Some @#$!%! hit my car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005 | 12:19 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Angry Some @#$!%! hit my car!

Shit...just found out when I got out of my car to go to work. Didn't notice it getting in cause it was raining. Damnit...i'm pretty sure it was at work. I just don't know when. :angryfire
Old 03-23-2005 | 02:32 PM
Banned

where was it hit, and how bad is it? Take some pics. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 03-23-2005 | 03:29 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Went out during my 15 to see where else it was hit. I didn't get a chance to really look at my car cuz I was running late for work. When I went to check it, it wasn't that bad. I don't have a camera with me.

Somebody backed into my front. They just damaged my license plates and chrome plate covers really bad. Lucky thing there was only a dent on the bumper. I guess my chrome plate covers took all the damage. I took off the plates and took it into my workplace so that I can work on straightening it out. I tried the best I could, but it's still not straight. Bitches out there....fuck I gave so much space to the car in front of me, about 5 feet. I park far away from work for a reason.

This is petty though...I feel for you guys with the tore up bumpers and stuff.
Old 03-23-2005 | 03:30 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

I'm gonna look for the Camry that was in front of me.
Old 03-23-2005 | 06:40 PM
Hurricane Game

lol just make sure you don't do what your avatar is doing.....at least not yet. sorry to hear that bro.....people can be such retarded dumbasses that don't pay the least bit of attention or care about anyone's stuff but their own (if that).
Old 03-23-2005 | 08:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dubcnea
lol just make sure you don't do what your avatar is doing.....at least not yet. sorry to hear that bro.....people can be such retarded dumbasses that don't pay the least bit of attention or care about anyone's stuff but their own (if that).
haha that reminds me, today at school when i was walking out to my car this dumb girl backed into an explorer and drove out of the parking lot and stopped at a stop sign(there were 4-5 other cars in front of her). the owner of the explorer was there and he ran up to her car and said "you just hit me", she said "sorry, i didnt mean to" , rolled up her window, and drove off like nothing. i'm sure he got her liscense plate # and he has at least 2 witnesses.
Old 03-23-2005 | 09:03 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

My bumper is still scratched to s$%# from the f@#$!er that hit me during our Jazz Festival last year. Came back to my car and the alram had been set off. Couldn't see any damage at the time cause it was dark out, but next day washin it I saw the big scuff along the whole drivers side of the front bumper. I feel you dawg.
Old 03-23-2005 | 09:18 PM
Racer

what the f**k somone hit my ride too today!!!!!! that some shit first my wheel crack about two days ago, now my front bumber. shit whats going on!! its mostly the paint but this paint aint cheep, the dude that did my paint job said it will cost 200.00 too get it fix, then he told me if i was geting a kit, i said " infact i am tlxracer kit" he do the job for free if i let him do the kit for me. it sounds like deal so i relaxed a little but every time i look at my wheel and front bumber i feel like crying, the f**ced up part about it i didnt even see who did it.. so im with ur guys.. i feel the pain... man the pain hurts
Old 04-02-2005 | 03:40 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Angry F*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car got hit again last night on April Fools. What's going on??? I have been having a roll of bad luck lately. This is the most retarded thing ever.

Check this out. I parked my car at the transit center last night, first time ever, to catch the Max into Portland. This was around 6pm. I picked out a safe place to park my car, next to a side curb and under the light pole, so no one jacks my shit. This is a regular stall, not parallel parking.

When I returned at around 9:30pm, I looked from afar and thought, weird, why is a truck taking up two stalls next to my car. When I got a little bit close, I was thinking, how the fuck am I going to open my door. Then, as I walked up closer, a mother fucking Toyota Tacoma had plowed reverse end into my driver's side door and fender. The fucker just left his truck there. no note at all.

How the hell did he do that? It did not look like the car rolled backed into my car while in park, as the wheels were straight as can be. When the truck crashed into my car, it moved the front half of the car about seven inches are so to the right.

I called the cops soon after. It took them about 45 mins to show up. Then it took the cop another 45 mins to make the report. She gave me her business card with my case ID on it. When it was done, I walked to the nearest mini-mart, which fuckin took me an hour to go and come back, to get a camera to take pictures of the scene.

While looking in the truck, the driver seems to be a nutcase. Underwear, machete, picture of a face with the eyes cut out. Keys were inside the car, not in the ignition though. But the doors were lock. The truck look like it was stolen cuz it looked like it has been crashing into things. The driver side mirror was gone.

