All season floor mats...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All season floor mats...

Hi all, Im new to this forum...as you can prob tell. Call me dumb but i just find the concept of floor mats interesting, and perhaps stupid...

I dont understand the conspiracy behind all season floor mats...From what I understand the main purpose of the mats is to protect the carpet, however why do you care about protecting the carpet if you are never going to see it (this is assuming you leave the mats on all the time)...

Well, what do you think?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:50 AM
Pro

if you didnt have the floor mats, then you would see the carpets, but they would get trashed from the dirt, water from rain, snow, and get stained from whatever else your shoes can pick up......why would you want your carpet looking like that???same reason not to wear shoes in the house....here in hawaii....its considered rude to enter someones house with your shoes on.....same reason, you wouldnt want someone tracking dirt, rocks, whatever else on your home carpet would you????i wouldnt
Old 07-24-2006, 05:59 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

the floor mats are awesome... you can take them out and wash them.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Protects the carpet that's installed in the car. The regular floor mats are kinda cheap and wear quickly. I'd want my carpets looking nice when I trade or sell the car.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bignips
...I dont understand the conspiracy behind all season floor mats...From what I understand the main purpose of the mats is to protect the carpet, however why do you care about protecting the carpet if you are never going to see it (this is assuming you leave the mats on all the time)...

Why do YOU bother go buy & wear your pants when you won't see your penis ?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Instructor

All season mats look good in some SUVs...The TSX would look good in some custom embroidered mats but the all season mat don't look good to me.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 AM
no0bIe

Originally Posted by fuckleberry

^^^LMFAO...
Old 07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joeys'TSX
All season mats look good in some SUVs...The TSX would look good in some custom embroidered mats but the all season mat don't look good to me.
What color interior do you have? I think the black A/S mats look better in the black interior than the off-black carpeted mats.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
They look great with the Quartz interior........IMO
Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
Protects the carpet that's installed in the car. The regular floor mats are kinda cheap and wear quickly. I'd want my carpets looking nice when I trade or sell the car.
I was embarassed by the condition of my carpeted floor mats and carpet in general in my Impreza when I traded it in. The all season mats were the first things that I purchased for my TSX.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by fuckleberry

lmao, thanks for the input...

I understand what you are all saying, I was just thinking the black floor mats are kinda ugly with a parchment interior.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bignips
lmao, thanks for the input...

I understand what you are all saying, I was just thinking the black floor mats are kinda ugly with a parchment interior.
then get the brown ones...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 PM
無限 本田 CL9

my caramel all season mats look great with my parchment interior
Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jpt
then get the brown ones...

didnt no they came in brown
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 PM
無限 本田 CL9

he meant caramel im sure
its the matching one for the parchment interior

http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx04select/mats.html
Old 07-25-2006, 12:29 AM

thats cool, either way...never seen them in that color until now.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:05 AM
Burning Brakes

makes the car look neat
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
TSX4EVR

And when you get the all season mats don't forget to get the truck cargo tray. It's a must. I give it

Excited
Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Pro

I'll be picking up a set of all weather mats for winter use - but to protect the car, not the floor mats. (The floor mats are removeable, and washable, already. The rubber mats will go in place of the carpeted mats, vs on top of them. To the pants/penis analogy - do you wear two pair of undies so that the one between your inner undies and your outer pants stay clean?) When the yucky season's over, the winter mats will come out and the carpeted mats will go back in. I don't particularly like the look and feel of the rubber mats, it's a lux car after all, not a Jeep Wrangler or Element. The carpeted mats should hold up fairly well under normal usage (minus the winter). I'd rather just replace the original carpeted mats every once in a while with spanking new OEM ones.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
I'll be picking up a set of all weather mats for winter use - but to protect the car, not the floor mats. (The floor mats are removeable, and washable, already. The rubber mats will go in place of the carpeted mats, vs on top of them. To the pants/penis analogy - do you wear two pair of undies so that the one between your inner undies and your outer pants stay clean?) When the yucky season's over, the winter mats will come out and the carpeted mats will go back in. I don't particularly like the look and feel of the rubber mats, it's a lux car after all, not a Jeep Wrangler or Element. The carpeted mats should hold up fairly well under normal usage (minus the winter). I'd rather just replace the original carpeted mats every once in a while with spanking new OEM ones.
I agree 100%.. only thing is where can you pick up a set of the OEM carpeted matts (besides the dealership).
Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Instructor

The reason I got rubber mats (non OEM) was because I don't want to grind a hole in the carpet from using the clutch. Aesthetics aren't a big concern for me.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the mats at first (from seeing them on pictures). After a week or two of owning my car, I took out the oem floor mats and slapped them. Tons of dust/dirt came out. Enough of it came out in such a short time that I decided to get the all season floor mats. When I first got them, they were extremely heavy, so I was hesitant to put it on (I'm into modding cars, and I didn't want my car to be heavier if I could help it).

I've gotten used to them now. I don't mind at all, and it fits the ebony interior well. (After I last used leather conditioner, my seats are now as black as the floor mats).

And to answer the OP's question, it's better to mess up something that isn't permanent (ie: in case you want to trade/sell your car). Or, if there's someone special you want to impress (boss, friends, date), you can always swap the floor mats...
Old 07-26-2006, 02:33 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
There is a lot of sand/dust/dirt in New Mexico. It just grinds the hell out of your carpet if you don't clean the floor on a regular basis. All season floor mats take 10 seconds to vacuum and another 5 seconds to wipe clean. I keep the carpet floor mats in the car under the trunk tray for special occasions. Plus, I like the way they look with the quartz interior and black mats. Gotta keep the new whip clean for the WOW factor.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
It's all about maintaining the condition of the car for resale value. The regular floormats get chewed up and dirty from rain, dirt, snow, etc. The all season mats are easy to take out and spray down. I have them on my TSX and would never go without them.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Nobody puts all weather mats on top of the carpted mats. You can't, anyway (at least for the front left and right rear ones) because of the clips.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Burning Brakes

I don't particularly like the look and feel of the rubber mats, it's a lux car after all, not a Jeep Wrangler or Element. The carpeted mats should hold up fairly well under normal usage (minus the winter). I'd rather just replace the original carpeted mats every once in a while with spanking new OEM ones.

i think rubber mats make the car interior feel like a jeep wrangler. Therefore,
I just switch out my floor mats with the ones in a loaner. This is possible since both my roommate and i own a tsx, when he gets a loaner i just switch out my mats with the loaners new mats.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:32 PM

I'll be picking up a set of all weather mats for winter use
this is most likely what i will end up doing...the salt and snow from the winter season will really $#%@ up the light carpets, but i dont see there being any prob in the summer...
Old 07-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by studville
I agree 100%.. only thing is where can you pick up a set of the OEM carpeted matts (besides the dealership).

These guys should give me royalties for this...

http://www.hondafloormats.com/