Springs? to good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Springs? to good to be true?

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=4084

http://store.streetbeatcustoms.com/ac32tl6cyl95.html

I was looking around for some lowering methods and stumbled upon these two sets of springs. Any have anything they could add? Are they good or will they sag in a year and blow struts?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by deadsetonlivin

I was looking around for some lowering methods and stumbled upon these two sets of springs. Any have anything they could add? Are they good or will they sag in a year and blow struts?
If you get lowering springs, its idea to get struts, cause the factory struts will usually blow sooner or later with lowering springs. Maybe you can get get away for a while with the 1" drop, but you'll barely even see a difference on ride hight.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1
If you get lowering springs, its idea to get struts, cause the factory struts will usually blow sooner or later with lowering springs. Maybe you can get get away for a while with the 1" drop, but you'll barely even see a difference on ride hight.
. also, the first one you linked is bad for 2 reasons.

1) you're going to absolutely blow the shit out of your struts if you drop 2.25".

2) it's dropzone. they're known for making a crappy product.

so if you dont plan on swapping the struts too, just dont get either spring because you're either not going to even notice a drop or it's gonna be too low and look/handle like shit.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I saw those springs (from Street Beat) a long time ago, but never mentioned it since they look pretty shitty.

~Cheers~
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Go90go
I saw those springs (from Street Beat) a long time ago, but never mentioned it since they look pretty shitty.

~Cheers~

Those are suspension techniques and they're not actually that color. They're pretty decent springs. I had them in my vigor last summer and they rode well.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by deadsetonlivin

The 1"inch drop will not affect you at all. I had my vigor lowered 2" on Suspension techniques with stock struts and they were fine. didn't blow at all.

If you go anything like 1.75" or lower you will definitely need aftermarket struts.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TL BABY
The 1"inch drop will not affect you at all. I had my vigor lowered 2" on Suspension techniques with stock struts and they were fine. didn't blow at all.

If you go anything like 1.75" or lower you will definitely need aftermarket struts.
why spend the money of the springs and then (probably) a professional installation if after everything's said and done, you wont even notice a difference in looks or handling? not worth it, imo.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt do over a 1.25 inch drop on stock struts. Beyond that you arent operating at the optimal travel for the factory strut. Let alone the dampening is totally off for different spring rates..

Its amazing how many different spring companys make springs. Id assume theres 2 lentghs made by one of the main spring manufacturers and all those mom and pop minitrucker shops buy them off em and powdercoat them green and blue and orange and fancy colors and give them a stupid name like DROP MAXXX or SUPA SLIZZAMD YO.

as far as im concerned, the optimal setup would be ground controls with accord rear perches in front and back, on koni yellows for an accord..

Otherwise, eibachs or something comparable for a like factory ride slightly lower on stock struts..

DROP MAXX AND SLIZZAMED YO's will just blow your struts and you wont know anyhow cause the springrates are so bizzarre you cant even feel it wheel hopping on every bump.

Im just saying this cause i assume theres something in most's agenda besides lowering.. If all you want is ryde height change yo, then cut the springs or heat them up.

ill be selling my ground controls and konis before long to get canovers, ill keep ya all in the loop.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE=Colt45]
Im just saying this cause i assume theres something in most's agenda besides lowering.. If all you want is ryde height change yo, then cut the springs or heat them up.

Cutting stock springs is neither a safe or smart option. That will blow struts in no time and you will have an unstable bouncy ride with poor handling.

"ill be selling my ground controls and konis before long to get canovers, ill keep ya all in the loop."

yea lemme know when you decide to do that? Do you still have the eibach's and if so what's the drop on them?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha.. dude i was being sarcastic. Cutting or heating the stock springs would give you a comparable ride to drop MAXXXXXXX'Z YO id assume..

I still have the eibachs with brand new acura struts i paid 900 for before i realized i could use the accord ones.. They have like 3500 miles on them, but im not selling them. If i ever make my car stock for any reason id assume ill need them, and if i have a mishap its nice to have backups..

The konis and ground controls however i will prolly sell in the future.. I have 2 sets of perches for them. Ones for a tl, and 2 sets of rear perches for a 96 accord. This way you can raise it accordingly with the shorter koni struts.

The eibach rides like stock, its just a little lower.. Like the rear end doesnt look absurd high with those 65 series or whatever boggers it comes with stock..

On a 235 45 17 it doesnt look too bad honestly.. fronts a little high.. I bet those on the konis would be a rad ass setup.. Look the fuck out compressing them shits though.. that shits for the birds.. accident waiting to happen..
Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 AM
大日本帝国

Found my old thread!! Exact same links it looks like, haha:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136159

~Cheers~

P.S. Damn, I posted it over a year ago...
Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 AM
大日本帝国

Hmm, I just clicked the link and Street Beat finally updated the pics...

~Cheers~