2008 Acura TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Acura TSX

Hey guys I’m looking to get a 2008 TSX now I’ve been looking around and someone’s selling theirs for 14K car has 94000km is a 6 speed and has the whole power seats windows locks and sunroof including aux and Bluetooth car is great condition and was always maintained at the dealer but is it really worth paying 14K for it?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Welcome to AZ! I have moved your thread to the 1G TSX forum so you can receive more detailed and relevant answers. For the record, that was the last year of the 1G TSX and those cars tend to be solid. Others can comment better than I can on the pricing.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,185 Posts
The 6MT TSX is the model most folks wish they had and regret not purchasing when they had the chance. I have an 06 TSX 5AT w/ navi since new with +140,000 miles on her now. I handed down the TSX to my son back in 2014 on his 16th B-day in high school and he still loves driving it in his 2nd year of college. Extremely reliable vehicle with good mpgs, very good power with 6MT, and sporty handling. Common issues a few long term owners had you might need to double-check on:
- leaky power steering pump (I had this)
- leaky power steering rack
- bluetooth module not working, disconnected, or causing a power drain
- CD-ROM reader in trunk no working (if it has navi)
- worn suspension parts like control arms, needing a camber kit, shock/strut replacement (I replaced my front passenger upper control arm and added a rear camber kit)
- seat heaters
- alternator (i had this)
- HID light and/or ballast going out or dead
- cracked fog lights or inop
- corroded battery cable

Hopefully, the TSX wasn't in an accident and has a clean title. There are a lot of suspension, brakes, engine, alarm systems, remote starts, 6MT mods, and I/H/E aftermarket support for the 1st Gen TSX. I would double-check to make sure someone just didn't mod out the TSX, jacked it up, and selling the TSX get rid of it. Because it is very unusual for someone to give up a 6MT TSX unless repairs cost more than keeping it.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
The 6MT TSX is the model most folks wish they had and regret not purchasing when they had the chance. I have an 06 TSX 5AT w/ navi since new with +140,000 miles on her now. I handed down the TSX to my son back in 2014 on his 16th B-day in high school and he still loves driving it in his 2nd year of college. Extremely reliable vehicle with good mpgs, very good power with 6MT, and sporty handling. Common issues a few long term owners had you might need to double-check on:
- leaky power steering pump (I had this)
- leaky power steering rack
- bluetooth module not working, disconnected, or causing a power drain
- CD-ROM reader in trunk no working (if it has navi)
- worn suspension parts like control arms, needing a camber kit, shock/strut replacement (I replaced my front passenger upper control arm and added a rear camber kit)
- seat heaters
- alternator (i had this)
- HID light and/or ballast going out or dead
- cracked fog lights or inop
- corroded battery cable

Hopefully, the TSX wasn't in an accident and has a clean title. There are a lot of suspension, brakes, engine, alarm systems, remote starts, 6MT mods, and I/H/E aftermarket support for the 1st Gen TSX. I would double-check to make sure someone just didn't mod out the TSX, jacked it up, and selling the TSX get rid of it. Because it is very unusual for someone to give up a 6MT TSX unless repairs cost more than keeping it.
The car is under a clean titile from what I know the car is bone stock and in amazing condition only reason he wants to sell is to upgrade to something more luxury as he said a bmw or Infiniti
Old 01-10-2018, 10:24 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Zman_231
The car is under a clean titile from what I know the car is bone stock and in amazing condition only reason he wants to sell is to upgrade to something more luxury as he said a bmw or Infiniti
You are very lucky to find a 6MT TSX in that kind of condition. I'll bet there isn't another 6MT TSX near the same condition anywhere within a day or two of driving. You could pretty much can purchase this car and put 3X the mileage on it with just routine fluid changes, tires, filters, and minor wear/tear repairs. The 06-08 TSX might just be the most reliable vehicles in Acura's line-up they made in recent years. Including the 04 TSX (not so much the 05 TSX) will bring the reliability average down for the entire model run compared to the +06 models alone. I would jump on this TSX unless you are looking for something with more power (the only downside compared to something like a 3.2L or 3.5L TL for about the same $$$).
Old 01-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,184 Likes on 891 Posts
That's $11.xK USD and ~59K miles, for those of us that use freedom units.

Idk. Yeah, its probably worth it. They're solid cars in every way. After 167K, my 06 6MT (Nav) hasn't given me any serious issues.