transmitter for door locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:56 PM
veo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transmitter for door locks

Any ideas why the transmitter unlocks the doors but will not lock them? I put a new battery in the transmitter and it still will not lock the doors. It's annoying locking the door with my key. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by veo
Any ideas why the transmitter unlocks the doors but will not lock them? I put a new battery in the transmitter and it still will not lock the doors. It's annoying locking the door with my key. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
the only two things that i can think of is:

1. Your reciever in the car... the little censor that recieves the transmitter's signle is messed up... (but you say you can unlock so might not be the problem)...

or

2. Your transmitter is busted... the little button to lock the doors... if thats the case... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84352

Also, before you go and buy a new one... go cheap and first buy a battery for your transmitter... Mine busted and i havn't replaced it yet... so i don't know what type of battery... but you'll need a screwdriver... the ones that people use for their glasses...

Old 03-11-2005, 05:07 PM
veo
Instructor

Thanks for the advice. I tried the new battery but the lock button still doesn't work. I guess I need a new transmitter.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:17 PM
veo
Instructor

Also, when I press the lock switch down on the drivers door all doors lock except for the drivers door. This is annoying since I then have to use my key to lock the drivers door.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:08 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by veo
Also, when I press the lock switch down on the drivers door all doors lock except for the drivers door. This is annoying since I then have to use my key to lock the drivers door.
You have to pull the outside door handles and then press down the doors locks. I had to read the manual to figure that out.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by vanz
You have to pull the outside door handles and then press down the doors locks. I had to read the manual to figure that out.
When i manually lock my doors... i have to pull the door handle to the open position so that it can lock that particular door...

I miss my little remote thingy... heard they are like 60 to 80 bucks...
Old 03-12-2005, 12:11 AM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
wow.... i thought you always had to use your keys to lock the door cause it was like a back up or protection if you want to call it from you accidentially locking yourself into your car.

ill make note of that.. it was kinda a hassle having to use my key to lock the door esp if i had something in my hand like a bag from a fast food place
Old 03-12-2005, 12:39 AM
veo
Instructor

That seems like more work than using the key.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:52 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Yes it is, cuz you have to use both hands. You can also have the passenger push down their lock switch after the driver closes the door.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:56 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

My car didn't come with a transmitter....so I had to always lock the car these ways. I usually do the two hand thing, not sure why though. Maybe it's because I want to actually see the door go to the lock position.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Yes it is, cuz you have to use both hands. You can also have the passenger push down their lock switch after the driver closes the door.
i thought you made a typo by saying the outside door handle and the lock...

:shakehead nooo, you don't have to use the outside door handle... you can use the inside door handle (chrome/shiny)... pull it with your index finger and push down on the lock tab with your pinky finger... 1 hand... you don't need two hands to lock the door... all you need to do is just that... so you can have something in the other hand while you do it (gf's butt) like your cell phone... when i get my car i'll show you all what i'm talking about by taking a picture (not of my gf's butt)... other then that... go try it... all four doors should lock, including the driver side you used to lock it with... No key and just 1 hand... then just shut the door behind you...

Note: i'm not sure if the alarm sets itself with this... its better to use your key from the outside... Turn key to lock once... and then turn key again to lock to set the alarm... you should see the indicator light on your driver side door for the alarm blink...

I know because my little remote has been broken for about 3 years now...

I promise... i'll buy one this year and program it...
Old 03-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

My car didn't come with a transmitter....so I had to always lock the car these ways. I usually do the two hand thing, not sure why though. Maybe it's because I want to actually see the door go to the lock position.
you can always walk around your car to check the lock...

Besides... it'll also assure you no one has dented the other side of your car... since you never get in the passanger side... you never know of that family with 20 kids and a van have done...

guess its just a habbit of yours... pretty good habbit though...
Old 03-12-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
yea id like to see a picture of.. your gf's butt what you're talking about.. or maybe i should just go outside and try it out for myself
Old 03-12-2005, 11:51 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
i thought you made a typo by saying the outside door handle and the lock...

:shakehead nooo, you don't have to use the outside door handle... you can use the inside door handle (chrome/shiny)... pull it with your index finger and push down on the lock tab with your pinky finger... 1 hand... you don't need two hands to lock the door... all you need to do is just that... so you can have something in the other hand while you do it (gf's butt) like your cell phone... when i get my car i'll show you all what i'm talking about by taking a picture (not of my gf's butt)... other then that... go try it... all four doors should lock, including the driver side you used to lock it with... No key and just 1 hand... then just shut the door behind you...

Note: i'm not sure if the alarm sets itself with this... its better to use your key from the outside... Turn key to lock once... and then turn key again to lock to set the alarm... you should see the indicator light on your driver side door for the alarm blink...

I know because my little remote has been broken for about 3 years now...

I promise... i'll buy one this year and program it...
Wow didn't know that...I'll have to try that out. Learn new things everyday...that would be a lot easier.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:56 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

woohoo...it works! Thanks Spooks!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
veo
Instructor

Thats good info spooky. I didn't know that either. I'll use that from now on.
Thanks
Old 03-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by Mizouse
yea id like to see a picture of.. your gf's butt what you're talking about.. or maybe i should just go outside and try it out for myself
My GF will kick your and my ass...

If you try it for yourself... like vanz and veo did (assuming veo tried it)... you won't have to see this thread again... I won't be able to take a picture of myself locking the door until the beginning of april i think... Car is still in the shop and i'm in AZ about 500 to 600 miles away...