Arctic Blues: Available Nowhere...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005 | 12:54 AM
Life's a beach

Unhappy Arctic Blues: Available Nowhere...?

My dealer is looking, but still can't locate any blue TSX's. If I understood him correctly, he says that only 7 or 8 were produced so far this year...? I find that really hard to believe. Does that sound plausible? Or did he just want me to give up on the blue and go for one of the carbon grays that he had on the lot?

I'm dead-set on this color. I don't like a lot of other blue cars but I just love the ABP shade, and I admit that part of the reason I want one is that you don't see them on the road much. Or at all. I've never actually even seen one on the road. I'm willing to wait for one; there's really no practical reason that I need to rush to own a TSX.

I checked with other dealers in the area; they don't have them (or else the dealer I'm working with probably would've done a trade with them already anyway).
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:39 AM
Can't wait to drive

7 or 8? I call on that. Probably 7 or 8 for the state you're in. Arctic Blue is a rare color for TSX, but it's worth it. Almost no other TSX has that color around, and it still looks really good after I had it for over a year
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:41 AM
Racer

I can confirm at least two here in Houston that I have seen in person on the dealership lots. Ive found 4 online in Houston at dealers. I cant decide between the blue or the grey myself.

When I finally get around to selling my car and going in to buy the TSX I'll ask the dealer to park a blue and a grey side by side so I can make a final decision.
Old 05-19-2005 | 05:03 AM
CL9 ABP

I saw aleast one in my area, but I think it was from out of state...
some southern plate.

Seen another blue on the high way in the queens brooklyn express.

Me and rmatic are 2 in Long island haha.

I had to order mine, and it took about a week and 3 days to get.
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:03 AM
Racer

ABP is rare, I got one about 3 weeks ago, and I ordered it in Dec. 2004. I checked my dealer in those 4 months, and they never had another ABP hit their lot. Granted, my dealership probably only sold 10 - 12 TSXs in that time. I did order 6MT/Navi, which makes it harder to get.
Old 05-19-2005 | 06:29 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

i've seen one in smithtown (sister goes to stonybrook); one in the city w/CT plates

they look very nice with body kit and tint
Old 05-19-2005 | 07:07 AM
2nd Gear

I am looking for Arctic Blue too! The trouble is I want a 6MT. I know of three Arctic Blue ATs parked on dealer lots right now. In April I new of 2 MTs on dealer lots but I hadn't settled on the TSX then.

These are actual sightings not bogus dealer inventories on dealer websites.

If you really want to be annoyed check out the available colors for the Honda Accord in Europe.
Old 05-19-2005 | 07:37 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

yes ABP is very rare. When I got my ABP last year it was purely out of look because my dealer had to make a trade with an out of state dealer. I couldn't get the ABP 6MT NAV because they were so hard to get. I wish I got the 6MT, but I love the color.

I'm located in Queens but work in Long Island everyday. I have another in my neighborhood and saw 2 on the lot at Paragon Acura in queens last weekend in case you're in the NYC area.
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:07 AM
HOWARD911S

I got my blue put out of pure luck...i was actually having the hardest time finding a tsx year and half ago period. i call and ran to 7 dealers and nobody had any tsx in any color at all.... when i just about gave up hope... this dealer.. Downey Acura..CA told me they had a truck pull in with 1 arctic blue ones....i told them ILL BE RIGHT THERE. and just snatched it off the truck....

As for supply...I drive around Los Angeles Metro area a lot.... so far i have only seen 2 arctic blue ones around los angeles area.. im sure there are a few more. but with all the driving i have seen. only saw 2...........................(1 of them is mine) . When i purchased the car.. dealer told me Blue is a limited color.. and thats all he knew.. he had no idea why.. just its limited...

i wonder if anyone knows why...?
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:17 AM
Advanced

I have had mine on order since mid-April. It is scheduled to be built this week and will take approximately 3-4 weeks to be shipped to Houston. The dealer looked in a seven state area but none had the NAVI, which I wanted. All of the ABP's in Houston, Dallas and Austin are without NAVI.
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:53 AM
no0bIe

Proud owner of an ABP here... Excellent color of choice... So far in my 1.5 years of ownership I have only come across 2 other ABP in the Las Vegas area... Which definetly is a good thing.
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:16 AM
Intermediate

I have a 04 ssm and love it, however since I have been on board checking out the pics etc...The ABP is definitly a hot color and looks especially good with body kits and tint. The fact it is hard to find, makes it all the better for those who own one. Good luck in your pusuit of the ABP.
Old 05-19-2005 | 10:19 AM
Instructor

Artic Blue -

Dark Blue -

Just wish they would produced a darker more richer blue compared to the color of the Dark Blue A4's.
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Had the same issue a little while ago:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21058

Funny since I have seen 2 ABP's driving around here. dealer BS
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:05 AM
TSXREEFER

Had to order mine

Had to order my blue 6speed. I snagged on that was on the build schedule, they told me it was the only one in that scheudle for delivery to my region.
The blue looks great! Glad I ordered it, but all TSXs look good to me when they are clean.
Old 05-19-2005 | 11:32 AM
Senior Moderator

I saw one Tuesday at the dealership, in Orange Park Florida, while I was waiting on my car that was being looked at for a rattle problem. It was even on sale (marked down)!! Not sure if it was MT or AT. But it did look sharp!!!
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:41 PM
08 MDX with Sports

Shit try looking for ABP 6spd/navi -$2k MSRP took me forever but I got mines about 7 months ago.
Old 05-19-2005 | 08:53 PM
Life's a beach

Thanks, guys. Well I guess I'm in for a wait. Sort of what I thought. I haven't officially ordered one yet (nothing signed on a form or anything) -- the dealer has just been trying to track one down and I've checked in with him about it periodically over the course of the last month or so. I want a 5AT w/navi. Guess those are pretty rare. Gonna get the OEM body kit on it too.

