Plz help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 09:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Plz help

hi everyone,

I have been checking out this website for a few weeks now and am getting excited about the purchase of my '96 2.5tl. This fourm is clearly the authority on TL's and all your info has been appriciated so far. I have a problem though. The tl i plan to purchase has "cylinder head damage", thus the $2000 price tag. I am buying it from a trusted family friend, so i know that is all that is wrong with it. Everything else is in AWESOME condition. how much do you guys think it will cost to have the cylinder head fixed / replaced? do you even think it is worth the buy? thanx in advanced, and sorry bout the novel!:p
Old 07-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you do it yourself, not much. It could cost upward of $2k if you have a dealer do it. Good news though, you can use a Acura Vigor head ('92-'94) or a 2.5TL head ('95-'98). Check ebay, http://hap.com or a local wreaker. Take it to a head shop if it has high miles (over 100K), and have it done and checked for cracks and warping. One overheat can cause a crack or warpage. You could replace the head yourself in about 3 hours (or less).