questions on honda emblem conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions on honda emblem conversion

aight, i got a 96 2.5tl, I've had for almost a year now, im thinking about doing the jdm honda emblem conversions on front and rear. but i gotta few questions if any one could help? if I replace the acura emblem in the rear with the honda one will the honda emblem fit in the holes that are already there? or will I have to shave them off and just glue it on? and I know the front the back of where the emblem is its like shaped to the acura logo, any ides on making this fit? of will the honda logo stay glued on pretty well? thanks for any responses!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Jackie Chiles

I hate to say this but I'm still baffled by the fact that some of you guys like to change your emblems from Acura to Honda (I'm well aware that Honda and Acura are the same). I'm not trying to insult anyone but that just seems plain stupid to me. It's like a step down in class and rep...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in japan acura TL has an H emblem. Our car is IMPORTED from japan to the states so whats wrong with having the H emblem if it was there in the 1st place??
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Safety Car

Sorry, forgot to reply. The holes for the "A" will not align with the pegs of the "H" You have to cut/shave the pegs and just stick it on as you cover the holes. The emblem "ACURA" and "2.5TL/3.2TL" has no holes behind it.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Advanced

thanks tlballer, what about the front one, its like shaped for the A, can i fit a H over it? or will it fit kinda funny?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLBaller
The holes for the "A" will not align with the pegs of the "H" You have to cut/shave the pegs and just stick it on as you cover the holes.
not true...

here's the part number for the "H" emblem that will fit exactly into the holes:

part #75701-SK7-040

i got mine on and they fit perfectly!

the part number above is the same part number they use for the Inspire/Saber in Japan.

as for the front i'm not sure which "H" emblem will fit over the "A".
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by flipskatemer
I hate to say this but I'm still baffled by the fact that some of you guys like to change your emblems from Acura to Honda (I'm well aware that Honda and Acura are the same). I'm not trying to insult anyone but that just seems plain stupid to me. It's like a step down in class and rep...
Our car is IMPORTED from japan to the states so whats wrong with having the H emblem if it was there in the 1st place??
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Intermediate

how much could it cost just to fill those holes and repaint to the exact same color match or as close to it as possible...

What do ya'll think of personalized emblems???
Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Intermediate

Tballer how did you take your emblems off???
Old 07-15-2005, 02:44 PM
All about JDM

I agree with TLBaller. I didnt put the H simply because I like the A. If or When i ever get the Azect grille the only Acura thing im gonna have is the A on the back. I wanna keep it there so people are like Acura Inspire??? WTF is that? lol.
But if you honestly think about it, the only thing "Acura" about our cars are the emblems and steering wheel lettering. Ohh yeah that that shit written over our cassette deck. Other than that its 100% Honda.
Using the part number Acurasnake gave you, there wont be any holes to fill.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Jackie Chiles

I understand that everything you guys said is true. I already knew that. However, it doesn't change the fact that most people who see your car on the streets do not know this. They think of Honda when they seem that emblem, the obviously less luxurious of the two... And that's a big deal - what other people think of your car (obviously not the most important, which would be what YOU think; so do what you want, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me).
Old 07-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Racer

first off the acura vs honda thin has been argued to death already. some people like it, some do not, lets leave it at that. now to answer ur question, yes the back can be done so that the holes fit as mentioned before. the front ive never seen done properly yet. it looks reallie weird when u just swapped the A with the H in the front. i would like to no if this is possible also tho.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Advanced

hey acurasnake, where did you buy that honda emblem ? or does anybody know a good website to buy OEM honda parts
Old 07-16-2005, 01:43 AM
LDH
I

Originally Posted by flipskatemer
I understand that everything you guys said is true. I already knew that. However, it doesn't change the fact that most people who see your car on the streets do not know this. They think of Honda when they seem that emblem, the obviously less luxurious of the two... And that's a big deal - what other people think of your car (obviously not the most important, which would be what YOU think; so do what you want, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me).
most people that see first gens on the street don't even know it's an acura
Old 07-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Acurasnake
not true...

here's the part number for the "H" emblem that will fit exactly into the holes:

part #75701-SK7-040

i got mine on and they fit perfectly!

the part number above is the same part number they use for the Inspire/Saber in Japan.

as for the front i'm not sure which "H" emblem will fit over the "A".
thats odd. I went to the parts dept at a honda dealership and asked for an h for a 97 accord. I figure since my car is a 97, all the emblems of that year are the same size (the later hondas have bigger H's). Anyhow, I aligned the pegs with the holes in my trunk and they don't fit! I didn't feel like clipping the pegs and just stick it on so i gave that shit away. I may go buy it again and clip it this time or take your part number and give it a shot.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MILKILOS
Tballer how did you take your emblems off???
MATERIALS: hair dryer, dental floss/fishing line, 3M adhesive remover (can be bought at walmart in the car cleaner area), a rag, and a hot summer day.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) make sure you do this after the car has been sitting in the sun for hours b/c this will help in the process.

2) plug in your hair dryer and make sure its on high heat. Blow it downwards pointing it towards the back of the emblem. Blow it until you can feel it starting to come loose as you gently tug on it.

3) spray the 3M adhesive remover on the hot adhesive as you hold a rag beneath the emblem. The rag is to prevent the adhesive from running down your paint.

4) Let the adhesive penetrate the glue for a few minutes and then check to see if it is more loose. (Don't start yanking it totally off just b/c you feel it more loose also do not use the hair dryer as you're waiting for the adhesive to do its thing. Doing so will dry out the 3M remover)

5) Now use the fishing line/dental floss to gently slide it behind the emblem but make sure both ends of the fishing line/floss are pulled towards you as you "see-saw" side to side. The reason to try to get in btw the adhesive and the emblem itself is to prevent paint peeling off your car if the glue is still not hot yet.

6) If it is still stubborn, continue steps 1-5 again. Remember, be patient and do not yank it off until you think it is ready to come off safely. Do this at your own risk!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by blako_the_great
hey acurasnake, where did you buy that honda emblem ? or does anybody know a good website to buy OEM honda parts
to purchase the "H" emblem, you can go to any Honda dealer and just give them the part #75701-SK7-040.

thats odd. I went to the parts dept at a honda dealership and asked for an h for a 97 accord. I figure since my car is a 97, all the emblems of that year are the same size (the later hondas have bigger H's). Anyhow, I aligned the pegs with the holes in my trunk and they don't fit! I didn't feel like clipping the pegs and just stick it on so i gave that shit away. I may go buy it again and clip it this time or take your part number and give it a shot.
yeah i thought about getting the "H" from an accord too but the "H" emblem that fits into the holes on our cars are from the 2000 civics!!