View Poll Results: Any regrets about buying your TSX?
Yes, some regrets. Probably wasn't the right car for me.
15.25%
No, I have no regrets. This car is perfect for me.
84.75%
Voters: 610. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone regret buying their TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by grapeguice
I had no idea that Neons had so much power and weighed so much less. Those might even be faster than a TL, but would anyone really want to trade entire TSX package for the entire Neon package? I understand that the power would be nice, but truthfully, that's all you're really getting with the Neon.

230H
250T
2900LBS

As for regrets, I have a couple of minor issues that I wish were better or not there. I have a very slight rattle in the passenger A-pillar that I will ask the dealer to take a look at. The auto trans makes an audible click at times when engaging D or R that I wish were not there. The noise level on concrete is way higher than it should be. As for power, I think it's fine. We all want more power and better fuel economy, but overall both are very good meaning that both are there when you need it. Lastly, the ride is a little stiff on the highway. Overall, the TSX is still the best value out on the market, it's fun to drive and there aren't so many of them on the road.
You're pulling up stats on the SRT-4 with the turbo motor. Of course that's going to be quicker. But if you have ever driven one, you would know that its terrible inside. Loud, noisy, trim pieces rattling and buzzing, shifter that barely clears the seats, and an absolute ergonomic nightmare. For the same amount of cash, my money would go for a WRX since you get nearly identical performance, but much more livable.

And for the record, still no complaints about my TSX, though I am contemplating a BBK...
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Yes... Maybe No...

I really love my ride but when everything starts to fail starting from the fog lights to the door locks... I began to think if I choose the right car for me...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:03 PM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For some reason, Yes!
Rattles
Jerky AT
Noisy road noise (I have ditched shitty stock tires, but still noisy)
For some reason, No!
Good mileage
Seats fit well on me

If there is a better car at TSX price range, I would definitely trade mine for it.
Or Is it time to upgrade my daily driver to a better one, G37s
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Poser / Fanboi

• Wish it got better mileage but I knew what I was getting into
  • Sometimes I could use the rear-seat side of the TL
  • I should probably mod it some to get a little more power

Otherwise, no complaints.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
10th Gear

Better than the Accord I was going to buy. =)
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Cruisin'

do i regret? Yes and NO.

I used to have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma and that truck was the shyte. I could go over curves and deep water and mud. When i had that truck, i ran over a bunch of shit on the exp that would have certainly hurt me had i been in my tsx. With my truck i had a grill guard and that gave me good protection.

With my tsx, i love that it has a smooth ride and wayyy better gas milage. Its a head turner no doubt. Where i live, the nearest acura dealership is 225 miles away, so there really aren't many tsx's here. >5 im sure of. My tsx always impresses anyone who gets in it because its soo appealing (i keep my car looking clean and new all the time) i basically baby my car. I have a 2006 MT with Navi. I love my car.

The only time i miss my truck is when i cant go 4x4in' or when it rains and there is deep water on the streets.

I plan on buying a New Toyota Tundra as soon as i graduate in May 2008.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I regret buying my tsx when 06 came out
mids
more power
more stuff

also maybe when the tl-s
but
my 2005 is still good =)
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I wanted an IS300 and then ended up with the TSX because my parents didn't want to pay so much for a used car. Everything is nice about the TSX and it is more technologically advanced than the IS300...which is good and bad. Only thing I wish the TSX has is more tuning options because you can turbo the 2jz engine in the IS300 and get 500 hp from it. Also the RWD would have nice too...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I think this is the right car for people that enjoy doing mods, as well as have the cash and the time to do so. I would be curious to look at the cost of the typical set of TSX mods and figure out what that equates to in new car spending. Most people's mod lists look like $2-5k+ worth of their parts and either their time or someone else's. If you spend that up front you could get into something 4cyl, probably with a turbo, AWD if you want it and something that rides comfortably and handles well out of the box. Maybe even with a better sound system too. At least this way you enjoy these things from day 1, rather than slowly over time. And if you're unfortunate enough to have your car totalled, a car with a higher initial purchase price most likely translates to higher payment from the insurance co.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Other than the intermittent rattles here and there, I love my TSX.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Had the car for a little more than a year and two things still bother me everyday:

