parts.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
It depends on the type of coverage that he has... if he insured the aftermarket parts, he should be fine. However, since he is asking, I doubt that is the case. In which case, OEM only.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:32 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
$$$$ can replace Parts, but it can never replace People so Im Glad You are not hurt and walk away alive from this.

I'm seeing a tread with bad drivers out there, I wouldnt be surprised if that honda pilot driver has an extensive record of accidents so maybe you should check with a lawyer?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:34 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Ok, I just talked to Geico. And here's the question... they say I can take it to any shop I want. I have an appointment to get it looked at by one of their claims guys on Wednesday. Will they send me the check and I can take it anywhere I want? Or do they send the shop the check?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Most insurance companies will send you a check if you want.

DUDE.... sorry to hear about this. I saw your name on the post and thought.... well, at least he is okay.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:00 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Ok new question... talked to Geico again, and they will just send me the check.

Anyone know a good place in the NoVA area where I can take it and they will install aftermarket parts...

I think I might get the Mugen bumper since I need a new bumper anyway...
Old 11-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Racer

Holy crap man. Glad to hear you're alright. The first accident really sobers up your driving style, I found.
In order for insurance to pay for your aftermarket parts you have to tell them you have them and to insure them as well. Your rates will go up but it'll be covered. I have my OEM bodykit insured as well as the rest of my car, for that very reason.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:19 PM
no0bIe

Sorry to hear about your baby, hope your doing okay.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aww sorry to hear about your car Fury, I can't image how you must feel seeing all that JDM work go down the tubes. But I'm glad to hear that you are ok.

But, it does sound like things will be working for the better. Good luck
Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn....sorry to hear about the this Fury. Glad you're okay though. That's the important thing.

In the end looks like you'll be getting a mugen bumper out of all of this. At least that is one positive.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:54 PM
Racer

Here is my experience with insurance companies.

Having them send you a check is not a good idea if you are planning on fixing your vehicle, why?

Because inorder for them to send you a check you need to get an estimate done. And everyone know that estimates are only estimates. The cost of repair is sometimes way above anyones estimates. So if they cut you a check for an estimate you are losing money.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
send me a link to JDM??

yeah I don't know what to do... damn SUV's!!! If I didn't hit a stupid fucking SUV there would have been like no damage... I went right under her car
Old 11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Race Director

sounds like my accident....glad your ok. I had to get a new hood, 2 new lights , new grill, and new bumper.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Hey TSX.Fury, sorry to hear about that man. I would take it to D&V auto body off Poland rd in ashburn va. Off route 50. They do all my work and pohanka lexus/acuras high end cars that they want done right. It is a small family owned place but they do the best body work and paint work I have ever seen. I had them work on a 2003 corvette,acura mdx and my wifes 05 tl in wdp and they do immaculate work. They can take a long time is the only draw back. PM me if you want there contact info. Also they deal with allot of RJ products and aftermarket parts. Glad to hear your ok.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Instructor

I had the same thing yesterday, but mine was a GRAND CHEROKEE....Grill, Bumper and Hood need replacing....i only have 2 pics with my camera phone, but anyone know where i can get the MUGEN BODY KIT from,or just the front bumper...and can they use the stock grill with the MUGEN bumper? and maybe a suggestion of a carbon fiber hood since i need to get it replaced anyway....

Damage Pics
Old 11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro

gald you didnt get hurt....what i did..is take it to a shop where i knew the guys there, have them look at it....because, once they start taking it apart, they may find more parts that need to be replaced that initially they couldnt see...meaning more money from the insurance company.ask the body shop if you can get certain parts like the front lip and they will deduct it from the stuff that they do, and they will pay you back for those parts and you give them the parts to put on. sometimes.the insurance company pays the shop directly....good luck.....
Old 11-05-2005, 07:20 PM
TSX

That sucks dood...but at least you came out alright which is the most important....
Old 11-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Sorry about the accident. But as others have pointed out to you, least no one was hurt you can always replace plastic, rubber, and metal but you can't replace people.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Racer

Where are the pics??
Old 11-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,769 Likes on 2,543 Posts
that sucks man. I say you should get the carbon fiber hood instead since it could possibly be cheaper in the mean time you could borrow my factory hood that I have. Another thing. if you have receipts for all you aftermarkte stuff doesnt matter that it aftermarket they have to replace it. If you dont have receipts I would email whoever you got the stuff from and have one faxed to you. If you need anymore help on this I pmed you my cell number just give me a call.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
pics or not...who cares, he can bearly stand to look at the damage.... sorry to hear this dude, but ya, at least you are ok man!!

but DAMN YOU!!... i want to be the only CG with a Mugen bumper!! (even though some guy had it before) .. but, it's ok... i wouldn't be getting that bumper for a while, so get it now, when you don't want it, you can sell it to me!.....hahaha...... and since your hood is bent... maybe NEW CF HOOD?......hahaha

that's how i look at accidents, you have a excuse of getting NEW parts....haha, but at least you are not hurt!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Damn Fury... glad you've got your health. That's great that your insurance company is letting you pick your place. A few years ago, some bloke in a Durango slammed into the back of my Accord, which was eventually totalled. I had a bunch of aftermarket parts installed as well. When I called my insurance company (AIG), they were only willing to cover the cost of repair to restore my car to the "value" that was reported on my policy, which means they were only willing to fix the car to bring it back to "stock" form. Since in NJ we have no fault liability (for rear end collisions), the Durango guy's insurance was 100% responsible for any repair bills... so luckily, they reimbursed me for every single part! I hope you have the same good luck my friend!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Teh seX

thank God you're alright Fury..

