New Pictures 20"s "Car show TL"

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Htown slab rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abouelmm
speak english "son"

and for TK who wrote an essay in the last post, no one here is tellin him what to do, its an opinion and honestly this always happens when people get comments they dont like, no one is hating really, i feel you on everything you said, some people cant afford cars and some can and you should appreciate it, no one told him his car is ugly get the fuck out, they just gave comments, people from differnt areas are gonna like differnt things, if it was me id make the whole world rich, some deserve it but htats not gonna happen so oh well, atleast we can start by being nice to each other rich or poor for example but thats off topic, point is no one is bashing him just stating opinions, you gotta respect that
I wrote that "long essay" so the people who have a hard time understanding short talk could understand and it still seems u still didnt understand what i was trynna say so i'ma put it as simple as possible, IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR CAR...YOU CAN DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT U WANT TO DO TO OR WITH IT, EVEN IF YOU WANT TO BURN IT, RUN IT INTO A POLE, FLOOR IT INTO A CONCRETE WALL WHATEVER....if you didnt pay for the modification then who are you to talk down on it, everyone is entitled to do whatever they want with their TL, this is not the best car in the world.....simply put i'ma do whatever i want to do to my tl and expect anyone else to do the same and if someone doesnt like it then they can suck on my big toe, i didnt say anyone said anything i was simply stating examples, not facts that people have said...anyways its all good, people should just stop complaining and lets help each other when we need help like we've been doing ya heard!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
kl-de

whats the point of a forum then? why post pics in the first place then? ok so you can do whatever you want to your car, ok thats understandable.. but if someone wants to talk 'down' on yur ride then let them its an opinion.. you the one thats not making sense.. look you can take your tl and crash it into a pole and then suck on your own toe, but if you gonna post pics of it then expect someone to talk down on ur ride and make his of her comment which is an opinion which is what this forum is about homie i hope im understanding you.. anyways spinners and lambos on a tl arent good looking in my Opinion. but good luck with those shows and whatever
Old 04-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Instructor

whats the point of a forum then? why post pics in the first place then? ok so you can do whatever you want to your car, ok thats understandable.. but if someone wants to talk 'down' on yur ride then let them its an opinion.. you the one thats not making sense.. look you can take your tl and crash it into a pole and then suck on your own toe, but if you gonna post pics of it then expect someone to talk down on ur ride and make his of her comment which is an opinion which is what this forum is about homie i hope im understanding you.. anyways spinners and lambos on a tl arent good looking in my Opinion. but good luck with those shows and whatever
You're a dumbass. You just don't get it do you?? It's not that the forum wasn't created for open discussion but people here need to respect other peoples choices without being disrespectful to that individual's creativity. If you don't agree with the way someone modifies their car that's fine, but just be a bit more tactful about it. I think that's the point that TK is trynna get across. The problem here is that there are some a$$holes like yourself with no decorum watsoever.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TL BABY
You're a dumbass. You just don't get it do you?? It's not that the forum wasn't created for open discussion but people here need to respect other peoples choices without being disrespectful to that individual's creativity. If you don't agree with the way someone modifies their car that's fine, but just be a bit more tactful about it. I think that's the point that TK is trynna get across. The problem here is that there are some a$$holes like yourself with no decorum watsoever.
Originally Posted by teekay3001
I wrote that "long essay" so the people who have a hard time understanding short talk could understand and it still seems u still didnt understand what i was trynna say so i'ma put it as simple as possible, IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR CAR...YOU CAN DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT U WANT TO DO TO OR WITH IT, EVEN IF YOU WANT TO BURN IT, RUN IT INTO A POLE, FLOOR IT INTO A CONCRETE WALL WHATEVER....if you didnt pay for the modification then who are you to talk down on it, everyone is entitled to do whatever they want with their TL, this is not the best car in the world.....simply put i'ma do whatever i want to do to my tl and expect anyone else to do the same and if someone doesnt like it then they can suck on my big toe, i didnt say anyone said anything i was simply stating examples, not facts that people have said...anyways its all good, people should just stop complaining and lets help each other when we need help like we've been doing ya heard!
True Intelligence still don't think most people get it.
speak english "son"
Could you explain the "son" part?
QUOTE=mrproul]What? Is that a TL or a buick?[/QUOTE]
And I guess a comment like this is call constructive criticism.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLBaller
take a picture of your tail lights during the day. I want to see what they look like.
Not a good pic, but hope it works 4 u.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Htown slab rider

Whats the chrome on your tail light? i've never seen that one b4....
Old 04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Burning Brakes

those headlights are pretty faded. is that the look you're going for or is it just the age of them?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
^ PlastX ASAP!! It doesn't even look like you can even see your lights, haha.