Damnit i'm still pissed.
Fuckin ruined my friday night.

haven't called the insurance company yet.....what should I do? The cop told me she is going to try and contact the owner of the vehicle and see if she can get insurance information from him. What if the guy doesn't have insurance?? Am I screwed? Shit....

sorry if the post doesn't make sense...
Old 04-02-2005 | 05:02 PM
Racer

dude u have bad luck
Old 04-02-2005 | 07:08 PM
Racer

damn that sux man.... im riding around with a crappy front bumper now too. i was changing oil and my dad comes out like damnnnn watd u hit....my heart jus sank. it dont look toooo bad but damn ppl r gay. i feel ur pain man
Old 04-06-2005 | 01:31 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

I feel depressed everytime I look at my car....
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:01 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Did they find the owner of the truck yet?!?!?
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:24 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

cop hasn't found any new info yet....she was off duty sat-mon. She called me last night saying she's working on it though.
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:25 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

I was talking to an insurance agent yesterday. She said that if the driver was uninsured, I have to pay a $300 deductible??? does that sound right?
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vanz
I was talking to an insurance agent yesterday. She said that if the driver was uninsured, I have to pay a $300 deductible??? does that sound right?
Depends on what kind of uninsured motorist coverage you have on your policy...
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:56 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Yup. I hope they catch that fucker! Make HIM pay it personally!!!
Old 04-08-2005 | 11:46 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

it's been a week since the incident. Cop hasn't found any new information....

Went to my insurance company's estimator and they put it under collision???? My car was parked. They estimated 1300 to repair. I have to pay a $1000 deductible if I go through my insurance company. They will only cut me a check for 300 bucks.

I'm going to bring my car to another body shop and see what they think.

The mother fucker better have insurance.
Old 04-09-2005 | 01:36 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Damn, sorry to hear about your streek of unluckyness (is that even a word ) Hope the other people have insurance... $1000 bucks ded. :shakehead thats a huge chunk of change there... all i can say is hopefully the other people have insurance so they can pay for the shit they did... I suggest that after you get the TL fixed... buy a $1000 civic... so you can drive around... and keep the TL garaged...

i hate people that hit and run... tell your insurance that it wasn't a collision... it was a hit and run... that no one was driving the car... no one was in the car... etc... try to get them to cover everything without you having to pay $$$... because that is if you have to pay for someone elses mistake...
Old 04-09-2005 | 09:12 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

The reason it wasn't a hit and run was cuz he left his car rammed against my car.....
Old 04-09-2005 | 10:39 PM
Racer

Damn... I can only imagine how you fell dude. I also went on a punching spree when I got a little dent on my front left fender.
Old 04-10-2005 | 11:17 AM
Advanced

I was ran off the road the other day. THis idiot almost hit i served to avoid, boom, right into a funckin curb. Bent the fuck out of alot of shit, control arm, maybe the knukle, an hopefully not anything more. The idoit drove away and my car was to fucked to catch him. So now im tearing everything apart. Anyone have a p/s control arm? And any help would be apprciated for this repair, cuz iv only owned my car for like 2 weeks.
Old 04-10-2005 | 11:52 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by FastHarry
I was ran off the road the other day. THis idiot almost hit i served to avoid, boom, right into a funckin curb. Bent the fuck out of alot of shit, control arm, maybe the knukle, an hopefully not anything more. The idoit drove away and my car was to fucked to catch him. So now im tearing everything apart. Anyone have a p/s control arm? And any help would be apprciated for this repair, cuz iv only owned my car for like 2 weeks.
damn man...sorry to hear that...2 weeks??? ouch.
Old 04-10-2005 | 12:33 PM
Advanced

Ya i was pissed. Stomach notted up and was gagging all night. Still feel like puking
Old 04-10-2005 | 12:34 PM
Safety Car

Ok if you want to hear bad luck, about two years ago when I first got my TL, I left it parked at a school parking lot.

This truck behind me caught on fire! It melted my bumper and tail lights. I had the tail lights replaced pretty quickly but the bumper I left to this day (one day somebody will rear end me and get me a new bumper).

