a 2006 acura tsx commercial

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a 2006 acura tsx commercial

i just saw a new acura tsx commercial. its got a black tsx going around with well what i'd call rather crappy house trancey music.

there are scenes of well 20 somethings type people doing urban city type things, watching a movie, drinking coffee at a starbucks type place, hanging with friends, running at the gym, and the tsx driving through a large city. driving around in the tsx with like 4-5 people in it.

then it says something that was like, youre lifestyle your blah blah .

i guess this makes sense why they sort of softened up the look of the car, with the less sporty rims and the softer front air dam and the curvier sills. its a "life style" car.

there was no sporty driving at all in the commercial, it was like... yes buy a tsx and drive around stylishly. its sort of sad, like turning the tsx into a poor man's es330 or something. i do have to say that the tsx looks nice in black, ugly rims or not, black is nice.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Spy
Advanced

I saw the same commercial on Sunday during football games.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hans007
i just saw a new acura tsx commercial. its got a black tsx going around with well what i'd call rather crappy house trancey music.

there are scenes of well 20 somethings type people doing urban city type things, watching a movie, drinking coffee at a starbucks type place, hanging with friends, running at the gym, and the tsx driving through a large city. driving around in the tsx with like 4-5 people in it.

then it says something that was like, youre lifestyle your blah blah .

i guess this makes sense why they sort of softened up the look of the car, with the less sporty rims and the softer front air dam and the curvier sills. its a "life style" car.

there was no sporty driving at all in the commercial, it was like... yes buy a tsx and drive around stylishly. its sort of sad, like turning the tsx into a poor man's es330 or something. i do have to say that the tsx looks nice in black, ugly rims or not, black is nice.

yeah, commercial was kinda lame...

but you think the tsx is LESS sporty than before??
rims aside, the lower body changes are MUCH more sporty IMHO...

'sides, the old rims were sporty like a passat wagon (not sporty at all...)
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by z-tec

x3
Old 11-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
x (-1)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Race Director

Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by z-tec

i guess i am not a big fan of extra large sills and "aero kits" it makes the car look like a bunch of crap was tacked onto it and less sleek for me.

the rims are also a lot less sporty and the new grill looks less agressive in my opinion because it looks smaller since the top part of it isn't part of the hood anymore.

i dont know, i'm a fan of simplicity, cladding and flared out side sills and flared out bumpers just looks ricier. ricier!=sporty.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hans007
i guess i am not a big fan of extra large sills and "aero kits" it makes the car look like a bunch of crap was tacked onto it and less sleek for me.

the rims are also a lot less sporty and the new grill looks less agressive in my opinion because it looks smaller since the top part of it isn't part of the hood anymore.

i dont know, i'm a fan of simplicity, cladding and flared out side sills and flared out bumpers just looks ricier. ricier!=sporty.

i see where you're coming from, but unlike pontiac "applique", i think the tsx flares look a lot more integrated since they are seamless w/ the bumper, rather than tacked on like the crappy carolla "type s"

ground effects should be part of the car, or no ground effects IMO

i like a smaller grill also, but at least the proportions look a little wider now, which is appealing to me...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The only part I think they really blew it on was the wheels. They're not hideous or anything, but definitely less sporty and aggressive compared to the old square-spokers. Too "chick" looking for my taste.

I was hoping for full LED blinkers and tail lamps. That probably would have sold me on waiting for the 06 even with the wheels. I like the techno-geek upgrades they did add however.