1. Lots of road noise on highway (not expected from a entry level luxury car)
2. Lack of low end power (not expected from a 'sporty' car)

Of course I still love my car and can't wait for the next generation. Every car has its problems and if I had to go back, I would have probably made the same choice.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Instructor

I dont neccesarilly regret buying this car. I like many features that it has and I cant complain since my parent bought it for me. But I think that this is not the car for me. I think i woud have taken a cheaper, sportier, rwd car and could have been happy. Ive driven many AT's and they all seem to be quicker and more responsive than the tsx. Esp when it comes to terms with low-end power.
The tsx is still an awsome car.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tv4184
I wanted an IS300 and then ended up with the TSX because [ i ] didn't want to pay so much for a used car.
other than the parents paying for it, +1

to tell the truth, it would've been a toss-up between an 02+ is300 or tsx. i always have love for the is300...
Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Banned

It seems odd to me that parents would buy their kids a luxury car. Shouldn't luxury be something you reward yourself with for a job well done? How can you can you have a frame of reference to apreciate luxury if you've never driven an average car?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Instructor

i had drove my dads old rav 4 during the first 1.5-2 years after i got my license. Tsx wasnt my first car.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wackura
It seems odd to me that parents would buy their kids a luxury car. Shouldn't luxury be something you reward yourself with for a job well done? How can you can you have a frame of reference to apreciate luxury if you've never driven an average car?
Here we go with the hating again. My first car was a rav4. Wasnt that bad but a world apart compared to the tsx.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iamandypark
Here we go with the hating again. My first car was a rav4. Wasnt that bad but a world apart compared to the tsx.
I see you get this a lot. Any hate you see in my sentiment is invented by you, maybe as defensive reaction.

If my mom said "son, pick a luxury car for yourself!" then I admit I probably couldn't bring myself to turn down such an offer, that's simple math, but at the same time I might be saddened by the fact that something so defining as the car I drive will not have been a result of self reliance, but yet another instance of my parents shielding me from the big bad world.

I don't know if all your friends are of the same privilege level, but if all my friends where moding old Hondas they bought for $2000 then I'd be tempted to get something cheap that lets me share in the experiance with my peers and bank the balance.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
...been a result of self reliance...
<ramble>

I do admit that purchasing my TSX was one of the bricks in my life that said "Hey, you're 20 years old (bought it a month after my 20th birthday, about the same time I moved out) and make enough money to support the purchase of a nice car, living on your own (no roomates), and still have some money left over to enjoy life a little!

I think other than buying cars, the next step in my life will be when I buy a home (but that may be YEARS to come...stupid Bay Area cost of living).

</ramble>
Old 08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

This isn't realy about age other than it potentialy alienates a person from people their own age, it's about getting something as gift from a parent that a person usualy treats as a reward to themselves for a job well done.

Now if you worked at a fancy law firm and you were responsible for winning an important million dollar settlement then I can understand such a car as a gift, but your parents are people who will praise everything you do regardless of what you do. You'll even see parents sticking up for their serial killer children.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Just wondering, how do you know the kind of people my parents are? Dude im not here to listen to you bitch and moan because im young and have a nice car. Dont try to judge me or my parents on the basis of the kind of car I drive. I dont even know you man. Im here because I like to express my passion about acuras and cars in general, not to square off with other people over the internet.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
AcuraZine

i dont regret getting the TSX, but i do regret getting it in Black. its very difficult to keep it clean. think if i had the chance to change it, it'd be arctic blue or silver.
Other then that the car it great.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iamandypark
Dont try to judge me or my parents on the basis of the kind of car I drive. I dont even know you man. Im here because I like to express my passion about acuras and cars in general, not to square off with other people over the internet.
If you can't judge people by there actions then what can you judge them by? In fact there is no better criteria.