His insurance refused to cover it. They said they investigated and found the fire was caused through no fault of his. So I had to go through mine and lost 500 on the deductible. I think the insurance companies fought it out but I never got my deductible back. Plus the paint on my backside is pretty strange if you look at it upclose.

You can't see it in the pics I posted earlier, but here it is:

Old 04-10-2005 | 01:00 PM
Advanced

Damn that sucks. I was going to file a police report but my insurance wont cover it since they never made contact and i hate the police. insurance is gay.
Old 04-19-2005 | 05:56 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

The plot thickens....

My insurance adjuster received message from the other insurance company respresenting the dude at fault. He denies responsibility. He lives 100 Miles away and said he wasn't in my town that night. The license plate matches the description of the vehicle I gave her though.
Old 04-19-2005 | 06:59 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Also, I just got my pictures developed.........aint looking too good.

The only camera I had that night didn't have a built in flash. No damn store was open, and the only one that was open only had this cheap ass outdoor camera.

I got jack for pictures of the incident. They all came up black. I would have thought the street light would have provided sufficient lighting to get some decent shots.
Old 04-19-2005 | 11:12 PM
Intermediate

yo I thought I had bad luck one night about a year ago I got a DUI I was able to convince the cop not to tow my car but after I got out of jail and went to pick car up it was gone had to be some real f'n pro's cuz they broke the window cut my alarm wires and had to have gone on one hell of a joy ride wrecked into the back of God knows what funking up the whole front end and both driver side doors heres where it gets better the insurance company probably didn't want to go through and fix the car so they called it a total loss paid the note off for me then gave me $3500 then asked me if I wanted to buy the salvage for $850... I did, bought the buni kit, doors from a salvage yard and bought the hood from the local Ack dealer after that just some minor body work some paint and as good as new still runs like a champ $1000 still came out of my pocket but shit the note was paid and the car is mine
Old 04-19-2005 | 11:26 PM
Registered Idiot!

Originally Posted by m0s3s
haha that reminds me, today at school when i was walking out to my car this dumb girl backed into an explorer and drove out of the parking lot and stopped at a stop sign(there were 4-5 other cars in front of her). the owner of the explorer was there and he ran up to her car and said "you just hit me", she said "sorry, i didnt mean to" , rolled up her window, and drove off like nothing. i'm sure he got her liscense plate # and he has at least 2 witnesses.
The first day I drove my car to school I came out and someone had went down the side of it. Luckily it was just grazed and a little elbow grease got most of it out. My point is it was probably some dumb ass similar to this girl. So help me I don't know what I would have done if I saw someone do that and then drove off.
Old 04-20-2005 | 12:54 AM
'97 2.5TL Premium

Originally Posted by TLknight
yo I thought I had bad luck one night about a year ago I got a DUI I was able to convince the cop not to tow my car but after I got out of jail and went to pick car up it was gone had to be some real f'n pro's cuz they broke the window cut my alarm wires and had to have gone on one hell of a joy ride wrecked into the back of God knows what funking up the whole front end and both driver side doors heres where it gets better the insurance company probably didn't want to go through and fix the car so they called it a total loss paid the note off for me then gave me $3500 then asked me if I wanted to buy the salvage for $850... I did, bought the buni kit, doors from a salvage yard and bought the hood from the local Ack dealer after that just some minor body work some paint and as good as new still runs like a champ $1000 still came out of my pocket but shit the note was paid and the car is mine
wow, your luck turned around really quick. And look at your car now....hella sweet
Old 05-31-2005 | 08:59 PM
'97 2.5TL Premium

UPDATE:
It has been two months, and I am finally going to get a check to fix my car. What I found out was that the person at fault did not have insurance at the time of the incident. He probably went out to get insurance after the cop was calling his ass. He never picked up the phone to talk to them, so they just left messages. So when a cop went to his place, he had already set up the insurance.

My insurance is only going to cut me a check for 1200 bucks or so, and I have to pay a $200 deductible for uninsured motorist. This does not include the cost of the door shell if it needs to be replaced. But I am pretty sure it needs to be cuz i have a hard time closing my door, and when I open it, it pops open like soda can.

Why do we have to pay for insurance when mofos like these can just get away with this kind of crap. The cops probably won't do anything. They might fine him a couple hundred dollars or maybe suspend his license, but they gonna drive anyway.

I can't believe this took 2 fuckin months!!! Couldn't they have found out earlier if this guy was not insured???