~Cheers~
Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acuraryder

Acryder,

The more I see your car the more i love it bra. Can ya post a few more daytime pics?? This has to be the cleanest white TL I've seen in a long time.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TL BABY
Acryder,

The more I see your car the more i love it bra. Can ya post a few more daytime pics?? This has to be the cleanest white TL I've seen in a long time.
Thankx man i took these pics at the acura meet in daytona beach last weekend

Old 04-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Looks better without the spinners!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Thankx man i took these pics at the acura meet in daytona beach last weekend

Thanks for posting these pics bra. Spinners or not your car is SICKK!!!! That right there is tha panty dropper!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Htown slab rider

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEE'S CHROME ON THE TAIL LIGHTS:
1) WHERE DID U GET THEM
2) IS IT SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO
3) IS IT A CHROME TINT
4) IT LOOKS WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN THE INSPIRE LIGHTS HOW DO I GET THAT...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Nice car and whens the next florda meet??? i wanna go
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
大日本帝国

Car looks better without the spinners, and I think you should mesh out the lower opening. I personally hate being able to see radiator supports, hehe. I like your engine bay, though, .

~Cheers~
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Yea how did u do your tails like that i may try it if its cheap and removable.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deadsetonlivin
Yea how did u do your tails like that i may try it if its cheap and removable.
it might be a silver vinyl overlay, the same kind of vinyl overlays that people put over their tails to smoke them.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Htown slab rider

same thing i was thinking, but i was leaning more towards the mirror tint, but i know it has to be one of those, might be something else, he doesnt want 2 reply to that though....lol
Old 04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
大日本帝国

Meh, OEM FTW.

~Cheers~

P.S. Maybe you could try one of those mirror tints. That might get something close to that effect.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by teekay3001
same thing i was thinking, but i was leaning more towards the mirror tint, but i know it has to be one of those, might be something else, he doesnt want 2 reply to that though....lol
lol
Old 04-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Htown slab rider

Come on bro whats that on the tail light dont be shife like that mayn....
Old 04-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Instructor

thats illin, i see alot more cars this style where i live, Port holes, non-stoppers, 20 plus rims. The lambo doors are sick with seamless doors. Im waiting for someone to suicide or shave the handles completely off one of these days. Yah one guy on here along while ago bagged his car and supercharged it i believe. It was all black basically.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:21 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we all are entitled to our own oppinions. This thread will just keep going on and on and on which is annoying.

Im not going to bite my tounge, and im sure the owner could care less. Personally i think the ideas and parts chosen are not tasteful, and look terrible..

To each their own though. If it makes you happy and you like it. Who the fuck cares. Paint a dragon on the hood and get DRGN DAWG for your license plates for all i care.

My oppinions are based on the clear facts that None of the body lines are followed, theres shit stuck on all over the car that looks out of place(mirage corner lights or whatever they are in the front bumper, sticker eyelids on the stock headlights, ornaments emblems, neons, chrome vynal on the turnsignals on the rear), , and the rims look like those rapper wheels that they dont even care what the design is as long as they are 20 inches and spin they could be swasticas and giant penis's twirling around and it still wouldnt matter.

Dont take offence, im just stating my own oppinion which shouldnt really effect you. If it does, then oh well. Im just one of those people into function and subtle changes. I honestly think theres even a lot of high dollar vip jdm cars that are tacky with the giant mufflers and shit. If i wanted a fucking slot machine on wheels with chrome shit everywhere and flashing lights id go to the flea market and buy one.

Just remember, as long as you do stuff there will always be 2 sides o arguments. Some will think its the coolest shit thats hit the roads since the fuckin steam engine, and some will opt for the metro bus to avoid being seen in it.

This isnt an argument, this isnt an opening for shit talking extravaganza, its just my simple oppinion and why i have it which we all are entitled to. No means to offend you personally.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:34 PM
kl-de

lmao
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Colt45
we all are entitled to our own oppinions. This thread will just keep going on and on and on which is annoying.

Im not going to bite my tounge, and im sure the owner could care less. Personally i think the ideas and parts chosen are not tasteful, and look terrible..

To each their own though. If it makes you happy and you like it. Who the fuck cares. Paint a dragon on the hood and get DRGN DAWG for your license plates for all i care.