I'm not actualy addressing you specificly, I'm addressing your situation, which is fairly common sadly enough. Anyone is free to respond or not, you just happen to be the one responding. Feel free to opt out. You're probably too close to the situation at hand, and will hopefully see the variables more objectively in the distant future.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pacman821
i dont regret getting the TSX, but i do regret getting it in Black. its very difficult to keep it clean. think if i had the chance to change it, it'd be arctic blue or silver.
I realy wanted artic blue. I might have to get it painted some day.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I am far from being a kid. My first car was a 93' toyota corolla and then after that was a 99' toyota 4runner which I drove til it was 136k miles and numerous modifications that I had done. I'm 23 now and in grad school so my parents saw it fit that I should get a better car for a daily commute than the gas guzzling 4runner. Also I finished 2 years of pharmacy school already so I'm almost out the door.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

It makes a more sense as a post college gift. I wanted a TSX so bad that if someone had been holding that over my head to get through some evil statistics course it would have motivated greatly.

To have it before college on the other hand would seem to have to oposite effect, it would be like I already had the thing which college is supposed to help get acquire. Maybe a person's looking forward to getting a house after college, and that's their big incentive, but personaly I'm far more psyched about a TSX than a place where I sleep and keep my things.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Poser / Fanboi

Shouldn't luxury be something you reward yourself with for a job well done?
I bought my TSX after the hard work needed to obtain an appointment as an Assistant Professor in a medical school. I'm proud of that and it was a big accomplishment for me - so it was definitely a reward to myself.

I'm not actualy addressing you specificly, I'm addressing your situation, which is fairly common sadly enough.
I know where you're coming from, and agree with it to some degree, but would agree with iamandypark in that neither of us really know him or where he's coming from. There are people rich and poor, young and old, with a strong sense of entitlement - that the world should be theirs and everything coming their way (and more) they deserve, even if they have done nothing for it. I find such people repugnant. To his credit, I don't really see such arrogance in his posts - do you?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

I see bad things happen to kids who get too much support from their parents. I have a friend who won't hold a job or learn to deal with people because he never needs the money as his parents will pay his rent if he just asks. He's in his late 20's and still has an awful work ethic and a hard time getting along with people.

I don't think I'd have the strength to turn down a free luxury car, but I recognize how it greatly upsets the natural reward system that keeps us level and interested in personal producitivity. There are reports in the mags about Britney Spears refusing to parent her kids because she so easily and conveniently pay nannies to do the dirty work while she parties and fucks off.

So I can't blame the recipients for receiving, because it's too tempting to take the freebies, and instead I blame the givers, because it's alot easier for them to withhold.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 PM
3rd Gear

Cool car, but not as luxury as a Volvo

Hello there,

I have some regrets about this car. Even if it has a lot of good points, there is better luxury on other cars, not found on Acura TSX (2007). For example: chucks ont trunk and hood, far less comfortable seats than my Volvo (Volvo S70 1999 leather seats, 5 cylinders without turbo). Of course it has a very spotive suspension, which makes TSX much more rough while driving. Sound inside is very strong, so you must pump up the sound. The radio (my worst point) has Bluetooth almost embedded, which refrains me from changing the radio without loosing the option. I want a subsoofer, controlled by the radio. Seems i'm the only one to do that. the radio does not even rad mp3, in 2007... Don't tell me there is an 1/8 jack, 30 mp3 CD's is much more than a 8gb player and I will not buy an ipod.

The motor has splendid performances, but my volvo, even with 168hp instead of 205, had more power at low RPM (5 cyl instead of 4 I suppose).

Much more plastic that vinyl, less room for storage. Maybe I was used to better compared to many forum users here, and that's why I'm in the 12% of people that think a TL-S (I will never drive an automatic car, like thay say in europe, automatic cars are for disabled people!) would have been much more of my type! Better chance in 3-4 years!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fredolaz
Hello there,

I have some regrets about this car. Even if it has a lot of good points, there is better luxury on other cars, not found on Acura TSX (2007). For example: chucks ont trunk and hood, far less comfortable seats than my Volvo (Volvo S70 1999 leather seats, 5 cylinders without turbo). Of course it has a very spotive suspension, which makes TSX much more rough while driving. Sound inside is very strong, so you must pump up the sound. The radio (my worst point) has Bluetooth almost embedded, which refrains me from changing the radio without loosing the option. I want a subsoofer, controlled by the radio. Seems i'm the only one to do that. the radio does not even rad mp3, in 2007... Don't tell me there is an 1/8 jack, 30 mp3 CD's is much more than a 8gb player and I will not buy an ipod.

