How To Get The Most From Your Dealership Service Department!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008 | 04:25 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

How To Get The Most From Your Dealership Service Department!

"ACE" or Acura Client Excellence is a survey system to insure customers are being treated up to Acura standards. We live and die by these survey scores. There are 2 kinds the phone survey and the email survey. The e-mail survey is far more important. Each dealership pay plan is different but are pay is directly affected by our survey scores. If you insure the service dept they will get a good survey score if they help you out with goodwill assistance or discounts they will usually work with you and you will have a better service experience. But if you have slammed the dealership in the past for no good reason you bet we will remember that when you are asking for help with your bill next time.
Old 07-14-2008 | 04:31 PM
Turd Polisher

I'm glad this guy is on the forums.
Old 07-14-2008 | 04:43 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

I always go to Planet Acura who has a WONDERFUL service department. I always tell the truth in the surveys, and they always get glowing reviews from me.

My question is...Do you know/find out exactly who gave which scores in the surveys?
Old 07-14-2008 | 07:39 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

Originally Posted by princelybug
I always go to Planet Acura who has a WONDERFUL service department. I always tell the truth in the surveys, and they always get glowing reviews from me.

My question is...Do you know/find out exactly who gave which scores in the surveys?
DID YOU GO TO PLANET ACURA WHEN IT WAS IN DOWNEY? WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ADVISOR? AND YES WE KNOW WHO AND WHEN THE SURVEY WAS RECIEVED AND WE CAN SEE WORD FOR WORD WHAT YOU SAY. AND IT ALSO REFERENCES THE RO NUMBER SO THERE IS NO DOUBT.....
Old 07-14-2008 | 08:16 PM
Race Director

Ive filled out the email survey for fresno acura. they are awesome! they dont see me as a punk kid when i go in.. they are outstanding.. all Aziners should do a survey for their local dealership if theyre good
Old 07-15-2008 | 02:07 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Originally Posted by SERVICEADVISOR
DID YOU GO TO PLANET ACURA WHEN IT WAS IN DOWNEY? WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ADVISOR? AND YES WE KNOW WHO AND WHEN THE SURVEY WAS RECIEVED AND WE CAN SEE WORD FOR WORD WHAT YOU SAY. AND IT ALSO REFERENCES THE RO NUMBER SO THERE IS NO DOUBT.....
I actually only started going there after they moved to Buena Park. My favorite advisor is Matt Storm. Do you happen to know him?
Old 07-15-2008 | 04:18 PM
Acura Owner Advocate

Originally Posted by princelybug
I actually only started going there after they moved to Buena Park. My favorite advisor is Matt Storm. Do you happen to know him?
No I know the manager dennis and advisor Paul. They are good people
Old 07-15-2008 | 06:47 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

No I know the manager dennis and advisor Paul. They are good people
I see. I know Paul as well, but I always deal with Matt.

It's good that your not POSTING TO ME IN ALL CAPS anymore, lol.
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:14 AM
Acura Owner Advocate

sorry about the caps, Here at the dealership we use a computer system that requires us to type in all caps (see your next repair order) so when i flip back in forth between screens i forget to turn off cap locks!
Old 07-16-2008 | 05:48 PM
Pro

I have to bring the car to the dealer to get the car fixed because of a minor accident that I had a few weeks ago. The thing is that I don't the the free rental car option with my insurance and when I was calling dealers around, all of them told me that in that case I would have to pay for a rental car myself. However, a dealer that I visited previously and one that I had no complaints against when they surveyed me, will give me a courtesy car free of charge.

I guess that the guy that I spoke to might have checked if I was a good customer and based on that did me a favor by giving me a free ride . Now I'm just hoping that I'll get a 3rd gen for a few days
Old 08-06-2008 | 02:22 AM
Advanced

"ACE" or Acura Client Excellence is a survey system to insure customers are being treated up to Acura standards. We live and die by these survey scores. There are 2 kinds the phone survey and the email survey. The e-mail survey is far more important. Each dealership pay plan is different but are pay is directly affected by our survey scores. If you insure the service dept they will get a good survey score if they help you out with goodwill assistance or discounts they will usually work with you and you will have a better service experience. But if you have slammed the dealership in the past for no good reason you bet we will remember that when you are asking for help with your bill next time.
I worked for Toshiba and IBM service for a while and they have the survey rating system. However, the system did not apply to machines not under warranty.

If the car is not under warranty, us 1st gen'ers cannot take you up on your customer satisfaction guarantee then right?