An unbelievable car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006 | 03:58 AM
Burning Brakes

An unbelievable car...

I had the extreme pleasure today of driving the brand new 2007 BMW 335i coupe. All i can say is "holy SH*T". this thing was just....incredible. words can't even describe this car. it's got a twin turbo, 300 hp engine and it runs 0-60 in 4.9 seconds and yes, i can vouch for that. it was a 6 speed and the torque was just out of this world insane. the dealer drove it first and then let me get behind the wheel and while he was driving we went from a dead stop and he was slamming the gas. my chest was pushed back so tight and i leaned down to brush something off my pants and i looked back up and we were doing 80 like it was nothing. i got behind the wheel and we went up one of those circular onramps and i was in 2nd gear going 45 mph around this corner and the tires didn't squeel once and it was so balanced and in control and once we got on the highway i shifted into 3rd and got to 60 mph. we were at about 3000 rpm and he told me to punch it b/c nobody was around so i did. omg the torque in 3rd gear got us from 60 to 80 in just a couple seconds. we cruised at 70 in 4th gear and all the windows were shut and i cant even tell you how quiet and smooth the ride was. i couldn't hear anything except the engine. no roadnoise, no windnoise. it was just perfect. the amazing thing about this car though, aside from the power, was the brakes. i barely touched them coming off the highway and they felt twice as strong as when i slam my brakes on my 2.5TL. simply amazing. we got back to the dealership and i asked how much the sticker was. i almost crapped my pants when i heard. this thing, which is almost as quick as a M3, base prices at 40k. and that 40k gets you all the options you would normally have to order to the premium package ($1500) to get. the new TL starts at 33k but man, if i was spending around that much, there wouldn't even be a choice, i'd splurge and get that bimmer before i even took a second look at the TL. and for a coupe, the backseat is enormous and even comes with climate control back there not to mention the dash is lined with real wood, not fake acura wood. now i know people have written stuff about BMWs on this site before and everyone gives people crap about them. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get crap on this thread but until you guys drive this car, dont even say stuff. you have no idea how amazing this car is. it's an everyday driver, with room for 4, a chassis like you wouldn't believe (no body roll at all), and starts, almost fully loaded, at 40k. and i'm sure people are going to comment and say "bull! you're making stuff up, you didn't do 80! it doesn't have good brakes!". yes, i did, so believe it or not. and i'm not trying to compare the TL and the 335i b/c obviously they're in no way the same car but i just wanted to share my experience with you guys. so before you comment about how crappy BMW is or how expensive they are or whatnot, go drive this car b/c every car you drive after this is only going to leave you thinking, "why doesn't my car drive like that?"
Old 09-15-2006 | 08:20 AM
OMG! Oh N0ES!

i wish there were paragraphs in this thread.
Old 09-15-2006 | 08:51 AM
04 NBP 6MT

I wish I had $40k.
Old 09-15-2006 | 09:18 AM
RIP 97 3.2TL

Yeah I read about the new 335i in Car and Driver Magazine. Its very fast and elegant. But the '07 TL type S is just around the corner too. I think between those two and the new '07 G35 Sport, its gonna be close.
Old 09-15-2006 | 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

please repost in car talk...