My UA update

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 AM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well ill go take some shitty cell phone camera pictures since you dudes love them shits and i didnt grab the camera.

no heaters in the rsx ones but i think you could take them out of you wanted to. i just didnt care. honestly you could put the rl seats in there too or new tl seats, i just didnt feel like searching. I got these for 300 bucks off some guy locally that swapped his rsx interior to black. I really sacrificed here. from the start i wanted charcoal or modded charcoal to black interior on my car. Prolly gonna peel the 50 percent tint off the front windows and limo it all out now though.

contemplating doing a gnarley ass exhaust tho. Like thinwall burns stainless 3 inch 304 mandrel bent, burns stainless muffler, and a turndown before the lower control arms. not even out the back.

Only real other items i need to get are better looking headlights and better looking taillights. besides that, its just stuff that needs to be refinished. Id have finished this car a long time ago, i just got that accord for a daily driver, fixed it, parted that integra out, am putting my civic hatchback together, and bought this ls1 fc. Shit just got me a little sidetracked. Once i get everything situated, id assume it will be another royal flush of mods at once and its done.

My friend is shooting it when its done, and a close friend of mine at jhpusa is good friends with the editors of superstreet and they seem to think its just as cool as you guys do. What can i say, i guess my ideas dont suck afterall. haha

hopefully before thats done i could get some more done to my fc tho, it would be cool to have like a 2 car deal. but im prolly wanting too much, either way who cares, its fun for me so whatev. Too bad jspec tl and diego live far away, i think these 3 cars together would be a dope ass shoot since we all have the vip thing going.

Ill charge my lg phone up for some high def finger paintins here in a second.

and on a side note, it looks like the wings west rear lip for my 99 accord may fit on the ua tl rear bumper so ill take some shots of that for you to ponder.

hopefully this message posts ive had the hour glass for 8 mins on a cable internet connection.def not typing it again if this locks up
Old 06-14-2008, 10:00 AM
B A N N E D

heres plenty of angles for you.

The spot in the passanger seat is just because i was leaning on it with my elbow cleaning the dash and it left an indentation while the pics were taken.

i have not even started to clean the carpet yet either. these are just so you can see the seats in the car. i have not even started making the brackets.

i can tell you the seats are half as heavy as the stock ones though. especially the drivers seat.

haha

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
B A N N E D

cool walkby shot

and some of the fc

and my boys bmw we put the wheels on the other day taken in my office

Old 06-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

thats a lot of lawn to mow. those RSX seats look good.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:21 AM
B A N N E D

mow?

nigga this aint roots, i pay some dude 150 a month to do that shit for me.

no time for that jazz, 150 is cheaper than monthly community fees for a condo and my dudes got space to drop turds in diff spots each day. Not to mention i dont share walls with anyone.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
B A N N E D

possible sale pending on my rear wheels.

12 week wait for

20x9 -28mm ultra low disc vs-xx

-1.5 more rear camber, toe at 0, raise rear 1/4 inch

225 30 20

id have to throw down like 500 more to get them

boyd coddington one of a kind type shit that no one has seen on this car FOR SURE

hmmmmmmmmmmm

im contemplating dissasembling the hub and machining the spindle shaft shorter or using another one, i think i have a way to take even more offset off. if i can get a wheel made i could do like -35- -40mm hahaha 8 inch lip

prolly would look retarded over the 20 fitment i chose tho
Old 06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is that also your lifted XJ on page 7 with the RX7? I wanna see that too!