My oppinions are based on the clear facts that None of the body lines are followed, theres shit stuck on all over the car that looks out of place(mirage corner lights or whatever they are in the front bumper, sticker eyelids on the stock headlights, ornaments emblems, neons, chrome vynal on the turnsignals on the rear), , and the rims look like those rapper wheels that they dont even care what the design is as long as they are 20 inches and spin they could be swasticas and giant penis's twirling around and it still wouldnt matter.

Dont take offence, im just stating my own oppinion which shouldnt really effect you. If it does, then oh well. Im just one of those people into function and subtle changes. I honestly think theres even a lot of high dollar vip jdm cars that are tacky with the giant mufflers and shit. If i wanted a fucking slot machine on wheels with chrome shit everywhere and flashing lights id go to the flea market and buy one.

Just remember, as long as you do stuff there will always be 2 sides o arguments. Some will think its the coolest shit thats hit the roads since the fuckin steam engine, and some will opt for the metro bus to avoid being seen in it.

This isnt an argument, this isnt an opening for shit talking extravaganza, its just my simple oppinion and why i have it which we all are entitled to. No means to offend you personally.
You are correct about one thing "opinions don't bother me" but ignorance does. You said "your opinions are based on the clear facts"
Question: where do you get your "facts" from??
Let me guess: you work for NASA and you have the ability to look at pictures and determine the contents of structures??
Let me help you out since it is "my" car and I think I would be the only one unless someone seen it in person to state what are "facts"
1. The lights in my bumper are from a 2000 Nissan maxima not a "mirage"
2. My head lamp eye lids were painted when my car was painted "not stickers"
I think you get the point now.
You obviously are confused between what “the clear facts“are and what’s your opinion.
This is what seems to be a fact to me and I challenge you to prove me wrong: I have yet to see anyone that has told me how ridiculous my car is show me there car and say "this is how its done" can you do that for me? can you show me what a tl is supposed to look like after you spend over 10,000 modifying it because I’m anxious to see how to do it the colt45 way.
For years I’ve been amused by the hidden prejudice comments people make like "rapper rims" so are you saying that there's a company that makes rims called "rapper rims" if so who?
And do you think you could afford those "rapper rims"? If so then we should be able to see that kind of money invested in your Acura, so show us how you spend your well invested dollars modifying your Tl to perfection.
Let me help you out so you don't have to make undercover racial comments, most "rappers" like big rims, why? Because they can afford them just like "country artist" like big trucks with big tires why? Because they can afford them. Both are very expensive but you only here criticism about those who have big rims but were not the ones riding around on big tires or making comments like "country singer tires"
Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Intermediate

i like it..
Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
大日本帝国

For years I’ve been amused by the hidden prejudice comments people make like "rapper rims" so are you saying that there's a company that makes rims called "rapper rims" if so who?
And do you think you could afford those "rapper rims"?...
...Let me help you out so you don't have to make undercover racial comments, most "rappers" like big rims, why? Because they can afford them just like "country artist" like big trucks with big tires why? Because they can afford them. Both are very expensive but you only here criticism about those who have big rims but were not the ones riding around on big tires or making comments like "country singer tires"
There's no prejudice in saying that style of rims is "rapper style" since in EVERY rap/hip-hop music video their cars have them.

If so then we should be able to see that kind of money invested in your Acura, so show us how you spend your well invested dollars modifying your Tl to perfection.
NSX pistons, NSX brakes, 19" C5s, just to name a few. Colt's car is clean, no protruding lines, and although I don't like how his tails look, he did that as to not blow $450, at the time, to get Inspire tails, which I can understand.

Because they can afford them just like "country artist" like big trucks with big tires why?
I don't know if you've ever heard of off-roading? My bro has a slightly lifted truck on 33" wheels, does that make him a redneck? No, he likes to go off-roading, and camping, plus we need his truck to haul things everyday.

~Cheers~

P.S. You probably put those fender holes to be like a Buick, but did you know that Buick stole the idea from Maserati? Do you know what a Maserati is? We've got plenty of them here.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
For the record: I can afford quite a few cars, but I keep my '97 TL ( in addition to my other TL) simply because I like it. Now, having said that, I'm entitled to the opinion that I dont like your ride. Just not my taste. More power to you if you enjoy it though.

And I've done plenty of mods to my car..
Old 05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
大日本帝国

^ +1

~Cheers~
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,047 Posts
Not totally my style, but you've def done some work. I'm feelin the paint and the kit, and appreciate the work that went into it. I like the 20's, not the spinners but if you like it that's what matters. Most people don't put that kinda time, dough and work into their cars, so props for the work
Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Can I get someone to translate all these posts into English?

I'm also of the view: to each his own.

This is not "my" own by a long shot, but I can admire the efforts of someone who works hard and spends hard to make his car personal.

