Anybody get a PWP w/ Ebony and Nav in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006 | 02:59 PM
10th Gear

Anybody get a PWP w/ Ebony and Nav in CA?

Has anybody succefully located and/or bought an 06 PWP w/ Ebony interior and Nav (auto or MT) in Cali? Seems like no dealer in SoCal can find one. Some dealers don't even know that combo exists for 06. I have time on my hands, but in the 2 months I've been searching inventory, nobody has this car. However, they got plenty of PWP w/ Parchment in every configuration though.

I read older posts of members who got this combo in the US (one in Chicago and TX I believe). So at least I know they exist.

Suggestions?
Old 03-03-2006 | 01:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by A4B4TSX
Has anybody succefully located and/or bought an 06 PWP w/ Ebony interior and Nav (auto or MT) in Cali? Seems like no dealer in SoCal can find one. Some dealers don't even know that combo exists for 06. I have time on my hands, but in the 2 months I've been searching inventory, nobody has this car. However, they got plenty of PWP w/ Parchment in every configuration though.

I read older posts of members who got this combo in the US (one in Chicago and TX I believe). So at least I know they exist.

Suggestions?
It took me about a little over two months to get mine... and it was a special order. Love my PWP w/ Ebony/Navi/MT ... I live in the bay area. I put a credit card deposit that the dealer never charged mid-December and got it about two weeks ago (at last!)... the combo exists, but my salesperson came back to me many times and told me that they are on short supply even in terms of expected production. Good luck - patience and get the combo you really want!
Old 03-03-2006 | 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

I have an 04 PWP with the beige interior, and damn I wish I could have had the option of going with the ebony leather instead. My two girls dirty up the car every single time they step into it. I'm constantly behind them cleaning up, most of all I hate when they put their feet up on the back of my seats . It drives me nutz. So you guys have got it made w/ that option. Like I said before I wish I could have had it.
Old 03-03-2006 | 09:26 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by weezer80
It took me about a little over two months to get mine... and it was a special order. Love my PWP w/ Ebony/Navi/MT ... I live in the bay area. I put a credit card deposit that the dealer never charged mid-December and got it about two weeks ago (at last!)... the combo exists, but my salesperson came back to me many times and told me that they are on short supply even in terms of expected production. Good luck - patience and get the combo you really want!
This combo must be the rarest in the US. It seems I can find just about any other combo. Glad you got yours. I've been putting off buying the TSX until this combo became available here. Looks like the only way to get one is to actually put an order or get lucky that one shows up at a dealer. Either way can take months.

Its so lovely that dealers cannot confirm what they are getting. I'd like to tell my clients that at work

The hunt continues.
Old 03-03-2006 | 02:01 PM
3rd Gear

This combo must be the rarest in the US. It seems I can find just about any other combo. Glad you got yours. I've been putting off buying the TSX until this combo became available here. Looks like the only way to get one is to actually put an order or get lucky that one shows up at a dealer. Either way can take months.

Its so lovely that dealers cannot confirm what they are getting. I'd like to tell my clients that at work

The hunt continues.
I was just scanning the TSX listings on craigslist and it looks like Marin Acura has a PWP/Ebony 6MT w/nav. Not sure if you're looking to come up to the Bay Area, but here's the link:

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/138203654.html

Not sure if that's the car Weezer80 is getting though...?
Old 03-03-2006 | 05:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by SimpleWhite
I have an 04 PWP with the beige interior, and damn I wish I could have had the option of going with the ebony leather instead. My two girls dirty up the car every single time they step into it. I'm constantly behind them cleaning up, most of all I hate when they put their feet up on the back of my seats . It drives me nutz. So you guys have got it made w/ that option. Like I said before I wish I could have had it.
Well... if you were really desperate... and had the $$... you could change out the mats, carpeting, and the seat covers. I dont imagine it'd cost THAT much money. Maybe a couple of grand total to do.
Old 03-04-2006 | 11:08 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by rim3hc
I was just scanning the TSX listings on craigslist and it looks like Marin Acura has a PWP/Ebony 6MT w/nav. Not sure if you're looking to come up to the Bay Area, but here's the link:

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/car/138203654.html

Not sure if that's the car Weezer80 is getting though...?
Go get it now!! I ordered one but it got delayed... but then I got lucky and Marin Acura was able to switch one from San Diego. So now Marin Acura got two of the rarest combo!

So I already got mine, but this is the one I actually ordered (sorta with my name on it)!!
Old 03-04-2006 | 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Well... if you were really desperate... and had the $$... you could change out the mats, carpeting, and the seat covers. I dont imagine it'd cost THAT much money. Maybe a couple of grand total to do.
I've thought of that, but when I come to think of it, I would rather throw my money into something else like say a SC
Old 03-04-2006 | 09:32 PM
Racer

I just came back from Niello Acura up north in Sacramento, CA and I seem to recall them having a PWP, with Navi and Ebony interior...

Ah hah...here it is.. http://acura.niello.com/detailed_des...n.php?id=88353
Old 03-04-2006 | 11:15 PM
Advanced

yeah, i picked up a pwp/ebony/navi/5at in the bay area a month ago...
Old 03-05-2006 | 12:03 AM
10th Gear

I live in northern NJ. I ordered my PWP/Ebony/Navi/5AT sometime back in January. I got my car on February 25. It took my dealer about one month to get me the car. Yes, the color combo does exist, but they told me that it is real rare. It's even more rare if you want the car in manual. When I checked the records for the car, they actually located the car all the way on the west coast and had the car shipped here.
It's a real pain waiting, but in the end it's worth it. The color combo I think is the best looking of any TSX now.
Old 03-05-2006 | 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcc3
I live in northern NJ. I ordered my PWP/Ebony/Navi/5AT sometime back in January. I got my car on February 25. It took my dealer about one month to get me the car. Yes, the color combo does exist, but they told me that it is real rare. It's even more rare if you want the car in manual. When I checked the records for the car, they actually located the car all the way on the west coast and had the car shipped here.
It's a real pain waiting, but in the end it's worth it. The color combo I think is the best looking of any TSX now.
Thats very true, when I bought my 04 in may of that month, I ordered it in manual. They only found one within a 5 state search. And when they called the dealer someone had just put a down payment on it. In order for me to get the PWP in manual they told me I would have to wait about 4-6 months till more shipments from Japan would arrive, and that wouldn't be promised either. So I had to settle with the auto. Sucks cause now I regret it a bit, but at other times when I'm out with my children and wife in her I find it much more convient to have gone with the auto (and now my wife can drive it also).
Old 03-19-2006 | 09:50 PM
I can't find my garage

what is pwp?
Old 03-19-2006 | 10:04 PM
DC Metro Local Crew

The hunt continues.
i think i could challenge the rarest. i orginially was going to go with the glacier blue metallic w/ebony. theres was one in the whole united states but it was taking forever to get it to me, i watied about 4 weeks and decided to go with black w/ebony since i very much needed a new car.