weird start up

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 02:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weird start up

sup guys, pretty quiet around here lately. hope everyone's having a great holidays. well i got in my car today (to go buy a bag of sun chips...yummy) and the engine reved extremely high, like 3k rpm area for a few seconds. i haven't driven the car in three days and prior to that i drove it 400 miles to LA. it's happened a couple times before when i haven't driven my car in a few days. any ideas what may be causing this? i'm not too concerned about it, but just wondering.

it also feels really weird driving the car after a fews days of not touching it. the handling seems different or more responsive, weird. but it was nice to take the car out for a spin after staying home for so long.

another comment. went to the dealership to get the 52,500 mile check up and got two bottles of "redline" fuel additive for free. just wondering if anyone else got that for their cars. i still need to take the car in for the emissions control thing. anyone have any idea what they'll do? since i have an aftermarket exhaust would that void the emissions check up thingy? god i hope they're not ****s about it.

let's see what else....oh yeah my blue neon lights are on the way, bought it on ebay. it's blue. gonna install it over new years so i can show it off at the LA meet. oh yeah and the squeeking finally stopped for my suspension. i think it's the camber kit rubbing against something or maybe the busings. it's probably the bushings cause the dealer sprayed something in there and the noise was gone.

guess that's it for now, hope everyone's enjoying their rides and hope everyone got new toys to play with. happy holidays
Old 12-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like an idle control problem. i had the same prob. it's a warranty issue. get it checked ASAP......aloha....