07 Tsx Purchase Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Jon (PWP FTW)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Tsx Purchase Stuck

hey guys i'm looking to purchase a TSX soon.

Looking at a 2007 Automatic White TSX with Ebony Interior and navigation

The thing is none of the dealerships in my area are giving me the price I want. I live here in Socal. I been seeing prices all around this forum from $27,200-$27,500 plus TTL. This would come out to be $29,920-$30,250 out the door. I haven't been able to get this price at any of the dealerships in Socal. Thomas Acura told me that they could give me a price of $30,625 out the door.

Please help me out guys and let me know how I should ask for the price. I'm willing to pay up to $30,300 OTD for the car. Which dealerships should I contact and which person should I ask for?

I plan on purchasing this TSX tomorrow.

Thanks Guys
Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Racer

You could probably get them to come down to $30,000 out the door. That's what I got from Keyes Acura. If not, ask them to throw in something for free. For example, floor mats, car cover, spoiler, etc.

Are you talking to the dealers through e-mails? That worked very well for me and for a lot of the members in the forum here.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Instructor

Yeah, do a lot of phone and email. Definitely get numbers via email that you can use to play the dealers off each other. I got a good deal from Power Acura Southbay. It's also not good to determine that you absolutely have to buy at a certain time. If the sales guys sense anxiety or weakness, they are like sharks to blood, and you will have no chance at a good deal.

A basic negotiating maxim is, "The one who can walk away has the power," so always be prepared to walk, when things don't go your way. Make the salesguy earn your time. Remember you are his potential meal ticket. On the flip side, all he can possibly provide you is a nice ride.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Intermediate

Good advice in the other replies . . . but I'd like to add this: Since we're near the end of a model year it means, yes, prices should be low - but it also means choice may be limited. If this is a color combo you really like/want, that may make a difference in your decision.

It would be different if the prices you're getting were up at invoice or above (apparently there are areas of the country where this is happening). But it looks like you're going to be able to get $400-500 below invoice even if the dealer doesn't move off his current price.

So I'd say . . . go in and negotiate a better deal - but if that doesn't happen, you're still going to be buying a great car in a color you like at an excellent price.

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hey guys thanks for the advice. im looking at a 2007 automatic tsx with navigation. i also wanted to add on the Aspec body kit all around. one quote i recieved was from acura of glendale telling me they can do $31,434.00 OTD. I let Thomas Acura know and there going to work out some numbers and let me know if they could beat that price. let me know if that is a reasonable price to pay. Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

kk got my car. i don't get to pick it up until the 18th. i got the 2007 automatic PWP with ebony interior and navigation. i also got the Aspec body kit. total was $31,424 OTD.

was this a good deal? if not
Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by liquidg3n3rati0n
kk got my car. i don't get to pick it up until the 18th. i got the 2007 automatic PWP with ebony interior and navigation. i also got the Aspec body kit. total was $31,424 OTD.

was this a good deal? if not
to me it seems high. I do not know what your OTD price includes. the sales tax(highway use tax as it is called in NC) is 3%. what other extras did you get- did they give you a few free oil changes. Since inventory for 07's is getting less and I hear it is hard to get your color combo it is really a great deal in the long-run. good luck
Old 06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
to me it seems high. I do not know what your OTD price includes. the sales tax(highway use tax as it is called in NC) is 3%.
His OTD price includes a much higher sales tax (8% plus or minus) than in NC!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by liquidg3n3rati0n
i also wanted to add on the Aspec body kit all around. one quote i recieved was from acura of glendale telling me they can do $31,434.00 OTD.
When I bought my TSX in April of 2006, Acura of Glendale was the only one who wouldn't budge and give me a deal. All of the other dealers I was in contact with were willing to make a deal.

I ended up getting my TSX from Keyes Acura. Like Jeff the Pianist, I got mine around $30k (with extended warranty, gap insurance, and lojack). The A-Spec body kit is nice...although you should have also considered the Euro-R body kit. It's the OEM kit in Europe and comes painted from the factory. It's more noticeable than the A-spec.

With A-spec, your price seems okay...considering they'll install and warranty your kit.