Nice job on everything. U are gifted and creative.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 AM
B A N N E D

no thats my best friends xj. Its for sale also.

its the last year of that bodystyle, under 70k miles, and a 5 speed 4.0 which is mega rare. Co2 lockers, 10 point cage, biased ply beadlocks, high steer setup, 2 winches... Most people see it and think its a old ass one. but its like a 15k$ 99 or some shit haha

theres a group of about 5 of us that have been friends since we were little kids, and we all have projects similar in objective.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey man it's been a while since anyone posted on here, but I just wanted to say that I randomly came across some 2nd gen Type-S seats(front and rear), and it looks like it's the exact same thing as our 1st gen seats, except that the leather is actually black instead of charcoal and the headrests look different. So instead of reupholstering everything, maybe it would be worth to just buy those seats.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 PM
B A N N E D

mr tl has moved to the shitty laid back part of the garage though. need to finish building this motor for my hatchback shell, and sell it. then ill paint the tl and finish it with the jackpot. then shoot it for ????????????. I talked to an editor from ????????????????who was willing to send someone out to ohio to take pictures of it once its finished just from seing it in build stages. Soon as its done, sell it, then turbo that rx666. I dont need 3 cars and this shit is a little model car, you cant drive it anyplace.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i will be so sad to see this car go when u sell it... seriously one of a kind...
Old 07-19-2008, 05:37 AM
B A N N E D

its not meant to be impressive. Its my daily driver. i have 4 other cars to be impressive with. if i wanted to get white knuckles from it also, id just buy a wrecked type s and swap the entire car onto the accord frame. Then id have another honda to run 13s in instead of flipping the switch and running 9.80s in my fc whats the point? Besides, after paint and body there isnt anything else significant i could do to the tl. everything has been done to it. anything else is major fabrication with no reward at the end of the tunnel. its a 4000lb car, with a 6 cylinder.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Colt45
its a 4000lb car, with a 6 cylinder.
+100

I'm just saving up for suspension and paint.

~Cheers~
Old 08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
B A N N E D

Still saving for paint and interior. Hint Hint.. Not cheap. Not anything less than flawless paint is going on this car. House of Kolor Midnight Blue Pearl

Heres some recent pics.. just a lil more and its time to go to the bodyshop.

My FC has turned into a monster fab job, so ive spent alot of my free time on it and building the engine for my civic race car.

Anyhow heres some pictures since you dudes love pictures..

heres the fc

Before my current fab work (twin t78's) 418ci lsx block

Engine for my 1600lb 93 civic hatchback

specs

b18c1 block bored 82mm .0014 piston to wall clearance
plastiguaged all clearances on bearings with perfect fitment using all green bearings
p30 jdm 82mm os pistons w/ rings floating wrist pin converted
shot peened p72 rods
stock deck height w arp head studs
factory crank w ctr pulley and aasco 8lb flywheel
action 6 puck sprung clutch
b18c1 98 gsr head competition alaniz port and polished core
ferrea stainless valves stock size
skunk 2 pro series springs
skunk 2 pro series retainers titanium
skunk 2 pro series intake manifold
jun 3 cams
hytech big tube custom shop header
ats 5.077 final drive
gsr trans
jdm itr lsd
50 hp dry nitrous kit
310 injectors
p28 ecu
chrome tune
8 gal fuel cell
255 fuel pump
jdm ctr n1 5 lug w 36mm axles
26x8x15 mickey thompson sportsman radial front tires
apexi n1 pro circuit 07 coilovers
massive weight reduction 1600lbs wet. unsafe with no cage. but its not for the track or traffic its built to slaughter riceboys on the street 0-120 at night in low traffic.

fc in progress. stripping all sound deadoner, removing rear hatch for lexan, fuel cell goes in rear floor not where its sitting, have single recaro pole position black leather with charcoal suede center, sparco monza suede steering wheel, and stack cluster on the way..

ill get you some pics as i put the gsr motor together. I need them anyway for doccumentation of whats done to it.

sorry no updates for the tl. its in the way anymore so i need to get it finished and sell it. or do something with it.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn you gotta get some pix of your go kart civic.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, your TL looks insane, can't wait to see the finished product.

