2006-2008 wiper blade replacement (DIY, part #s, and *PICS*)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by davidspalding

While you're at it, ask for 76620-SEA-G11 (2006 left wiper assembly) and 76630-SEC-A11 (2006 right wiper assembly) and see if they fit your 2004 wiper arms. If they do ... for ~$46 ($35 online) you could have the newer, arguably better wipers.
Originally Posted by vthree
i think these parts went up in price.. when i check now i see: 76620-SEA-G11 BLADE, WINDSHIELD WIPER (650MM) (DRIVER SIDE) 21.04

and the other is 16 something..
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but in my previous post I'm talking about entire wiper assemblies, not wiper inserts (blades). I know, the numbers and nomenclature are confusing.

If I was going to go out and buy all new assemblies, I'd get the TSB wiper assemblies. That is, IF they fit on my car. (I was replying to someone with a 2004 TSX.)

Originally Posted by From my notes
TSB wipers
76660-SEC-305 (set)
76620-SEC-305 Left Wiper assembly
76630-SEC-306 Right Wiper assembly
Inserts only
76622-STK-A01 Left Wiper Insert
76632-SEC-305 Right Wiper Insert

Last edited by davidspalding; 10-16-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now i feel like i need to change my wiper blades
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

For those interested in the new wiper assemblies (TSB B07-015), the part # for the set is 76660-SEC-305, and the individual pieces are:

Left wiper 76620-SEC-305 (replacement insert 76622-STK-A01)
Right wiper 76630-SEC-306 (replacement insert 76632-SEC-305)
Has anyone found the replacement inserts online, or do we have to go to a dealer to get them? I've looked at Delray Acura's site and OEM Acura Parts online among others with no luck so far. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lando622
Has anyone found the replacement inserts online, or do we have to go to a dealer to get them? I've looked at Delray Acura's site and OEM Acura Parts online among others with no luck so far. Thanks for any help.
I just bought some last week from acurapartsworld.com I paid like 8.50 for both with free shipping.
The following users liked this post:
davidspalding (01-02-2014)
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Cruisin'

sickboy,
Apologies for the belated "Thanks!", but Thanks! We ended up moving very soon after this post and I got side-tracked.

It was very convenient ordering the wiper refills from acurapartsworld.com. I picked up two sets.

Rob
Old 12-21-2013, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but in my previous post I'm talking about entire wiper assemblies, not wiper inserts (blades). I know, the numbers and nomenclature are confusing.

If I was going to go out and buy all new assemblies, I'd get the TSB wiper assemblies. That is, IF they fit on my car. (I was replying to someone with a 2004 TSX.)
** UPDATE **

At the Cary dealership yesterday, I checked on availability and pricing of the TSB wiper blades and inserts, was told that though the TSB blade kit was available, the TSB blade inserts were NOT AVAILABLE. Unless somone tells me different, then, the TSB wipers are not a long-term solution, if you have to buy the whole blade to replace. Might as well get aftermarket ones, possibly cheaper.

Sincerely hope anyone with TSB blades and finding replacement inserts kept their originals.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
** UPDATE **

At the Cary dealership yesterday, I checked on availability and pricing of the TSB wiper blades and inserts, was told that though the TSB blade kit was available, the TSB blade inserts were NOT AVAILABLE. Unless somone tells me different, then, the TSB wipers are not a long-term solution, if you have to buy the whole blade to replace. Might as well get aftermarket ones, possibly cheaper.

Sincerely hope anyone with TSB blades and finding replacement inserts kept their originals.
Wow! I am very interested in this as I just bought the TSB set for my niece. She does not have a lot of $$ so it will be a problem if I can not get replacement inserts. She gets enough chatter that it is "annoying" but not bad enough to shell out $40 every time she needs new wiper blades. I will call the on-line Acura supplier I use and report back what I find. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I had to make 4 trips to the dealership because the first 3 times those idiots didn't listen to me when I told them I had the TSB wiper inserts. I think the one time they ordered me the MDX inserts because they were the same size. Finally on the 3rd trip back I told them to look into the TSB for the part numbers. They had to order them and thus the 4th trip to pick them up. I am not sure if they were sitting too long or what but after the first week they started to streak.

Luckily I have RainX so it doesn't bother me as much. I don't think I will go through replacing these as obviously they are not making as many of these as they make with their other lines.

I'll stick with the aftermarket ones after these go out.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by npolite
I had to make 4 trips to the dealership because the first 3 times those idiots didn't listen to me when I told them I had the TSB wiper inserts. I think the one time they ordered me the MDX inserts because they were the same size. Finally on the 3rd trip back I told them to look into the TSB for the part numbers. They had to order them and thus the 4th trip to pick them up. I am not sure if they were sitting too long or what but after the first week they started to streak.

Luckily I have RainX so it doesn't bother me as much. I don't think I will go through replacing these as obviously they are not making as many of these as they make with their other lines.

So it seems as though the tab inserts are still being stocked then? I find it strange that honda would stop carrying these, especially since if you look at the tsb, they've actually updated the part numbers so that the tsb inserts have the same part numbers as the older inserts that were part of the original tsb in 2007. To clarify, when the tsb first came out around 2007, you could order new wiper blade housings and new inserts that were rubber which solved the chattering. But since that time, the tsb has been updated (in 2010 I believe) to use those same part numbers for the brand new plastic inserts that all honda models are using now. I'm assuming that the blade housings on the tsb also have changed to accommodate the new plastic inserts, but I ran into this same issue earlier this year when I tried to order replacement rubber inserts for my wiper housings that were replaced in 2008 using the older 2007 tsb part numbers. So now those same rubber insert part numbers actually get you the newer plastic inserts that are listed in the 2010 revision of the tsb.