I wouldn't know how to classify it when explaining it to someone else. It's not really "ghetto" and it's not really "rice" .

Carefully crafted "Ghetrice" (in the best sense) You may have created a new genre.

But "art" is a personal expression and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

My eyes hurt. (I'm just sayin') You probably wouldn't like my TL. I can live with that.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM
B A N N E D

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Go90go
There's no prejudice in saying that style of rims is "rapper style" since in EVERY rap/hip-hop music video their cars have them.

NSX pistons, NSX brakes, 19" C5s, just to name a few. Colt's car is clean, no protruding lines, and although I don't like how his tails look, he did that as to not blow $450, at the time, to get Inspire tails, which I can understand.

I don't know if you've ever heard of off-roading? My bro has a slightly lifted truck on 33" wheels, does that make him a redneck? No, he likes to go off-roading, and camping, plus we need his truck to haul things everyday.

~Cheers~

P.S. You probably put those fender holes to be like a Buick, but did you know that Buick stole the idea from Maserati? Do you know what a Maserati is? We've got plenty of them here.

The taillights are temporary cause someone hit me switching lanes into my rear quarter and tailight. The light got cracked and the rear bumper ended up flying off the car and getting ran over. But i have inspire ones in my den sitting in a pile..

As far as argument.. Ill just leave it simple.

Motor.. 20 over c32 nsx pistons, all pink mains and rod bearings, shimmed oil pump. balanced rotating assembly, decked heads, extrude honed, and 3 angle valve job, bronze valve guides, web cam valvesprings, new seals, 70mm bored throttle body, custom downpipes, gutted converter, secondary o2 eliminator, 3 inch mandrel exhaust, msd dis 6 ignition, aem 3 inch cold air intake(removed for comptech icebox off an itr for stock look), remapped ecu, 8100 rpm rev limit, nos 150 shot wet (removed), weldon in line regulator, weldon inline fuel filter, walbro 255 pump, 3rd trans, (working on 95 legend gs 6 speed conversion already have clutch, and lightened flywheel, pedal assy, omni power larger oversized clutch master cyl, ecu, and shifter assy, need to locate trans.)

Suspension- Ground control coilovers(standard spring rates for now), koni yellow 96 accord 5 way adjustables(revalved for stiffer spring rates by performance alignment ohio, cusco rear upper pillow mounts modified off bb6 prelude.spc camber kit for front, custom delrin machined solid upper strut bushings., full counterbalance and counter weight performance alignment

Brakes- 95 nsx front calipers, goodridge stainless lines, carbotech brake pads, brembo blank 22mm 95 legend rotors, nsx master cylinder and booster, rear carbotech pads, rear brembo blanks, rear goodridge stainless lines, custom fabricated master cylinder brace.

exterior- shaved moldings, satin black powdercoated chrome trim, inspired motorsports full lip kit, inspired front grill, saber black housing headlights, inspire taillight, stock taillights smoked for now, smoked stock front turn signals, inspire side markers, inspire window visors, access japan rear lip spoiler, (currently the rear quarter is mangled and i need to repaint the car again midnight blue pearl for the 3rd time which i will do myself when time is available)

wheels- i had 19x7.5 racing hart c5 colormatched to the car, dazz matiz 18x9, volk le37 17. Now temporarily i have seneka sniper powdercoated satin black, 17x9 35mm offset with 245 45 17 kumho v700 ecsta r compound race tires, i also have ecsta mx for winter/ street tires when the v700s wear out since they are only 4000 mile 250 dollar each tires, I have already purchased 2 of my work vsxx 19x9.5 low dish wheels for the rear, i need to wait till next month to get the other 2 since they retail more than your entire set of wheels each. I am still deciding on what tire to run since many of the 19 inch tires are showboat tires and i am interested in a race tire since i drive the car hard.

interior- momo montecarlo mahogany wheel with polished center, optitron cluster, momo mahogany shift knob, rl shifter gate, recaro srd black itr front seats( use for video game chairs untill i have the entire upholstry redone in black alcantra suede dash like wrc cars have. so they match). Itr stock cd player, diamond audio hex component sets in front and rear, broadway 400 mm rearview mirror, inspire amber clock,

I also have a rotex supercharger i was going to put on my old mustang, i plan on machining brackets to make it mount where the battery was before i moved it to the trunk, from there i also will install cp 9.0 pistons and crower hyperbillett rods. Then run around 10psi. I need to complete the transmission swap first..

That should answer your questions. I "spend my money" on improving the car and making it more desireable, not putting altima lights in the bumpers and vegas strip club lights in the grill.

