still no solution??!!!(lock buzz)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still no solution??!!!(lock buzz)

ok so 2day i searched and searched the forum and found a few quik fixes some say that is was the actuator (OH im talking about that buzz sound on the door lock) and some say some wd-40 will do it i went to a local shop and he told me he fixed a few of those problems with that (wd-40) tried that but NO LUCK! i did get my passenger side window faster props to that thread starter. but anyway is there anything newer u heard of to fix this b-cuz mine has been buzzing for a lil over a yr now and its STILL very annoying! and i hate tha looks i get when tha car is shined up looking good then i hit my alarm and BUZZZZZ!! p.s. remember im cheap so im looking 4 a quik fix or a d.i.y. thanx
Old 07-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Str8 Rida

so i guess there is....STILL NO SOLUTION.lol
Old 01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
10th Gear

Lock Buzz

Did you ever fix this?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
This generally requires replacement of the solenoid that drives the door lock. Some have managed to fix by surgery on the solenoid. I've never done it myself, although I have a 94 Accord EX that buzzes on the RR door.

You could also remove the door panel and disconnect the buzzing solenoid. This would leave you w/ manual door lock on that door, hopefully not the driver door.

Some disabled the auto door locks entirely by pulling fuse on auto door locks.

See following thread for discussion of solenoid fix.

Door Lock Solenoid Repair

good luck
Old 01-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TexasHonda: you sure do know your sh*t. I nominate you to be a mod. Order in the court..order in the court!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered Driver

When I took the four screws off of the back of my door lock actuator and first opened it, I noticed two small black rubber pieces, (about 1/4" square) just "floating around" (not connected to anything) inside the actuator. They were in the process of rotting away. After playing with the actuator for a few minutes, I realized that they originally were "bumpers" that stopped the gear sector at the end of its swing in either direction. When the gear sector swung too far in either direction (because the bumpers were missing), then maybe 2 or three teeth of the gear sector actually contacted the gear assembly. Consequently, when the motor was energized, the gear assembly put enough force on the gear sector that the gear sector jumped off of the gear assembly repeatedly and rapidly, causing the BUZZZZZZ noise.
That is very similar to what I found in my car, but, never got around to fixing.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

I had some great luck "fixing" a bad lock solenoid on a 96 accord. Usually (or so I'm told/read) the buzzing precludes the soleneid screwing up - the most common problem is that when u lock the doors, it keeps trying to lock them like every 2 seconds. A very VERY common problem on accords.

After toolin the net, I found some guy who had tried something different - there is a blue/white wire running from the door lock solenoid. To see it, you'll obviously have to take the door panel off. Apparently this guy discovered that this wire was no longer getting a good ground, and after grounding it, everything worked again.

I tried this on said vehicle, and yes, surprisingly enough, it worked. Lock worked fine after that. Now im not sure if this will cure any "buzzing" from the solenoid, but its worth a shot.

Oh, and please do post if this fixes the buzz, cause I think my TL is starting to "buzz" on the passenger door now!