what do you guys thinnk about replaceing the A's with H's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what do you guys thinnk about replaceing the A's with H's?

Was thinking about going with the "H" honda emblems to replace the "A" acura emblems, but I want to know what peoples take is on this? And if anybody has done this already and have pics, please post. Opinions too.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
Yes there's been a few people that have replaced their grill with the Inspire or Saber grill, which has an H on it. I don't remember who exactly.

I think the 2.5 already looks a lot like an Accord so I wouldn't like it. But that's just my opinion.

BTW, do you ride an R1?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
if you are gonna do the conversion, make sure you do everything that goes along with it, not just the emblems
Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by wackjum
Yes there's been a few people that have replaced their grill with the Inspire or Saber grill, which has an H on it. I don't remember who exactly.

I think the 2.5 already looks a lot like an Accord so I wouldn't like it. But that's just my opinion.

BTW, do you ride an R1?
Yeah I ride a R1, I been on the R1-forum for years...maybe like 8 years, lol. and I just got so use to this username that I use it on all forums I have signed up to.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:12 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1
Was thinking about going with the "H" honda emblems to replace the "A" acura emblems, but I want to know what peoples take is on this? And if anybody has done this already and have pics, please post.
DO IT!!
Originally Posted by wackjum
I'm one of them.
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
make sure you do everything that goes along with it, not just the emblems
I did, with the exception of Inspire rims. They're fugly. Here are the pics:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...o/100_1542.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...o/100_1543.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...o/100_1544.jpg <-Resized.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...o/IMG_2120.jpg <-Resized.

Oh, and my avatar pic.

~Cheers~

P.S. Here's a pic of an Inspire from a press release. Notice the fugly rims:
Old 05-24-2007, 04:23 AM
First Gen 3.2 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
someone told me 96 civic H emblem fits perfectly?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:47 PM
B A N N E D

my access spoiler has the h already but i kinda think i may get the other access spoiler that goes around the ornament its less bubbly looking where it bolts to the trunk which is a big deciding factor in why i dont really like the one ive got..

Id do the jdm grill and the h badge if you wanted to. Im not into ornaments, i like my car with no badges, but the h's are better than the stock a's
Old 05-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Safety Car

I hate ornaments too **semi NWS pic below**

Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 PM
大日本帝国

HAHAHA, that VOLVO probably belongs to the president of the Association of Lesbian Soccer Moms, aka ALSM, or All Lesbians Should Meet.

~Cheers~
Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Replacing emblems is retarded. Who really cares whether the damn badge is an A or an H? Put your money in assets with real returns, not liabilities paid with debt. And don't waste your discretionary income on stupid letters for your 10 year old fully depreciated ride.

Best advise: keep and maintain what you have but don't waste hard earned money on making it look better than it is because in the end it won't be worth it.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:24 AM
大日本帝国

^ Well, I like the look of the Inspire grill better, and it's even MORE retarded to have an H in the front and an A in the rear. Besides, I don't like alphanumeric designations as they seem to lack emotion. "3.2TL" is a bit cold compared to "Inspire". I know MBZ has been using alphanumerics for ages but that doesn't mean I liked it. I don't know about your car, but when the bank checked the value of mine with KBB, I got a quote of $8,210 with 236,500 miles. Still worth something, unlike my buddy's Range Rover.

~Cheers~
Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Capricho
Replacing emblems is retarded. Who really cares whether the damn badge is an A or an H? Put your money in assets with real returns, not liabilities paid with debt. And don't waste your discretionary income on stupid letters for your 10 year old fully depreciated ride.

Best advise: keep and maintain what you have but don't waste hard earned money on making it look better than it is because in the end it won't be worth it.
why are you on this enthusiast forum then?

Who gives a damn about return on assets. I buy my wheels, i get crazy custom offset that only fits my car. I then paint them colormatched to the car.. When im tired of them ill throw them away or make coffee tables out of them.. If your initial intentions on building a car are return on money spent, you need to get into another hobby..

This is coming from someone with a good job, a home of their own, and money in the bank. Some things you just have to take a hit on.. You buy computer shit, within a year its garbage and 1/3 the price.. Thats just how the world works.Its just like when i go to get gas, its essentially me throwing away 60 bucks to do nothing besides drive.

And we are talking about emblems man. I dont really see that being a catastrophic costly modification.

