opinions on these speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:06 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
opinions on these speakers?

Hi everyone, just got a 3.2TL last week and am loving it thus far. Only problem I've got is that my back right speaker rattles like it's been blown. I had my last car stolen, and I really like the stock audio in this car so I plan on leaving it as close to stock as I can, but I'd like to replace the blown speaker.

Normally, I know it's proper to replace speakers in pairs, so I did a little searching here and decided that I should get a pair of 6 x 9 speakers for the back deck. I figured I'd get 2-ways as I've already got the tweeters and midranges in the front by me, and I won't necessarily need any enhanced mids in the backseat. After a bit of searching, I came to a conclusion on JBL GTO927's - crutchfield said they'd fit and I can spare the 80 dollars. Just wondering if anyone had a better recommendation before I pulled the trigger.

Crutchfield Page

I listen to mostly rock, but also some rap and I figured those would give me pretty good bass response without having to get into the subwoofer game.

thanks for your help!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if that's what you want, then go for it. as far as the rears are concerned, it's a horse a piece. the only issue people have had before is with the 3-way speakes being too large to get the speaker grille to fit but since you're getting 2-ways it's irrelevant.

also, why do you say you can spare the $80? the speakers on crutchfield are listed at $130...

anyways, check sonic electronix. they usually have cheaper prices than crutchfield.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7430.html
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Those specs don't seem too bad... I had expected those to be mid/high but I guess they're not. Go for them and post back on how you got on!

~Cheers~
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM
8th Gear

i say 80 because that's what i found on ebay, thanks for the site referral though. I really just ask because I know nothing about car audio and was just making sure i wasn't overlooking anything simple.

thanks guys.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Burning Brakes

most likely (unless you order from a company that includes them) you'll need speaker adapters. if you look in your trunk at the bottom of the speakers where the connection is, it's just a plug. the new speakers wont have a plug, so you'll need to get an adapter. they're very easy to install, you just plug them into the stock ones and connect the other end to the speakers. you can get them at circuit city for like $8 a piece.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You don't have to get 2ways. The stock wasn't 2 way but if you want an enhanced sound (more enhanced than stock) then by all means go for it. I'm just afraid the stock grill won't cover the 6x9 b/c of the protruding tweeters.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Instructor

if u can get the infinity kappa, it'll be worth the investment.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zcmack
Hi everyone, just got a 3.2TL last week and am loving it thus far. Only problem I've got is that my back right speaker rattles like it's been blown. I had my last car stolen, and I really like the stock audio in this car so I plan on leaving it as close to stock as I can, but I'd like to replace the blown speaker.

Normally, I know it's proper to replace speakers in pairs, so I did a little searching here and decided that I should get a pair of 6 x 9 speakers for the back deck. I figured I'd get 2-ways as I've already got the tweeters and midranges in the front by me, and I won't necessarily need any enhanced mids in the backseat. After a bit of searching, I came to a conclusion on JBL GTO927's - crutchfield said they'd fit and I can spare the 80 dollars. Just wondering if anyone had a better recommendation before I pulled the trigger.

Crutchfield Page

I listen to mostly rock, but also some rap and I figured those would give me pretty good bass response without having to get into the subwoofer game.

thanks for your help!
hey man i can get u some 6 x 9's way cheaper than $130.00
how about :
1.rockford fosgates 2 way model number p1692 for only$100.00
2.alpine 3 way speakers for only a $100.00