All Miami Acura Owners Dealership Alert *rant*

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry All Miami Acura Owners Dealership Alert *rant*

[/begin rant]So my car has been gone for a month and a half almost 3 now....anyone care to guess why..you know what ill just tell you there was an accident and the repair work needed to be done...I was ify about giving it to Esserman Acura because I know they just contract the work out but the body shop I was going to take it to couldnt take it until the 23rd of January so I gave it to the dealer on the 3rd of January (keep in mind they still have my car)

so they send it to the body shop 2 days later (ridiculous) so the work begins (or so I thought) and I keep tabs on it and check in with Esserman and they keep telling me the body shop has no scheduled date for it every couple days it was the same story...no scheduled completion date...so about the 3rd week i decided to go directly to the body shop and to my amazement the car had been torn down and was waiting to be worked on BUT parts had not come in and they get there parts through Esserman and they tell me that Esserman refuses to overnight parts and only orders parts once a week that fact slows them down with every car they do for Esserman

so time passes and I keep checking with the body shop and the parts came in the next week and the car was done on their end in 2 weeks like I expected to be originally...now the car is back at Esserman and normally I would go to the body shop because no one called me to tell me the car was back at Esserman so I passed by and asked about it and they said they have it but "something is wrong with the airbag sensor"..now I'm thinking WTF and I talk to the service advisor but this guy was a complete idiot and he had no clue what was going on so I went back after class and spoke to the supervisor...well this "gentleman" if you can even call him that...I've seen him repeatedly speak down to the service advisors under him and when I came to him about the car he started to get that way with me also...instead of giving answers and telling me he is going to get this work done he kept bringing it back to insurance and that was what they were waiting on and insurance kept slowing them down and that they were backed up and everytime I shut them down...they were backed up-I was there first...insurance has to ok the work-it takes 5min to call and get the insurance to approve the work and they will write the check within the day...I also asked why it took 3 weeks to get the parts in originally and he said they can't overnight fenders and those stuff-bullshit...yet the car was not on a lift and no one called me about this airbag sensor "problem" they found this morning and the car was there since last night...so now an entire day is gone where they could have confirmed what was wrong with the car and made sure that was what needed to be fixed...I suspect if I did not go there my car would still be sitting unattended and I would be none the wiser...as we all know insurance is not very hard they will send someone out to sign of the check quick (within the day quick)

now what I know is Esserman has been repeatedly quick with giving excuses why the car can't be done on-time...from my busted a/c unit to the parts on the car and now why they wasted an entire day telling me because they had people who's cars where there ahead of mine and I told them my car was in there responsibility from Jan. 3 so there is no one ahead of me and that the car better be on the lift as soon as one is available and you better believe I will be there tomorrow morning at 9am to make sure my car is on that lift being attended to...all in all this is ridiculous that repairs will take this long...if this car is not done by Friday you better believe that all hell is going to break loose in that dealership and I may be going to jail... [/end rant]

Esserman Acura in Miami, Fl is ridiculous with customer service and getting work done in a timely fashion...they refuse to overnight parts and are always quick to give excuses on why you can't be tended to at the moment...the service advisors for the most part are nice and helpful but clueless and their supervisor is a serious asshole which is the general consensus with soFla customer service...even with warranty work they took 2 weeks to get done...I suspect purposely take their sweet time to do the work...
Esserman Acura (a part of International Auto Mall) there are two other Acura dealerships in the county go to either one
Old 02-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

try this
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...n/13801055.htm
Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
cliff notes?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
cliff notes?
dont buy a car in FL
Old 02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Instructor

i live in coral gables and i make it a point to get my car serviced in gainesville (where my parents live). car dealerships are horrible when it comes to service down here.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Instructor

cliff notes: Esserman Acura did just about everything in their power to give an excuse as to why my car was not being worked on and why it took so long...from the body shop to the insurance company while I was in constant contact with all three so I knew all sides and know it comes down to them just being asses
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by huckleberry
Wow... that dude really flipped.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Banned

calm down muchacho
tell us:
!) You had an accident ? whose fault ? How bad was the damage to the TSX ?
2) WHY did you let the dealer "take care of it" for you ?
3) "Overnight" from dealer to body shop ??? where is the shop, Cuba ?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Instructor

huckleberry
1st I'm not a muchacho
1) accident yes, no one at fault, driver side fender, door and steering linkage "exploded" because I had my wheel turned to lock when we hit
2)as I said in the original post I gave it to the dealer to take to their contracted body shop because the one I would have taken it too was backed up and I would have to wait a month before they could take my car and the dealer would take it right away
3)overnight the parts because this specific dealer refuses to keep any parts is stock and the body shop gets the parts through Esserman since they are contracted they just do the work and Esserman gets the parts....as soon as all the parts were in the car was done in under 2 weeks while the entire process is taking almost 2 months because of the stubbornness of the dealer
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

glott
you got it right if I had a reason to go north every so often I would get serviced outside of Miami and it doesnt make sense to drive 3hrs up and back just to get serviced
Old 02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by huckleberry
nut case...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by r33p04s
2)as I said in the original post I gave it to the dealer to take to their contracted body shop because the one I would have taken it too was backed up and I would have to wait a month before they could take my car and the dealer would take it right away
1) Good body shops are almost ALWAYS backed up.
So how many shops did you check out ? (my guess - that one only)
My example: 4 weeks ago I had a fenderbender, 2 local shops that specialize in Acura/Honda has a 2 week wait list.
I asked around (estimate is free ) One shop that specializes in BMW (recommended by BMW dealer) could fit me in.
Turns out they have great reputation and the best equipment around here. (I over all those M3/M5/pimped Minis they got there...) and the did a great job and treated me like I own a M5 - thou my TSX was probably the cheapest car they worked on that week.

>>and the dealer would take it right away
2) :sigh: that was your mistake and got you