#9033 already?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003 | 08:42 PM
Advanced

I don't see any reason why Acura would stop at 15k to the US for any reason. If they have been able to produce 9000 to date, that is a good indication that they have the capacity to make many more TSX's than 15k this year. Furthermore, from a business sense, Acura (or Honda really) should continue to produce what is moving off the lot quickly, especially with the current state of the economy. So many auto companies have too much production capacity and have to sell cars at a loss. One of the Japan's biggest contributions to the manufacturing world was 'lean production' with allows them to shift their output to whats selling quicker and easier than anyone - I am pretty sure most companies use it to some degree now, but there is no way they can't make all the TSX's they want.

Maybe they told us 15k only to get a buzz going and to get many, many people to pre-order them.

The big question is how many do they have to make before I see just one other than mine on the road!!
Old 07-18-2003 | 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Mine came in today #9768. As far as sales projections go...that's what they are...projections. Does not mean Acura isn't gonna make more than that. I doubt they make more than 20,000 though. This is common practice in Honda's motorcycle division, they come out with something cool but limited, sell them faster than they can make them, make you wait forever, then make you wait a little longer, then and only then, bring out the new year model. Let's face it kids, not a bad marketing strategy IMO.