The motor has splendid performances, but my volvo, even with 168hp instead of 205, had more power at low RPM (5 cyl instead of 4 I suppose).

Much more plastic that vinyl, less room for storage. Maybe I was used to better compared to many forum users here, and that's why I'm in the 12% of people that think a TL-S (I will never drive an automatic car, like thay say in europe, automatic cars are for disabled people!) would have been much more of my type! Better chance in 3-4 years!
I forgot to mention, the best benefit of my Acura will definitly be, it will be more reliable! With 15000$ repair in 5 years, Acura cannot beat the always always always broken Volvo
Old 08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Look at it this way, both the TSX and TL will be completely redesigned for '09, and by that time you might have payed off enough of the TSX to trade it in for either one of the new models or a slightly used 08 TL type S if there are no new ones right there on the lot. You wanted a TSX for some reason, don't forget so quickly.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
If you can't judge people by there actions then what can you judge them by? In fact there is no better criteria.

I'm not actualy addressing you specificly, I'm addressing your situation, which is fairly common sadly enough. Anyone is free to respond or not, you just happen to be the one responding. Feel free to opt out. You're probably too close to the situation at hand, and will hopefully see the variables more objectively in the distant future.

I'm not here to get on to anybody or anything of the sort....but I'm just 'opting out' I guess you could say.

I definitely agree with you to a degree wackura! I have seen quite a few individuals in my schools who have been spoiled beyond recognition. Especially in some of the schools south of me, not so much mine. As you can see, I'm 17. I got 'my' car 4 months before my 17th birthday. You make perfect sense with the reward incentive type effect. I'm thankful though my parents raised me different. I consider myself, and have for quite a while to be able to live comfortably...to not have to share anxiety with parents that have to live paycheck to paycheck. My parents, along with myself definitely have a sense of security. I was taught a while back though not to take advantage of it. I got myself into a little rut last year which pushed me into reality I guess you could say.

But regardless, my parents offering this TSX to me hasn't affected me in the since that I can think "I already got this, so they'll just keep on giving....". Sure, recieving is nice but there was a couple of factors. First the car was paid for a long time ago (in a sense). My parents traded in an SUV that we didn't use anymore and paid for the car all from the SUV. That's not really a good debate point though. I believe that I still have a very good sense of work ethic....I've been working since January 25 hours during the school year, and almost 40 every week this summer. Sure, my parents bought me the car, but they aren't gonna pay for any of this extra stuff that I may want for it.

If anything....me having this car kind of motivates me to try for even bigger and better things. My goal is to get into UT's business program, and in 5 years through a special program they have, get my Bachelors in Business Administration, and my masters in accounting. Taking my CPA test, work as an accountant for a while, then hopefully before I'm 28 or 30, get my MBA. I hope eventually to become a Chief Financial Officer for a Fortune 500. Its a far out goal, but its something that I'm going to strive to do....however long it takes me. But you have to start small. I'm going to be a senior in high school this coming year, and to get into the UT business program, unless you have absolutely amazing SAT scores, most people accepted are in the top 15% (75% are in the top 10%). I'm number 63 out of 364. I am going to work my tail off and pass up every mother I can so I can get in that top 15% maybe top 10% if I'm REALLY lucky.

I know I really went off on a tangent....completely away from TSX business and whatnot, but just voicing my opnion. lol Sorry about the stray from topic.

I definietly agree with you in the sense though, that it definitely can destroy some teenagers/young adults minds and how to really work for things in the world. Good post.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

I'm glad to hear that your ambitions are anambiguous. It can be tempting to say "this is good enough." If you see yourself in a better place then it will motivate you stay on course.