And also could you tell me what is the price range to repaint the TL, say from the normal Acura/Honda paint to the top of the line that you're planing to get? My car's rusting to shit, so I plan to get that fixed and possibly repaint the car, but I've no idea how much that costs.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:15 AM
B A N N E D

$5000 but both of my rear quarters are getting replaced and there will be little to no filler on the whole car. Not to mention the dudes painted cars in the concours de elegance and barrett jackson.

Id do it myself, but i dont have the time or the patience to paint this whole car myself a 3rd time, let alone the room. Someone else can deal with it and ill just get my money back when its sold.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:31 AM
B A N N E D

some neat effects fo yo backgrounds.

still cant delete your own posts in here. that sucks balls, cause id delete all the meaningless babble in here just for the build...
Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts

some neat effects fo yo backgrounds.

still cant delete your own posts in here. that sucks balls, cause id delete all the meaningless babble in here just for the build...
let me know what you want deleted and i can clean up...
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 PM
B A N N E D

I guess any of that stuff about what im gonna do or plan on doing, or what car is fast or whatev. just keep the updates on the tl, and the other car stuff for people to look at. I just dont think alot of em care about some of the stuff that makes it 8 pages ya know..

I would have just made this a build file since im building 4 cars at once pretty much. Orig i didnt plan on adding the other cars, but alot were facinated by the fab work so i just figured id show the rest of my work and rationalize why the tl has lacked on updates lately.

Thanks man!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow dude that is pretty impressive what you did to your tl. I have a question. I see you used alot of honda parts to put on your tl, idk what the deal is with honda and acura...does honda make acura? also how would i determine what honda part i can purchase and install on my tl? Because i have looked around and there isnt really much acura tl aftermarket parts.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by l00l0ll0
wow dude that is pretty impressive what you did to your tl. I have a question. I see you used alot of honda parts to put on your tl, idk what the deal is with honda and acura...does honda make acura? also how would i determine what honda part i can purchase and install on my tl? Because i have looked around and there isnt really much acura tl aftermarket parts.
Yes, Honda makes Acura and 90-97 Honda Accord parts fit our car...most of the time and also sometimes with mods needed to fit the part.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
B A N N E D

I am going to cut the stock lower control arms off this weekend i think. Once i get them off i can mic how thick the bushing part is that fits between the subframe on the rear cross member/chassis. Ill prolly have to mill a 1/16-1/8 off the bushing to make it clear just like i had to do to the toe arms.

Once i get them on i want to extend the lower control arm about 1 inch over stock. Then i planned to take the upper adjustable control arm (
) and mill about a quarter inch off the center nut shaped section. I then will be able to shorten the top control arm about 1.5 inches further back from where its setting now. Then i will have to adjust the toe arms to compensate for the suspension alignment. I want it at about .8 IN toe on each side in the rear.

Prolly end up right around 3.5 degrees of camber with about 2 inches more for clearance up top.

I will remove the outer 3.5 inch vsxx lip (polished section), and replace it with a 5.25 inch outer lip. End up with a 10.75 inch wheel on a fwd honda with stock fenders and no wide body garbage. Still driveable, just mad camber wear on tires.

10.75 wheel, prolly end up running like a 245 or 255 35.. Dunno, ill cross that line when i get there. Ill post up pics of the even more bizarre fitment when its arrived.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
B A N N E D

If someone out there throws me a decent offer for this car ill sell it to you right now as is.

decent offer means keep in mind ive put over 15,000 in parts on it in 2 years and a half and its been driven 377 miles with them according to my records.

Id love to continue with it, and just may if i dont get any reasonable offers, but as of now I need to space for my race cars. I had the 5500 saved for paint and ended up buying rx-7 parts instead so that should show you how much ambition ive lost for it.

pm is the key
Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
sad to see this tl to let go. this car was heck of modification one of true vip
Old 09-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Cruisin'

If someone out there throws me a decent offer for this car ill sell it to you right now as is.

decent offer means keep in mind ive put over 15,000 in parts on it in 2 years and a half and its been driven 377 miles with them according to my records.