atleast nobody was hurt..
Old 11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
sorry bout that accident bro, glad you are ok
Old 11-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Advanced

sorry to hear about your accident man. pretty incredible feeling, huh? one thing's for sure NoVA/DC/MD drivers SUCK.

a good friend of mine is a claims adjuster for a large insurance company (not geico), and she has told me stories of how she hates aftermarket parts on cars because they are so hard to value, so i always assumed that stuff was covered
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear about your accident, man I admired your TSX. One of the cleanest ones on this forum IMO. Hope you and the car have a rapid recovery. Good luck with the insurance company and restoring your car back to the way you want it.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
first off glad to see that you are ok ben, i'm sorry to hear about the car though, you had one of the cleanest cg's...hopefully things will turn for the better.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:46 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
that sucks man. I say you should get the carbon fiber hood instead since it could possibly be cheaper in the mean time you could borrow my factory hood that I have. Another thing. if you have receipts for all you aftermarkte stuff doesnt matter that it aftermarket they have to replace it. If you dont have receipts I would email whoever you got the stuff from and have one faxed to you. If you need anymore help on this I pmed you my cell number just give me a call.
Hey Fury, first things first, sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad to hear that you're ok.

Like CCC said, get copies of receipts if possible to basically show them how much aftermarket parts would be.

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Here is my experience with insurance companies.

Having them send you a check is not a good idea if you are planning on fixing your vehicle, why?

Because inorder for them to send you a check you need to get an estimate done. And everyone know that estimates are only estimates. The cost of repair is sometimes way above anyones estimates. So if they cut you a check for an estimate you are losing money.
As for this issue, insurance companies sometimes issue what's called a supplemental payment for any additional costs over the initial estimate. Depending on which insurance carrier you work with it can be either easy or a PITA to try to get them to cut you another check.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Pro

God that sucks!!!!

I am sorry man, there is nothing i hate more than dealing with cars and insurance!
if you want my opinion, find out how much its going to cost (roughly) and if u can afford it, dont go through the insurance, pay it yourself

and try to make that lady pay a little, going to be tough to convince her, but you can always try to make her give couple of hundred bucks (thats if her car has no damages)
Old 11-06-2005, 08:46 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
holy shit! that sucks, you have so much mods.

i had geico too and they were very fast processing my paperwork when the @#$!ing explorer rear ended me...GL getting it fixed.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to hear you are okay. Sorry to hear about your car. That exact same thing happened to me when I was in San Antonio. 3 grand damage to my car and $350 to some lady in a minivan. It sucked because she was already moving and got scared. But I still got the blame.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:26 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Ok, I just went to take pics and my camera battery was dead... I'm recharging it now.

So, now I need some help on options... Colts won't be happy to hear this but I don't think I'm gonna continue with the JDM theme... the headlights are too expensive and too easily damaged... like this

So should I
A) Just go back to stock, fuck modding it costs to much (I'm a little discouraged)
B) Change back to Acura parts (including OEM kit) and keep modding
C) Keep the Euro-R kit but get a custom Acura grill (probably what I'm going to do) and take the opportunity to have some stuff in my engine bay powdercoated blue. Also, if I can get the cf hood.

I still have the wheels and new coilovers coming, I'm still installing the new coilovers, but I could always sell the wheels when they get here...

Ugh, I can't believe this happend.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Race Director

why would u stop modding, wont insurance cover the cost?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Ok, I just went to take pics and my camera battery was dead... I'm recharging it now.

So, now I need some help on options... Colts won't be happy to hear this but I don't think I'm gonna continue with the JDM theme... the headlights are too expensive and too easily damaged... like this

So should I
A) Just go back to stock, fuck modding it costs to much (I'm a little discouraged)
B) Change back to Acura parts (including OEM kit) and keep modding
C) Keep the Euro-R kit but get a custom Acura grill (probably what I'm going to do) and take the opportunity to have some stuff in my engine bay powdercoated blue. Also, if I can get the cf hood.

I still have the wheels and new coilovers coming, I'm still installing the new coilovers, but I could always sell the wheels when they get here...

Ugh, I can't believe this happend.
Sorry about your loss but let this be a lesson to all of us heavy modders out there. Make certian you retain all your receipts and make sure that your insurance co knows that these items are on your car. Some co's do NOT cover aftermarket parts unless you tell them their on your car so they add it to the policy.

Fury, have you talked to your ins co about the aftertmarket parts? Will they cover them for you? If so, then whats that problem?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:35 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by joerockt
Sorry about your loss but let this be a lesson to all of us heavy modders out there. Make certian you retain all your receipts and make sure that your insurance co knows that these items are on your car. Some co's do NOT cover aftermarket parts unless you tell them their on your car so they add it to the policy.

Fury, have you talked to your ins co about the aftertmarket parts? Will they cover them for you? If so, then whats that problem?
I haven't talked to the insurance co. about aftermarket yet, I'm going to talk to the adjuster when I go in to get an estimate on Wednesday. I do have all the reciepts though. However, like you said, I never told them. And even if they do reimburse me for them, I still have the problem that all that stuff comes from Japan, and I can't afford to wait the three months without my car

So either way I'm gonna get fucked of the JDM front...

Quick Reply: bad accident...