a crazy EGR
02 sensors
the slowest passenger side window unless your a bannana slug
a CD play that thinks playing codes is what I want
an ABS sytem that sound like it farts more than a habitual bean eater
gas mileage worse than my 67 camaro
a mode control motor than cant seen to direct defroster air to my windshield
a washer fluid despenser that is clogged ever time you need it
and the worst possibe problem of them all a P0122 code, yes the worst possible code a bad throttle position sensor, when this thing failed it caused the engine to rev out of control from 1200-to-2200 rpm and in gear it sets at around 1100 and is jerky when driving. I have tried to get ahold of just the sensor but the dealership doesnt sell just the sensor but the whole throttle body at 600.00 + does anyone out there know where to get a hold of one of these sensors for a 1996 3.2 TL Premium with traction control.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the tps is the same on all honda throttle bodies. They use rivets in most us models and torx head screws in japanese models.

If you can find some riceboy with a junker throttlebody with just a good tps you can use it. Just take a dremel tool to the head of the rivet and slice a horizontal slot in the headl. This way you can now use a flat head screwdriver to remove the rivet. Once its off do the same to your stock tl throttle body and replace it with the donor part, use a phillips screw the same thread as the origional rivets you took out also for ease. That should fix your tps issue. Also make sure that the sensor you have now just doesnt simply have a corroded plug thats causing you those issues.

The o2 sensor.. Replace either o2 sensor thats giving you problems. either the primary left or the primary right. If its the secondary, buy another sensor or buy a secondary o2 eliminator kit off ebay to just trick the ecu into not using it. Its only purpose is to notify the ecu that the catalyst is changing the exhaust gas temp after exhaust passes through it.

These issues will solve your shitty gas milage.

Next to fix the egr u can use a pipe cleaner down the vac port or just remove the 2 12mm nuts holding it in place. Once its off clean the shit out of it with brake parts cleaner and clean the port in the manifold for its vacume. Carbon tends to build up after age takes its toll and causes this to happen. The egr being fucked up will make your car run like total shit as well as fuck up your gas milage from throwing the ecu into limp mode.

The passanger window is just a shitty shot regulator. Honda builds about as good of a window regulator as freddy kruger gives hand jobs. They all are fucking garbage if you ask me. I had a 00 civic that i just ended up taking the focking windows out of and driving on sunny days since it was a sunday car anyhow. I had replaced at least 5 regulators and gear sets in the windows. My tl windows are slow, and the ones off track a little from an escipade with my ex girlfriend talking shit to me and me throwing a razor cell phone through the window. I replaced the glass and i think i lost a peice or some shit cause its rattled since then. One of these days ill fix it. im just too lazy now.

The cd player is total garbage if its stock. I have had 5 stock cd players in my shit as well. The stock tl one decided it would just start to eject the fucking cd when i load it in then suck it back in before i can grab it to pull it out. It just in and outs it like 30 times and flashes er-01 or some shit. I started using it for a radio only 5 weeks later it wants the code every time i turn on the car. I gently put my fingers in the tape deck, tugged
pulled it out of the dash, unplugged it from the harness and the hands free speaker harness and antenna, and threw it out the window in a fishing pond i passed.
I then got a 00 civic ex cd player, worked for 1 month, same load issue. Then a 01 type r cd player, the buttons on it stopped working, then i got a 00 si cd player. It would not turn up sometimes and other times id go to turn it down and the fucking thing would turn up all the way. it got thrown out the window on I 75. I then ended up with a ktv 911 kenwood navigation unit. Loved it but gangbangers stole it. So i got some junkass panasonic deal now that when i hit track up it turns off cause the detachable face is focked up. So it about time to get a cassette deck thats not detachable face. or use my bose headphones and my ipod.

washer fluid deal... no idea. mines been empty since like 2002. this is the only car ive had wipers on in at least 10 years. I usually rainx the window and im accustomed to driving with out them so even in the worst conditions of snow and shit i dont get nervous. i guess just take the fender off on the drivers side take the resovuar off and clean it .

abs shit... find the orange plug that goes into the ecu looking thing. Unplug that fucker and take the bulb out. I disabled my abs also. formula one car dont need it neither do i. Nsx brakes stop me fine. I can pump the brakes if i need it. Some like it, i dont. If u dont agree, then i guess fix it? If it works and the light is on, take the light out.. easy.. If its a liability issue with the bulb out, take it out and put a burnt out one in there or break it in there.
"no idea it was out, my abs works great"..

Sorry if some shit wasnt helpful, ive taken the abs off my car as well as airbags and washers and all that other stuff so i dont share the same oppinion as others do. It was all worn out on mine and i didnt feel like putting it back on.

-colt
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insane throttle at ilde, Code P0122

Thanks Colt,
The info you provided was most helpful, these cars are infact some of the biggest pieces of shitaki everbuilt outiside of detroit. I will look for the ebay kit and will see about the other issues first. Thanks again for th laugh and the tip.

James
Old 04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Hows your battery and cables?

Free testing available at most major name parts stores.

There may be other probs, but I always make sure there is full juice to everything before spending a lot on parts