2004 Dodge Neon vs. 2004 Acura TSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Because Of You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Dodge Neon vs. 2004 Acura TSX

Damn... I was ran over by a guy and my TSX was in the shop! Dealing with the insurance was worst than the accident. The insurance treated me like some sort of criminal or animal or something like that!

Anyway... they only cover $20 a day for 30 days for rental. (I was thinking to just go to my friend and borrow his MB ML or the 350Z for couple days.)

At first, the guy in the rental wanted to give me a old junk Kia. I looked at the Kia and thought damnnnn!!! It was so dirty inside out. So, I ended up getting a bottom of the line 2004 Dodge Neon...

And... it is not bad... It has no power nothing... No CD... No Anti lock brake... No moon roof... You name it, it won't have it.

But... it drives pretty good. 0-40 is pretty fast comparable to my TSX. I need to push it a little bit after 50. But after all, the drive is pretty good.

The steering wheel is pretty soft to turn. But not too soft like the Nissan. But not too hard like my TSX.

The interior is pretty roomy. Better than my TSX where the TSX is filled with all those panels and switches, etc.

The seat is a-okey but it can't be compared to our TSX. Driving position is ok but all the switches and levers are kinda hard to push and pull. I need to use my might to push the turn signal in place.

And if you guys complaint about the interior noise, you need to try this Neon. It is so noisy!

End of story.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bz268
I need to use my might to push the turn signal in place.
You need to use every spare minute at the gym.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
CeD

You need to start drinking protein shakes...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by kenzo
You need to use every spare minute at the gym.

I live in a cubical. and I punch numbers for living. Give me something and I can crush it with my iron fingers. But the turn signal is too much for my mortal soul.

Oh and the interior light of the Neon works just like the TSX. (i.e.) When I pull the key out it will turn on. When I exit the car and lock the door, it will dim and off.

pretty cool for a crappy Dodge.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Banned

so what shit happened to your TSX ? pics ?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by magnifico
so what shit happened to your TSX ? pics ?
u know those freeway entry when the traffic merges to the freeway? It was something like that and the guy was not looking bang!

Two doors vs 2 tires. Tires win!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bz268
... I punch numbers for living.
Do they punch back?

Old 10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Burning Brakes

I should have a lot of BMW vs Kia story too, since everytime I came up to a warranty work on my E46, they just throw me in to a Kia as loaner. If you go for a the paid inspection service, they will give you a Civic as a special treat since you just pour money to their pocket! But I think I still prefer a Kia over a neon.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by ianS
I should have a lot of BMW vs Kia story too, since everytime I came up to a warranty work on my E46, they just throw me in to a Kia as loaner. If you go for a the paid inspection service, they will give you a Civic as a special treat since you just pour money to their pocket! But I think I still prefer a Kia over a neon.
The Neon is $20+$8 (DW) a day. Not cheap. I remember last time I rented a big ass SUV for just $25. This is a rip off.

But anyway...

I have been driving the Neon for awhile now. It is pretty good. Not bad at all. It picks up pretty fast (0-40). I like it. Why people (including me) always think the Dodge is a piece of crap?

On the other hand, I rented a Ford Taurus before. They all said that the Taurus was good. But it was a piece of crap. I would never get another Ford again. Compared the Taurus to the Neon, the Neon was 200% better than the Ford.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

A family member had a Neon. It was pretty good for an economy car, except for it seemed to be in the shop a lot (and not cheaply either). Maybe it was a lemon, but do that too many times, and maybe that's why some people will start thinking Dodges are crap?

What struck me was how peppy it was. Maybe it's the light weight and large motor for what it is. It seemed plenty quick. Then again, I was fairly impressed by a Sentra I drove. Some people are really biased against 4 cyls, but it really depends on the individual car....

If it was more reliable, I'd be more excited about it. As it is, I'd rather recommend a Civic or Corrolla for an economy car, but maybe that's just me.

I rented a Taurus, and it was good enough to get around in traffic. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Like many family-oriented sedans, the suspension was way softer than I like. There were probably other things I didn't like that I can't recall. Heck, I didn't mind the Cavalier that I rented one time. Eh, most of these cars are not so bad -- if they were, noone would be buying them, would they?

Most of the time I can deal with the sloppy handling, loose steering, poor brakes, etc., of rental cars, but I think I have my wife spoiled. She complains if she has to drive certain cars... The only thing that really bugs me, and it's just more of a mental thing, is the shuddering from warped rotors. That seems pretty common in rentals.

But yeah, if you want to really appreciate your TSX, drive some other cars sometime. Enjoy some rattles, wallow around corners, and then get back to the TSX....
Old 10-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still trying to get back the last of my rental money from my accident back in March.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Racer

Dodge Neons are the worst POS's!

My friends g/f had one and the paint on the roof started chiping. So many engine problems, vibrations. Worst car ever. The engine is practically plastic.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vidgamer
A family member had a Neon. It was pretty good for an economy car, except for it seemed to be in the shop a lot (and not cheaply either). Maybe it was a lemon, but do that too many times, and maybe that's why some people will start thinking Dodges are crap?

What struck me was how peppy it was. Maybe it's the light weight and large motor for what it is. It seemed plenty quick. Then again, I was fairly impressed by a Sentra I drove. Some people are really biased against 4 cyls, but it really depends on the individual car....

If it was more reliable, I'd be more excited about it. As it is, I'd rather recommend a Civic or Corrolla for an economy car, but maybe that's just me.

I rented a Taurus, and it was good enough to get around in traffic. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Like many family-oriented sedans, the suspension was way softer than I like. There were probably other things I didn't like that I can't recall. Heck, I didn't mind the Cavalier that I rented one time. Eh, most of these cars are not so bad -- if they were, noone would be buying them, would they?

Most of the time I can deal with the sloppy handling, loose steering, poor brakes, etc., of rental cars, but I think I have my wife spoiled. She complains if she has to drive certain cars... The only thing that really bugs me, and it's just more of a mental thing, is the shuddering from warped rotors. That seems pretty common in rentals.

But yeah, if you want to really appreciate your TSX, drive some other cars sometime. Enjoy some rattles, wallow around corners, and then get back to the TSX....
Actually, I never have chance to drive a neon but Big Three did scare me away from them. Maybe neon is not that bad, at least the engine sound from an old neon is way more healthly than a new VW. And actually, Kia is not that bad either. Its auto tranny & engine is as smooth as the 320i loaner that I used to get.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ianS
Actually, I never have chance to drive a neon but Big Three did scare me away from them. Maybe neon is not that bad, at least the engine sound from an old neon is way more healthly than a new VW. And actually, Kia is not that bad either. Its auto tranny & engine is as smooth as the 320i loaner that I used to get.
You know, Kias are actually one of the more solid cars at the low end of the budget. I was surprised at the build quality when i had one as a loaner.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:47 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
KOREAN POWER!!!~~ WOO WOO lol
Old 10-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Racer

hey at least its not a cavalier.

a friend of mine had that, until its airbags amazingly deployed in a 10mph collision. BOTH OF THEM when he was the only one in the car.

needless to say a neon is not that bad. better than a kia or a cavalier (dont know if the new cobalt is any good, but if its like the cavalier it probably sucks or will suck, just came out so they havent had time to fall apart yet)
Old 10-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hans007
a friend of mine had that, until its airbags amazingly deployed in a 10mph collision. BOTH OF THEM when he was the only one in the car.
Not just cavalier did that, see that....
http://www.hedonistica.com/media.ph...ny_mercedes.wmv