Problem removing intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:01 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Problem removing intake manifold

I have a 1996 Acura TL 3.2. I was attempting to remove my intake manifold to clean out the EGR passages and have run into what I hope is a temporary roadblock. I've removed the air unit, disconnected the throttle body, disconnected all the hoses going into the manifold and what appears to be all the bolts and nuts holding the manifold in place, but its not moving at all. I was wondering if the unit that the throttle body was connected to was actually part of the manifold too? I can see a few bolts but I thought that was separate from the manifold. It appears to house the entrance to the manifold but also part of the cooling system. Do I need to empty the cooling system and remove the bolts to this unit as well? Is it part of the manifold? I wish I could find a better diagram of my engine with more parts identified. My Chilton manual is so lacking in providing good photos and diagrams where I need them. Anyway, I would be most appreciative of anyone that might be able to provide me with some guidance here.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:47 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've now got the manifold where I can raise it by prying it on all corners but for the left rear side when I'm facing the firewall. Not that its necessarily hung up there, i just haven't a place to pry back there. Nevertheless, I'm still not prying it up enough to see it breaking free. Since, I can more clearly see anything that might be hanging it up in front, I'm thinking there's something back in the rear I haven't yet identified using my mirror and light. I did unhook a hose on the back that was a couple inches below the top surface of the manifold, and all of the fuel lines that I can see. Still don't see what's holding this up. Any suggestions from anyone would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't know if this will help?
Attached Thumbnails Problem removing intake manifold-acura-intake.png