Ignition Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010 | 07:49 PM
Instructor

Red face Ignition Switch?

Anyone know how often the ignition switch goes out in these vechicles or an O2 sensor. I continue to have the same low idle/stalling when braking issue but can't narrow it down. I already took out the manifold and cleaned the erg ports also used new gaskets no known leaks
And don't know of check engine light because it hasn't came on but about 2 weeks ago a got code P0401 Insufficent Egr flow, this was before removing the manifold, also replace the IACV and no luck. My idle dips with a load especially with the A/C dips to about 200 RPMS. This problem only occurs when the engine is at operating temperature. Problem almost always is reproduced, no spuuter, no jerking, just hard stop and car off with dash lights on. My next assumptions would be O2 sensors, ignition swich or lock-up torque converter not un-locking in time when decelerating. Keep in mind the fuel pump relay, fuel pump and fuel filter has been changed.
Old 05-20-2010 | 05:51 PM
Instructor

RECAP: Today we scanned the ECU no stored codes. Did a vacuum test from the brake booser vac line and found that the engine has adequate vacuum and holding but when accelerating the vacuum does not drop down back to normal it stays above normal vacuum. So decided that something wasn't working properly and started on to the ERG System. Now the theory is if you unplug the vac line to the erg valve the engine would want to turn off right? Well it didn't now either the valve itself is stuck or the vacuum to it is not enough to hold it open. So with that in mind any ideas? Could this be the vacuum diaphragm being faulty because if it were the erg valve being faulty I would definitely be getting a CEL right? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2010 | 10:26 AM
Radical Member

Removing the line from the egr will do nothing. Vacuum is aplied to the egr during "cruise" conditions.
How many Hgs of vacuum does your engine have at idle? Mine was close to 22.
There is also the air valve on the back of the engine. It may need cleaned. As far as i know, it olny gets used when the engine is cold/cranking. But maybe it does something during deceleration.
Old 05-21-2010 | 10:28 AM
Radical Member

Removing the line from the egr will do nothing. Vacuum is aplied to the egr during "cruise" conditions.
How many Hgs of vacuum does your engine have at idle? Mine was close to 22.
There is also the air valve on the back of the engine. It may need cleaned. As far as i know, it olny gets used when the engine is cold/cranking. But maybe it does something during deceleration.