Id love to continue with it, and just may if i dont get any reasonable offers, but as of now I need to space for my race cars. I had the 5500 saved for paint and ended up buying rx-7 parts instead so that should show you how much ambition ive lost for it.

pm is the key
How much do you want for it? idk what to offer or what i can pay but i live right by you off butler warren rd. you live in west chester right?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM
B A N N E D

Someone offered me redic money for it painted and finished so i guess ill finish it.

Mass bizarre look coming soon though, lots of changes.

Just needed some motivation.

How do you know i live in that area?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

I could tell by some of ur old pics that were at the church by hopewell right?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:59 PM
B A N N E D

yea. thats about as far as that car gets driven. haha..
Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
B A N N E D

license plate box thingie. Tinted so i can turn the light off and even headlights shining on it will not make anything visible. Misted black now and the alum brackets are painted black..makes tail light look like one solid piece across.

fuel system for engine. Nitrous fuel system is seperate.

mondo expensive leather recaro pole position seat and Fia Cert. F1 willans harness

nardi deep corn suede wheel

soon to come... turbo kit like yayy..

ill post up some pics of the dash now that its done when i get a chance.

this build is why my tl is taking so long. Putting this together and buying parts for it at the same time along with my hatchback.

too many carsssssss not enough timeeee..
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
B A N N E D

in those pics i have a fuel cell frame thats not pictured that slides into that hole so the fuel cell bolts into it tightly and looks flawless.

alot of this is under construction..

oh i forgot i got a 200 shot of nitrous on it till i pull the motor to put the turbo kit and shortblock/trans into it.

pictured on f body camaro

and got 295 45 17 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial rear tires.

high 8s or bust tryin. wait till i sell the tl though mmmmmmm dead by 30 for sure

Last edited by Colt45; 09-29-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
coming out great
Old 09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Instructor

i like where this is headed haha, colt45 you have great style, and btw why don't you work on cars (i.e. fabricate) for a living...or is that your main means of income?
side note----> think youll take it to the track when finished?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
Colt you are a beast!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Str8 Home built

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Dam Colt your work is hell of clean keep it up.....
Old 09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
B A N N E D

i dont fab for a living, id love to but i dont have the space or time. That and my real job pays much more and is alot less stress.

Maybe if i was out west, id love to do it. Maybe if i had the oppertunity i would do it. But here in ohio, that career path seems to be a bad idea. The climate is seasonal, the kids are mostly all fucks with no good ideas or no money.

In a perfect world, id like to be the guy that takes nicholas cage's ferarri and puts the dopest cf 1 off body kit made for it on there, puts a turbo kit on there, chooses the wheels and builds it. I dont like when someone comes to me with their shitty ideas and wants some nonsense. I guess more or less i design the shit how i like it and want it.

So, no i dont do this shit for a living. I do it to my own fleet of cars, and my close friends from years and years of knowing's cars.

Thanks for all the nice comments doods. ill try my best to keep you in line with the updates. I have not given up on the tl, i just am not doing some shit twice, so ill take my time on it.

Id stay to chat but ive got more parts to fab tonight.. adios
Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 AM
B A N N E D

drew on some dust and shit. figured you dudes would like to check it out. Sanding the entire car down and disassembling the wheels and sandblasting them this week if my blast cabinet shows up. Paint very soon, i want to have this car done before winter.

made some hearse scrolls for the limosine also. VIP is for phillipino ladyboy riceboys anyhow, this will be like funeral home road race limosine status.. Having them anodized gold though. haha.

Last edited by Colt45; 10-13-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
3rd Gear

what seats and seat brakets are you using in the tl?

Last edited by fastgp; 10-13-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by fastgp
what seats and seat brakets are you using in the tl?

my own brackets, and newer rsx seats. Read dood, it goes through all that... pages ago.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

pix of the RSX seat brackets when you get the chance. I need to figure out how the hell I put RSX seats into a car with power seats like the TL.

Quick Reply: My UA update