P.s. My black friend who i work with also would like to send his dissaproval of your car also, and thinks your an idiot for assuming im a racist because you poorly chose your wheels which are indeed lil wayne "stuntin like my daddy" rap video wheels.

There are also pictures randomly across this site in different stages of my assembly of the car and with the c5 racing harts when i placed 2nd at nopi nationals in 02. I dont really give a shit about shows though, i smashed the trophy on the ground as a joke(i was against honda acura all years luxury anyhow), and went to the show solely to spend time with my friends who work for vendors and the big companies in the industry.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155471

so if your intentions on being combative towards me on my oppinions were to call me out, i will elaborate my car will out handle, out brake, out accelerate, out preform, and outcost all of your modifications and "improvements" you have preformed on your RYDE.

I am not a nasa engineer though, however that would be nice. I am however educated with a college degree and partake in the real estate lockbox industry designing, repairing, and engeneering products for realtors to use daily. Would a nasa engineer be something to be ashamed of anyhow?

theres no use to even back and forth with you. You have your oppinion and i have mine. You can go on about your hot import nights show trophys also, i could care less about car shows. I build performance cars, not models.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 PM
大日本帝国

The taillights are temporary cause someone hit me switching lanes into my rear quarter and tailight. The light got cracked and the rear bumper ended up flying off the car and getting ran over. But i have inspire ones in my den sitting in a pile..
I had forgotten about that. After all, you DID post a thread about it, my mistake.

I am however educated with a college degree and partake in the real estate lockbox industry designing, repairing, and engeneering products for realtors to use daily.
Last year, I was sent a copy of the IR version of the lockboxes with the software running on the PalmOS, but not Windows Mobile. A buddy of mine wanted me to see if I could port it, but by the time I had a chance to even look at the paperwork, the original developer had started on a Windows version already... Forgot the name, though...

~Cheers~
Old 05-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

so if your intentions on being combative towards me on my oppinions were to call me out, i will elaborate my car will out handle, out brake, out accelerate, out preform, and outcost all of your modifications and "improvements" you have preformed on your RYDE.

I am not a nasa engineer though, however that would be nice. I am however educated with a college degree and partake in the real estate lockbox industry designing, repairing, and engeneering products for realtors to use daily. Would a nasa engineer be something to be ashamed of anyhow?

theres no use to even back and forth with you. You have your oppinion and i have mine. You can go on about your hot import nights show trophys also, i could care less about car shows. I build performance cars, not models.
OWNED!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

Lol.... Ignorance is contagoius
First of all Colt45 educate yourself and look up the difference between being prejudice and racist, I never said you were a racist I said you were making preduce comments, but if the shoe fits then wear it.
Regardless of what kind of spin you try to put on it making the comment "rapper rims" or "stunt in like my daddy rims" is a prejudice comment, unless you can say what company makes a rim called "rapper rims"
And those 60 paragraphs of jargon you wrote was full of could've should've and would've which proves my point.
Let me help you children out "you know who I’m talking to" not to long ago the largest size rim you could get on a car, truck etc room the dealer.....was 16's now you can get up top 22's and maybe higher for some cars, can someone please tell me which dealer can I get monster truck off road tires as an option??
And colt45 your car would definitely not out perform mine lol.
You might want to ask someone that went to the last Florida meet so you can get your "true facts"
And the reason I posted pics of those trophies was because I was told I never won a show in Miami, so I proved it, which is something you should try doing
Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 AM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Wheels that size are not a probable choice, considering the effects it has on braking, acceleration, top speed, and turning radius.

I don't have anything close to the mods that you, or Colt45 have, so I should have no right to join in this, but I still have the right to my opinion, correct?

My preferred style is that simple is best, and a car is meant to perform better before looking better. As my brother has just said, "Go is better than Show."
Old 05-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

need dyno slips or time slips from both of you guys then
Old 05-04-2007, 04:05 AM
大日本帝国

You might want to ask someone that went to the last Florida meet so you can get your "true facts"
And YOU might want to go back and re-read what he has done to the car. My car hasn't got half the custom work as his, and I'm sure that mine would've pulled a bus or two on you. Go to the track ( a real 1/4, not some 1/8 shit), run your car, and post your time-slip. With all those baubles on your car, you should be happy to see 17.1.

~Cheers~

P.S. Your car probably goes when you step on it.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:12 AM
大日本帝国

Oh, and I took out my sig by accident, here it is. Come close to my track time NA, no bottle, and I'll give you props.

~Cheers~

Quick Reply: New Pictures 20"s "Car show TL"