I just had an epiphany. Maybe if the parents buy's their son or daughter an entry level luxury vehicle it will instill a fear into them, that if they slip they might end up with an not-fun, rental variety car. Plastic dash, polyester seats. Mmmm. The threat of sliping down the class ladder can be a scary prospect in itself. Plus, if the kids try harder they can get an even fancier car, like a TL-S, or an M5. By the way, don't get caught up in that class game with the McMansions in the rich neighborhoods. Millionaires shouldn't be depressed for Chrissakes.

I'm not a parent but I think when the time comes I won't follow that path. I handed off my Integra to my younger brother, and it's nowhere near as nice as a TSX but it has a sun roof, power windows and IT'S AN INTEGRA, yet he's too young to care. I wish I'd had a lesser car to hand down so I could give him the Integra a couple years from now and he would be saying "WOW, this is muuuuch better and the '87 Plymouth Sundance!" I want my kids to enjoy moving up, not fearing that they will fall down.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Just for clearing up, lol, before when I said
Originally Posted by surf4fun0418
I consider myself, and have for quite a while to be able to live comfortably...
I meant to say "I consider myself blessed, and have for quite....." I often reread my own post too late, and that one...idk. I feared it kind of sounded stuck up when I was trying to make a point otherwise. :/

As for my what I was going to say...I think that's kind of a cool idea. hehe 'You f* up, you get a lame car.' But like you said, it's different in every case, and some in situations like these would do better getting a pinto or nova, while others may do better with 'positive' encouragement, if that makes sense.

And I as well (not now...a while back) had an epiphany! I always used to think the same thing as far as, millionares should not be depressed and such. Now I kind of think the other way for one reason. Millionares are usually ones who in lay-mens terms, have a lot of 'stuff'. Whether it be cars, gadets, houses, reputations, business(es), jobs, etc etc so and and so forth. Well, they have to worry about all of it, and when things with their 'stuff' don't go how they want, they get all angry and disgusted...and the more 'stuff' they have, the more likely, or rather, the sooner their 'stuff' will fail/mess up/break down/glitch. On the other hand, people with not a whole lot, can live comfortably (as well as rich, but you get my point) but don't have to worry about as much. I saw this first hand when I lived with a Ukrainian family for 2 weeks on a mission trip. Again, its case by base basis, but that's just kind of another theory.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pacman821
i also don't regret getting a tsx, i only regret the color and option. i have black non-navi, and would have rather gotten a grey w/ navi
Old 08-26-2007, 05:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by surf4fun0418
Millionares are usually ones who in lay-mens terms, have a lot of 'stuff'. Whether it be cars, gadets, houses, reputations, business(es), jobs, etc etc so and and so forth. Well, they have to worry about all of it, and when things with their 'stuff' don't go how they want, they get all angry and disgusted...and the more 'stuff' they have, the more likely, or rather, the sooner their 'stuff' will fail/mess up/break down/glitch. On the other hand, people with not a whole lot, can live comfortably (as well as rich, but you get my point) but don't have to worry about as much.
So true, and very insightful, but on a side note, you probably shouldn't say that "have-nots live comfortably" in a crowded room. You will be misinterpreted.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

i love mine !!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

me too!!!
Old 03-21-2021, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't regret it, I think it's pretty good
Old 08-07-2022, 10:15 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was one of the very first buyers of the TSX when it came out (my 2004 was purchased April 28, 2003). So after over 19 years of use I know I made a good choice of car. It has been very reliable.
Old 08-17-2022, 02:08 PM
Cruisin'

I bought my 2007 PWP 6MT over 8 years ago. No regrets at all. It's been pretty reliable except for the inner driveshafts issue (I do accelerate hard on occasion) but otherwise mostly basic maintenance. Brakes last a long time and the other issue I had to deal with was a slow cranking starter.
On the highway, the roll-on torque in top gear is great and I never need to downshift to pass or pick up speed.

Quick Reply: Anyone regret buying their TSX?