I didn't like the dark blue color -- too dark for me; can't even hardly see the blue unless you're right up there next to it and the sun is beating down on it. Otherwise it just looks black to me. Dealer has one of the dark blues and a carbon gray. I must admit I like the carbon, which would be my second choice, but the blue just looks so much better. At least in photos I've seen of it. Heh...I've never actually even seen a real live TSX in that color. I did see an RSX in a similar shade (it wasn't called Arctic, something like Indigo Blue Pearl I think?) and that looked pretty bitchen, so I'm betting that I'll love the ABP TSX on first sight.
Old 05-19-2005 | 09:01 PM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by EuroDriver
I am looking for Arctic Blue too! The trouble is I want a 6MT. I know of three Arctic Blue ATs parked on dealer lots right now. In April I new of 2 MTs on dealer lots but I hadn't settled on the TSX then.

These are actual sightings not bogus dealer inventories on dealer websites.

If you really want to be annoyed check out the available colors for the Honda Accord in Europe.
I believe there's a ABP Manual TSX w/ Nav at Herb Connolly Acura of Framingham, MA. Let me know if you're interested and I can call the guy I know there to see if its still around...obviously you'd have to be in the New England area or willing to travel.
Old 05-20-2005 | 12:49 AM
Instructor

Got a ABP here. I have tint and a spoiler and soon the kit. It is cool how there's barely any around. I do hate the feeling when I pull up next to another TSX, especially in blue. But, I've only seen about three since my ownership since August 04. The dealer had to locate mines to and then traded it with another dealership for a carbon gray. It is hard to find blues though...I know i've looked. I think it's pretty much true for the red and meteor silver color as well.
Old 05-20-2005 | 08:07 AM
Instructor

yeah, while the ABP are harder to get, they aren't limited in any way. You can order one, you'll just have to wait awhile.

There were two on the lot I bought mine from. Even a Used one!!
Old 05-20-2005 | 10:27 AM
ABP 6MT

I ordered my ABP last June (6MT/no navi) and have seen only 2 or 3 others this color.
Old 05-20-2005 | 11:12 AM
Cruisin'

Funny, they had mine on the back lot when I went looking.
I called and told them what I wanted. he said let me check. within 30 min he called me back and said they had it.
Anyone know when the inspection is done on them? Mine was done in April and I didn't buy the car until June
Old 05-20-2005 | 11:15 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MadDog_NC
Funny since I have seen 2 ABP's driving around here.
the only other ABP I've seen on the road was up in Asheville just before buying mine.
I'm all over between Balentine, Pineville and SouthPark.
Old 05-20-2005 | 09:08 PM
Cruisin'

There's one artic blue at my dealer! But I don't like the reflect of this color. I'd prefer a darker blue. (St-Hyacinthe, Qc)
Old 05-20-2005 | 09:23 PM
Life's a beach

Does it not reflect well?

Granted, lighter colors don't reflect as well as darker (and pure black probably is the best reflector), but I want at least some sheen. I think I've seen some ABP's that were Zaino-ed that looked pretty nice and shiny.

Also this might be a stupid question but I've never actually "ordered" a car before. Any tips before I tell my dealer to do that?
Old 05-20-2005 | 09:58 PM
Cruisin'

Might be the wrong word (english isn't my first language )

When I look at the car from some angle and depending of the lighting, the color can turn into some kind of weird blue, it reminds me of the butt ugly blue found on the Nissan Sentra! But it's just my personnal opinion.

I'm looking for a graphit gray TSX. Really classy!
Old 05-20-2005 | 10:37 PM
Life's a beach

Yeah, as another person mentioned earlier, I want to see the Arctic Blue and the Carbon Gray ones side by side before I make a decision to buy. My dealer already has a carbon gray. I test drove that one; it was sweet. But I sure love pics of ABP's that I've seen on the Net.
Old 05-21-2005 | 08:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Caperone
Might be the wrong word (english isn't my first language )

When I look at the car from some angle and depending of the lighting, the color can turn into some kind of weird blue, it reminds me of the butt ugly blue found on the Nissan Sentra! But it's just my personnal opinion.

I'm looking for a graphit gray TSX. Really classy!

Weird blue??? Not to me. It's just another shade of blue. Almost purple if you will...or maybe that's just me. But it's not ugly at all. I'd still have this color over all the other except for maybe carbon gray. But that color is everywhere. I see one each day sometimes more!
Old 05-22-2005 | 12:49 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rivvin
Weird blue??? Not to me. It's just another shade of blue. Almost purple if you will...or maybe that's just me. But it's not ugly at all. I'd still have this color over all the other except for maybe carbon gray. But that color is everywhere. I see one each day sometimes more!
Hey, I said it was my own taste/opinion. I don't like it, doesn't mean that you have to agree with me!