Angry

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I just had my '07 TSX in for service this past friday. It was due for the a12 package. I wanted them to replace my wiper blades (coupon) and replace one of my curbed rims with a new one I purchased back in December. So I pick the car up late Friday night after hours and drove home. While on my way home it started to rain and I noticed the wiper blades had not been replaced. So I dealt with the squeal and skip all the way home. Today the car was sitting in the driveway and I noticed my brand new rim had been damaged! I am livid. It looks like when they put the one of the bolts back on the rim someone slipped and either the bolt or the gun hit the rim and cracked off the clear coat and paint. I have a feeling they are gonna say it was like that before. The rim was still in the original box and was brand new. Why would I replace a messed up rim with another messed up rim. Do I have a legit gripe here? I told them I wanted the old rim put back in the box in my trunk and it wasn't there either.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Stealership. Bring up these multiple issues with the service manager. At least give the dealership 1 chance to fix it. If no resolution, bring it up with Acura Client Services.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Well, I just realized that every rim has been damaged the same way. I guess monday morning they will be getting a call.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Find out the name of the person(s) who supposedly serviced your car. If the ordeal has to progress to Acura Client Services, you'll have names.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Yep, I'd be pissed.

In the past year, my dealership has put a minor scratch on my front bumper, and a slightly noticeable dent on the front 3/4 panel. They need to be more careful when dealing with all the cars they deal with a daily basis.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Wow, that's not acceptable. Not even a little. First off, I'd check the invoice to see if they said that they replaced the wipers. If its not on there, give them another chance to replace them. If it is, it needs to be brought to the service manager's attention that they said the work was done, and it really wasn't.

As for the rims, they need to either repaint and refinish or replace all of them. And they need to find out where your old rim went. Pronto. If they put in the scrap bin, it might be gone by now, but they're still responsible for getting it back to you. Again, check the invoice to make sure its noted on there. If it isn't, that's the service order writer's mistake, and he/she needs to be brought into it.

You might also want to see if the dealership is part of any automotive groups. We have the CFADA (Central Florida Auto Dealer's Association) here. When I bought my Mazda, they used got me with some very shady lending practices, and sent my trade in to auction before the financing was finalized. My Dad is a member of the CFADA and took the matter to the board and dealership's membership was revoked. They were VERY quick to make it right after that.

To be fair though, the dealership should be given a chance to make things right before you proceed any further. But when you give them that chance, be sure to get the names of everybody who touched it the last time you took it, and get the names of everybody who's touching it this time. That's important info.

On a side note, the people at Valvoline messed up on my roommates old Neon. They replaced the oil pan drain bolt with the wrong one causing a severe leak. She got it changed, drove home (less than a mile) and parked it. Went out to go to work the next day and the oil light came on. I checked it and the dipstick was dry. She got a ride to work and we went to Valvoline the next day. They towed the car back, forced a larger drain plug bolt into it and had the pan replaced at the Dodge dealership at their expense. The manager himself came to the house and cleaned the driveway. Class act all the way. Moral of the story is people sometimes make mistakes and a good company will do their best to make it right if you give them the chance.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by litesout

On a side note, the people at Valvoline messed up on my roommates old Neon. They replaced the oil pan drain bolt with the wrong one causing a severe leak. She got it changed, drove home (less than a mile) and parked it. Went out to go to work the next day and the oil light came on. I checked it and the dipstick was dry. She got a ride to work and we went to Valvoline the next day. They towed the car back, forced a larger drain plug bolt into it and had the pan replaced at the Dodge dealership at their expense. The manager himself came to the house and cleaned the driveway. Class act all the way. Moral of the story is people sometimes make mistakes and a good company will do their best to make it right if you give them the chance.
Well you're roommate was fortunate. When I had the Integra I had the timing belt and drive belts done by Metro Acura in Philadelphia. A little over a year later I noticed the belts was falling apart. I know they didn't change it as even an aftermarket belt wouldn't have been like this. I took it in and their mechanic said it wasn't even OEM! Then the manager gave me some BS that they will use an aftermarket item if the OEM is not available, even though the invoice had the Acura part number. I called their general manager, nothing. I called Acura services and they did nothing too. I should have just sued them. I bet then they would have repaired it...would have been cheaper than getting a lawyer to show up in small claims.

I would advise the OP to be calm and if you get nowhere with the service manager, go right over to the GM and talk to him face to face.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
5th Gear

i'd for sure be pissed too. im headed to the dealer tomorrow to get my front window seals replaced because they make that squeaking noise. I truly hope i dont have a bad experience like yours.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 AM
User with Skills

When you go and approach them, try not to act too angry just yet, otherwise you may have a harder time trying to get the information you want. Nobody want's to be called a rat. Keep it calm, take notes, give them a chance and if all else fails, slam it back in their face.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Instructor

Ok, took it to the dealer and they have scheduled someone to come out and "repaint" the damaged rims. What exactly are they doing? Is this a fix that will come undone a few years down the road?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Depends on the actual damage to the paint and clear coat. If it's a minor scrape on the rim and is completely superficial then repainting it will probably be fine. But this painting also depends on the workmanship involved. Since they're attempting to fix it then I would ask for something in writing that guarantees the life of the rim or whatever so that way incase it peels or anything they have to fix or replace it.