Taillights And Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 11:42 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillights And Air Intake

I just got my 96 2.5 TL....im lookin for clear taillights or sometype of euro style lighting....anywhere where i can get them....and for a air intake can i just use the honda accord AEM intake ...anyone have a scoop in there hoods....my friend i call be owns a teg...
its fast and hes good with cars... hes my mechanic... he wants to know how long the 3 inch tubing should be for the intake if it has to be custom made... ... so first im looking for different tail lights headlights.. anywhere you guys know of to get them or how to DIY.... and whats advice for intake solution... Im gettin custom headers made soon. 700 bucks with installation.. but they guy said if i advertise for EIP i can get like 20% off since they never have done a TL.. what other HP improvements can u make and crap

thanks
garrett
Old 07-19-2001, 01:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

damn your friend is making headers for you? that's tight, if the deal goes through put me down for one. as for the tailights, there's no alzzeta style lights for our cars, there's only the ones from INSPIRE where the yellow part is cleared out. there's nothing much you can do with the headlights other than clear out the yellow fog light and maybe do a HID conversion, but that's kinda expensive and not really worth it. Intake wise, i dont' know if the AEM intake pipings will work on our cars, you might have to custom make it. many of us on the board had it custom made and attached a cone filter to it. some even made their own CAI. As for the scoop, i don't know if that looks right on our cars. i like to think that our TL is a luxury car more than a muscle car. It might look tacky if you put an air scoop on the hood, but obviously to each their own, if you like the idea then go for it.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:02 PM
9th Gear

EIP is making my headers... there a racing place thats mostly volkswagon but they can do anything.. im making my air intake with my friend... hes done it a few times for a few cars and his dads a mechanic...but when i get my headers ill let everyone know how they are and stuff
Old 07-19-2001, 11:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

tight, if you can get the dyno results that'd be greatly appreaciated too. keep us updated man.