Everyones got their own fancy.. I spend money on my 240 to have a 75% chance of driving it down a guardrail every day.. Who cares.. Lifes short and im satisfied.

shrugs..

I say diego, if you like the emblems, get them.. But..... If you put white ones on the rear c pillar like my boi "a-rydah", you are going to get shit from me.. haha

"assets with real returns, not liabilities paid with debt. And don't waste your discretionary income on stupid letters for your 10 year old fully depreciated ride." - That sounds like some complex sage francis lyrics..
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Well Colt, my car isn't a hobby of mine but this is just about the only place where I can find other people with the same car as me and there are times when I need to repair something and so this is where I go first if theres a problem. Occassionally I'll respond to inquiries and express my opinion. We all have 'em.

By the way I also really enjoy your posts. You're a funny guy and I busted up in laughter when I read your post about your etched vinyl rear tailight solution. That was brilliant writting.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
B A N N E D

haha yea that was back in the day..

I understand where you are coming from man.. I guess i misunderstood..

at least you saw the satire in it.. Most of my posts are to keep the viewers entertained.. haha..
Old 06-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Instructor

i think its stupid to out the H on the acuras. i know there all made by the same company but hondas a lower class of acura so why put a honda symbol on your acura.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Be kind to us truckers !

IMOP, Ricey!....to each his own....
Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by dreamweaver883
i think its stupid to out the H on the acuras. i know there all made by the same company but hondas a lower class of acura so why put a honda symbol on your acura.
because theres no such thing as acura in japan.. Honda, nissan, and toyota all created the alter egos of lexus, infiniti, and acura for status hungry american slobs that just seek nameplates to boost their self esteem and flaunt their purchase and reputation.

I think emblems are tacky period.. I dont care if i have a s55 amg tuned by renntec, i dont want that truck stop chrome plate shit stuck on my car.. That shits for the 50s studebakers and dorkass kids wanting to announce to everyone what they have.

First thing I did to my car was take that 3.2 tl gold shit off the car and spraypaint the emblem on the grill bbq black.. The same day we peeled the type r stickers off my friends new type r.

If you arent in the mood to shave the emblem holes or get a new grill, the honda ones look better..

I dont see how anyone could disagree the japan spec front tl grill looks better than the dorky american one. And if you do that grill, the rear badges wont match the front. So, honestly I dont see this being a ricey addition at all...

A ricey addition would be putting red or blue or yellow or white ones on the car, or adding an intake to your car just because it sounds cool, or using drop maxx springs cause they make the car look good but suck. Thats just my oppinion.. Ricey anymore is just a analogy for jealousy or low self esteem as far as im concerned.. I remember back in like the 90s when id get on hondatech or hybrid.honda-perf.org and everyone was cool and did shit for function or a unique classy look.. Anymore all the sites and populus is concerned with is status. Like some fuckin lil john rap videos.. Are they real volks or are they rotas type shit.. I mean im not the kinda guy that would buy my wife a cubic zirconia ring... Its just most dildos out there just do shit to have something to show off..

Im into drifting and shit, and i cant tell you how many queers have sick ass 240s with vertex kits, and mass suspension shit, sr swaps and dont even drive their car.. I myself am putting together something to spin off the road into a ditch and drive.. Anymore people arent concerned with motorsports or style beyond the pricetags.

Diego, the main points of building your car you are already following. You got some sick ass agressive offset wheels that are rare, your car is clearly subtle and clean. So theres no question in my mind that if you will add something "ricey", cause i know you wont.. In order for it to be rad and unique you just gotta go with your instincts. We all are different so we will have different ideas.. Do it up, do some wild shit, and enjoy it.. You will always have some honda-tech'er not liking it cause its not championship white with real volks or some shit..

Im not aiming this at anyone, i just feel its a valid statement for a question or mod suggestion like this one. just seems more or less the way the entire car scene has gone since it became the popular thing to do..
Old 06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Racer

yeah, I thought about it, I think I am just going to debadge the back, weld the holes, and repaint like you did...it looks real clean. then for the front, just take off the badge, and plastic weld the grill lines to fill in the hole after removing the emblem, so it justs a clean stock looking grill with no badge at all, without having the gap in the middle. I'll proably do it all when I color match the side skirts, and get a 3.2tl bumper.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
B A N N E D

ideas of a champion...

whatabout using a j spec grill to modify..

looks clean with the horisontal bars imo.. and mass on ebay for dirt
Old 06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I think it is stupid. If you wanted a "H" on your car you should have bought an Accord. You bought a luxury car for a reason.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
[/QUOTE]

WOW, that's just does not look right in any way
Old 06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
B A N N E D

Look at the fuss you created over this Diego. haha.. Now we know why junction produce makes 200 dollar ornaments..