Bottom line: honda is confusing everyone (including dealerships) with this behavior of updating parts by reusing part numbers instead of simply putting out new part numbers to reflect the updated parts.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jottle
So it seems as though the tab inserts are still being stocked then? I find it strange that honda would stop carrying these, especially since if you look at the tsb, they've actually updated the part numbers so that the tsb inserts have the same part numbers as the older inserts that were part of the original tsb in 2007. To clarify, when the tsb first came out around 2007, you could order new wiper blade housings and new inserts that were rubber which solved the chattering. But since that time, the tsb has been updated (in 2010 I believe) to use those same part numbers for the brand new plastic inserts that all honda models are using now. I'm assuming that the blade housings on the tsb also have changed to accommodate the new plastic inserts, but I ran into this same issue earlier this year when I tried to order replacement rubber inserts for my wiper housings that were replaced in 2008 using the older 2007 tsb part numbers. So now those same rubber insert part numbers actually get you the newer plastic inserts that are listed in the 2010 revision of the tsb.

Bottom line: honda is confusing everyone (including dealerships) with this behavior of updating parts by reusing part numbers instead of simply putting out new part numbers to reflect the updated parts.
And you have very successfully confused me! Lol! Bottom line, can I get replacement rubber refills for my new (per 2007 TSB) wiper arms?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Artbuc
And you have very successfully confused me! Lol! Bottom line, can I get replacement rubber refills for my new (per 2007 TSB) wiper arms?
According to npolite's post above, you can still order both kinds of wiper inserts. However, it hard to know which exact part numbers to use to get the updated plastic inserts (2010) vs. the older (but still functional) rubber inserts that were first introduced in the original tsb to replace the oem chattering arms/inserts.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by npolite

Not too different from my experience. But I am using the OEM 2006 inserts with my 2006 wiper blades, and no chatter. My impression from discussions here is that some people have chatter problems, others (me) no complaint at all -- so long as I keep your windscreen and blade inserts clean. If I let things go to pot, I get groaning/dragging sound. [1]

[1] I give the blade inserts a quick wipe with the towel/cleaning fluid when I clean my windscreen. Generally keeps them in good shape and ready for rain.

OKAY ... Okay, now you've got me confused. Um,... what? Plastic inserts?

Since this TSB is what I'm hosting on my domain, these are the part numbers (well, I'm pretty sure) that I was inquiring about:

For those interested in the new wiper assemblies (TSB B07-015), the part # for the set is 76660-SEC-305, and the individual pieces are:

Left wiper 76620-SEC-305 (replacement insert 76622-STK-A01)
Right wiper 76630-SEC-306 (replacement insert 76632-SEC-305)

WAIT. As per this post:

Originally Posted by sickboy
I just bought some last week from acurapartsworld.com I paid like 8.50 for both with free shipping.
Acurapartsworld.com still has them (76622-STK-A01 , 76632-SEC-305). They also have the TSB wipers (individual), and the set is only $29 or so.

Last edited by davidspalding; 01-02-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: acurapartsworld.com has them!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Instructor

According to npolite's post above, you can still order both kinds of wiper inserts. However, it hard to know which exact part numbers to use to get the updated plastic inserts (2010) vs. the older (but still functional) rubber inserts that were first introduced in the original tsb to replace the oem chattering arms/inserts.
Thanks but I have no clue regarding plastic vs rubber inserts. What the heck is a plastic insert? By plastic insert, are you talking about the TSB which is the redesigned articulated plastic arm fitted with a rubber insert? As DavidS said in post #52 above, the TSB wipers I bought are p/n 76660-SEC-305. This p/n includes both left and right wiper arms both fitted with rubber inserts which I assume and hope are replaceable as DavidS described.

Last edited by Artbuc; 01-03-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Artbuc
Thanks but I have no clue regarding plastic vs rubber inserts. What the heck is a plastic insert? By plastic insert, are you talking about the TSB which is the redesigned articulated plastic arm fitted with a rubber insert? As DavidS said in post #52 above, the TSB wipers I bought are p/n 76660-SEC-305. This p/n includes both left and right wiper arms both fitted with rubber inserts which I assume and hope are replaceable as DavidS described.
Apologies everyone. What I meant by "plastic inserts" is the newer rubber tsb inserts david and others have been referring to. If you look at the old rubber inserts compared to the newer tsb inserts, you will see that the newer one's are wider and appear to be of a different material (seem like soft plastic rather than rubber). If you have them side by side, which I do, the difference is very clear. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:22 PM
Pro

Can someone help me figure out why honda/acura part dealers are showing two separate prices and part numbers for the blade sets or separate blade parts?
For example, see here: Honda Parts Unlimited | Genuine OEM Honda Parts & Accessories

The "honda" part is cheaper than the matching acura part, but aren't they the exact same part since its the same honda part number? I get two different prices if I also input the individual blade assemblies for most online retailers as well (76620-SEC-305 Left Wiper Blade 76630-SEC-306 Right Wiper Blade). It's cheaper to buy these blade individually for some reason, instead of the set. If I buy the "honda" listed part, will it be exactly the same as the "acura" listed part number? This just seems like a stupid system to have two separate parts listed for the same number.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Pro

To answer my own question: They're the same part…always go with the cheaper one
Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Pro

FYI. Honda has discontinued the ability to order separate (left or right) new wiper blades (76620-SEC-305 Left Wiper Blade 76630-SEC-306 Right Wiper Blade). So you'll have to buy them only as a set (76660-SEC-305), for some reason. I don't quite understand why they can't sell individual blades, but that's Honda for you
Old 03-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
went to honda dealer today after dealing with poor wiper inserts in all day rain. have newer tsb blades. honda only had drivers in stock, sold me best fit for passenger, locks in offset (half inch) but works fine