By the way, nj2pa2nc, at least in most of Los Angeles County, the sales tax is 8.25%.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 AM
it's a car-drive it

wow everything seems to be way more expensive in california. I think i will stay in nc and only visit california (love the san diego area ) that makes the OTD sound OK
Old 06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Cruisin'

wow..u guys can go OTD with that price? are u guys by any chance in the NY area? i feel so bad i think i got jipped. oh well, i also didn't get the color i wanted which was the white with the ebony interior..sigh..good luck!! and don't get jipped like me!! i also paid 1k for the lojack..sigh*

did anybody purchase the extra alarm they offered?? does that alarm sound when u open the locks or close them? and does it lock ur doors automatically if u don't lock the doors? i didn't get it because i didn't know the difference between that and the stock alarm
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i ended up paying $29.3k out the door with floor mats and mud guard. but i guess it varies in the market ur in.
in the midwest, the sales guy told me that 6mt are really rare. so i doubt they'll budge on those prices
Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

welcome to the world of californians! just to piggyback on those lojack stuff, they sell those for alot more than they're worth. Thats how finance people make money pretty much. So all you buyers out there, just be cautious and not pay a ridiculous amount for something thats worth a hundred or so dollars.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Cruisin'

Got my PWP w/ Ebony, Navi, 6spd for $30,700 otd. This with San Francisco 8.5% tax rate too. It would have been $30,200 if I registered with a Southern California tax rate.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

You guys are funny... How much profit do you think Acura has? Not alot.. 2% hold back. Invoice on a navigation is $28,281.72. The dealerships have to make some type of money. I got my tsx navigation for $31,490 out the door and I got great service. The salesperson was great too.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by badstsx
You guys are funny... How much profit do you think Acura has? Not alot.. 2% hold back. Invoice on a navigation is $28,281.72. The dealerships have to make some type of money. I got my tsx navigation for $31,490 out the door and I got great service. The salesperson was great too.
Dealers don't make money off cars...they make it off of trade-in's and parts/services.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Dealers don't make money off cars...they make it off of trade-in's and parts/services.
True, but they still make money off cars. Internet/fleet departments move units but you cant loose money and stay in buisness. Thats why theres the retail department.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:10 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

I totally agree! They barely make squat off of new car cash or finance deals. That is why they always want to refer you to used b/c their purchase price is most likely alot less and their profit is larger. They also want to get new cars of the lot because it cost them money when there is no circulation.

Getting back to the topic, I bought my 2007 TSX Black on Black w/ Navi two weeks ago. Im picking it up this Saturday the 16th here in NY. The wait is killing me! I bought the car cash deal and my total price was $30,912.50, I bought the car invoice at $28,282.00 w/ $2,368 (8.375%) taxes and $262.50 in DMV and Tire Tax Fees. What do you guys think? Good Deal? I don't think they are throwing anything in for free but what (Valet Key Chain, Mug, License Plate Holder) and how can I ask for . I already bought all-season floor mats, wheel lock, and the trunk tray from another dealer ship at a price better than what the sales man would give (20%). Any pointers are appreciated!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by slickrab
I totally agree! They barely make squat off of new car cash or finance deals. That is why they always want to refer you to used b/c their purchase price is most likely alot less and their profit is larger. They also want to get new cars of the lot because it cost them money when there is no circulation.

Getting back to the topic, I bought my 2007 TSX Black on Black w/ Navi two weeks ago. Im picking it up this Saturday the 16th here in NY. The wait is killing me! I bought the car cash deal and my total price was $30,912.50, I bought the car invoice at $28,282.00 w/ $2,368 (8.375%) taxes and $262.50 in DMV and Tire Tax Fees. What do you guys think? Good Deal? I don't think they are throwing anything in for free but what (Valet Key Chain, Mug, License Plate Holder) and how can I ask for . I already bought all-season floor mats, wheel lock, and the trunk tray from another dealer ship at a price better than what the sales man would give (20%). Any pointers are appreciated!
too late now-you should have asked before you made the final deal. enjoy it- I have an 06 milano red/ebony 6spd w/nav. included in the price were the trunk tray, wheel locks, door-edge guards, painted-on pin stripes, mud guards, all-season floor mats and lifetime free oil changes. those ny sales tax are the killer-nc are 3% on cars. good luck with the car-you will love it.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I bought my TSX in April of 2006, Acura of Glendale was the only one who wouldn't budge and give me a deal. All of the other dealers I was in contact with were willing to make a deal.

I ended up getting my TSX from Keyes Acura. Like Jeff the Pianist, I got mine around $30k (with extended warranty, gap insurance, and lojack). The A-Spec body kit is nice...although you should have also considered the Euro-R body kit. It's the OEM kit in Europe and comes painted from the factory. It's more noticeable than the A-spec.

With A-spec, your price seems okay...considering they'll install and warranty your kit.

By the way, nj2pa2nc, at least in most of Los Angeles County, the sales tax is 8.25%.
I bought mine at Keyes Acura as well. But, I would never do buisness with them again. As part of the deal, I had foglights installed (which do not come standard on the 2004). A few days later I am on the highway and I hear "flap flap flap" under the car. Apparently, they had not tightened a few bolts correctly and a part came lose. I went back to the dealer to complain, and they didn't even acknowledge it was their fault. They claimed it was a problem caused by the factory! Total BS!

In contrast, I've been getting my TSX serviced at Glendale. Can't say enough good things about them.

So, buy yours whereever you want, but do not have it serived at Keyes.