We need to get our cars totally done, dumped on canovers side by side at Hot Carl (i mean hot import) nights, and put chevy emblems on them.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colt45
Look at the fuss you created over this Diego. haha.. Now we know why junction produce makes 200 dollar ornaments..

We need to get our cars totally done, dumped on canovers side by side at Hot Carl (i mean hot import) nights, and put chevy emblems on them.
haha, for real! lol.
I think I got good taste in picking which mods to do to my car, I was just kinda up and down with how "JDM" I wanted to make it. when I'm done, I think my shit is gonna be clean as hell(like it aint already haha), with most of the mods just being slighty different from stock form. IMO, Its the little almost unnoticable modes that make all the difference to me.

Colt, you figure out which offsets you'll be running yet?

18x9 23-26mm all around will give you fitment like this

I measured it out on my car, but mine is a 2.5tl, but of course the lip will be smaller than this lex, maybe like 3inch on our cars, which I think is enough.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1
haha, for real! lol.
I think I got good taste in picking which mods to do to my car, I was just kinda up and down with how "JDM" I wanted to make it. when I'm done, I think my shit is gonna be clean as hell(like it aint already haha), with most of the mods just being slighty different from stock form. IMO, Its the little almost unnoticable modes that make all the difference to me.

Colt, you figure out which offsets you'll be running yet?

18x9 23-26mm all around will give you fitment like this

I measured it out on my car, but mine is a 2.5tl, but of course the lip will be smaller than this lex, maybe like 3inch on our cars, which I think is enough.

OOOPS, I meant 20-23mm, but your gonna have to strech the tires, like a 215/35/19's on 9inch wide rims.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM
B A N N E D

That car is already on my computer background.. By far my fav on that thread.. The aristo with the shaved inner lights is ok also.. So is the black celsior with the jp kit, i think its the falker jp car actually. at least it looks similar with the scaras.

Anyhow, im running a 40mm low disk in the front with a 1/8 inch spacer. Im still stuck with the 40mm offset fronts cause thats what i bought. they are 8.5 wide so we will see. The lip is like 2 inches but oh well with the spacer it should be flush with the fender..

The rear im doing legend spindles and rotor conversion which takes 2+ inches from the wheelbase on each side. With that into play and adjustable upper ball joints, ill be doing around a -20 to -25mm offset rear 19x9-9.5 low disk..

then using 215 35 19 fk 452.. or 225 if 9.5

It should look absoloutely rediculous when its done.. I dont even know what to expect with a -20's offset and a 9-9.5 inch wide rim with a low disk as far as rear lip size. Id assume similar to the looks of the silver celsy...

Ive started building an s13 silvia also so it may be a time consuming process. The rear wheels and parts to swap the brakes are a must. I want to do them first to make sure before i order the rear wheels.. No idea what they will cost me.. Or who the fuck ill sell them to when and if im tred of them. being honda tl midnight blue metallic and all with a -20's offset.. haha

Ill keep you updated.. Your car is coming along.. I dont see myself doing the canovers anymore. but who knows.. Having another car i may just park it and dump the fucker on the coilovers. Then drive around dirtball drifter status, and go home to get the yakuza drug dealer car when im tired of the noise.

haha
Old 06-06-2007, 03:01 PM
B A N N E D

im guessing those are 20x9.5 and 20x10+ ame's with at least a offset in the teens or lower..

dudes car is fucking out of control..

is that a wald kit or what?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Advanced

i replaced my stock A's with colored aftermarket ones look pretty nice they stick out on ur car like a sore thumb ( sarcasm ) for u dumb fuckers who respond to stupid shit like that
Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 AM
大日本帝国

Hi longsta! How's lurking been? Your car doing ok? Glad to have you back with us!

~Cheers~
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
B A N N E D

haha..

I take it dudes been suspended or what?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
大日本帝国

^ No, he was just lurking... Gleaning info while not participating in any of the discussions. No worries as I'm sure we've all done it before joining up, hehe. I don't want to cause yet another thread to be locked (since that helps no one) so I won't say any more.

~Cheers~