My UA update

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:29 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kicker09
I looked at the picture on page 2 and still seems unclear to me as to what the two bushing brackets mount on. Where did u get the arms that the bar rests in?
its all in the st swaybar kit for the car. new endlinks, brackets, and all of that shit..
Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 AM
B A N N E D

Fabbed prelude hubs on and dialed in the camber and toe and so forth. Still missing the lower control arms. I need to purchase an air compressor so i have something to run all of my air tools.
Anyhow more shitty camera phone pictures you all love...but... I dont really care, lookie loo or dont..Mass different angle shots.. shrugs.. Sorry if some are dupe's im sending this via palm.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
B A N N E D

heres some better angles. I got it driveable now. Had to roll the fuck out of the front fenders to clear the +38 19x8 with 225 35 19 fk452. Little dented, but all that shit is getting flossed for the paint and body next..

I think ive decided on like 07 rl front seats or some shit. Black leather headliner, black leather pillars, black leather inserts in the door panels. Maybe new black carpet and the rest tan.. no idea yet, still working on that..

heres the shots.. May get another grill. Whats all made for the 3.2 besides the stock JDM one, or the inspired one.. And no im not rigging my stock one up.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
B A N N E D

p.s..... I ditched that faggy chrome shit around the side and rear glass.. Next is the windshield.

maybe ill clean it and take some cooler pictures of it.. who knows..
Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Khmer Pride

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
the dam rear lip looks sexy ass hell. and sits good
Old 10-26-2007, 08:10 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
I have no idea what to expect when you finally complete.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks amazing, and too bad you have a UA3 or I would sell you my Mugen grille.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

damn thats fucking hot!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:26 AM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I like the blackout. It reminds me of how most Legend guys do it to the 2G. BTW, your quarter is hurting me. How'd that happen?

~Cheers~
Old 10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
B A N N E D

some dudes in a 740i bmw switched lanes into me, then yanked off the highway. its a long ass story. Basicly i got nothing cause i didnt have the license plate number nor could i catch up with them cause at the time the quarter was touching the tire and it would have blown out.

fucking gay.. I was also shot at once or twice. Theres bullet holes in the front bumper right under the grill towards the passanger side. All i can say on that one is the dudes got shot back at when it happened years ago..

It's a slow work in process but in time it will be done and stuff. then i can sell it and buy an m45 right? haha
Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
damn bro... looking awesome...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:31 AM
B A N N E D

I took some final pictures of this toilet junker before i paint it. I have already sanded down just the roof and shit.. moving on further tomorrow night

DIY mothafuckas

haha

here tho check these hoes.. I was taking them, not even there for like 10 mins and a pack of riceboys came into the parking lot wanting me to talk about car clubs and shit.. shaking head. So theres not many angles, i had to ghost out of that scene before i vomited on myself..

enjoy and shit

Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM
B A N N E D

no turning back now

Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

u gonna two tone it???
Old 10-30-2007, 04:44 PM
B A N N E D

contemplated doing the roof all black like some of the big horsepower vip cars ive seen..

I think im going to just go solid navy metallic again.

mega cleaned up though
Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Someone should nominate you as god of AZ. You know what I think all of us here in the first gen section think you are to, so I proclaim you God of the First Gen. TLs! Every time I see a post of yours I'm now going to say "Oh that is the God of the First Gen. TLs." You are an inspiration to all of us here on the site and one day when you leave the remaining of us here and the people of the future will know you as the God of the First Gen. TLs. Anyone else agree with me?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

I'm not sure Colt wants to be deified just yet. Let the riceboys in his down get off his dick before we start doing some genuine praising.

Looks amazing Colt, keep it up!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
B A N N E D

haha.. thanks man

Im just another dude. Nothing godly about myself..

Funny you say that, my dude used to joke about that shit though and call me honda jesus cause i repinned his crx from obd0 to obd1 in my driveway with no instructions one time.

riceboys indeed. Its really a shame that there is such a plethora of them here in cincinnati. I used to enjoy talking to peeps. but like i said. i have no interest in that shit anymore i just do my own thing and build my own stuff

This car is just at early stages bro. Im going to do some serious work to it id assume.

I want to get it painted, but its no where near fast enough.. I mean ive looked DEEP into the acura legend forums, and i dont see anything impressive. Some dude dv8 has tons of shit done to his car and is making 300s with nitrous which is junk imo. Id be satisfied if this car had a 6 speed, and about 5-600 whp. The only way im going to get that done also is building manifolds for it. The rest of the shit is no different than it is for any other car and ive got boxes of parts still from old ventures. Hell i already have BIG stainless feed and return lines, an aeromotive tsunami 1000gal an hour pump, weldon regulator, and 4 precision 1000cc injectors for it. Another 2 injectors and the fuel system is done. Shits not doing me any good laying in a box right? haha

Not a god by any means. Im just doing for you all what the purpose of having this forum is for. So you all dont need to lay down on the floor and get into something without knowing what to expect. Ive got mass resources for stuff so it may be easier for me to do so anyhow.. All i can do for ya all is just keep modding stuff and making stuff work as i am able to, ive got no probs sharing the wealth. Thats the trouble with cars and shit anymore. its hard to find a community of car enthusiasts that are worth the time to talk to. I like it here. I mean it was nice when it was acura-tl.com but whatev. I dont pay any attention to those other forums anyhow, i just come here and hit 1st gen.

Its unfortunate mass of you dudes live far away and shit. It would not be bad to get together and shit.. I mean most of you on here who i talk to frequently are cool ass dudes. Theres an occasional dildo or two, but theres dills everywhere.

anyhow thanks again. now we need to start a donation fund and fly those bitchass go90go and desired speeds dudes out here to help me put a 6 speed in this junt.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
wow that kit looks amazing! Props
Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

first ever 6 spd 1st gen???
Old 11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
B A N N E D

just be patient. soon as i get all this shit done to my house i want to do, ill start with the mad scientist project.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
first ever 6 spd 1st gen???

You know, if you keep posting that, my tranny will explode and I'll be 'forced' into doing a swap
Old 11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
B A N N E D

honestly if i had the fuckin trans, i think i could make it work no problem. Not to mention i think i could get it in there in like a day.

I want a 6 speed trans tho. not a 5. And they are hard to come by and pricey. Im thinking maybe the transfer case thing too. Im sure ill know sooner or later. But like you said ken, that shit goes out. theres NO WAY in hells half acre, that im putting a 4th automatic trans in this car, it will get a manual if i have to use fuckin tilton clutch pedal assemblies and shit off a funny car.

I think the big items on the swap are the obd2 to obd1 factor, and how the pedal assy goes in there.

The breakdowns on the transmissions look VERY similar. The mounts look nearly identical as far as bolt placement. The engine bays of the legend and tl look the same.

Its basicly different stages. like i dont really even need someone to tell me it may be possible, because i know it is positively possible. There is NO WAY with the money, engineering, and development honda uses, that they would redesign the motor. I mean the 3.5rl shit is innerchangeable up to 04!

First stage would be, cutting the plugs off the ecu. Youd use a pinout for a 95 legend 6 speed and the 3.2 tl. Youd need to find a plug with wires to use on it. I would say just pull the pins out and put the obd2 pins into the obd1 plugs, but they are different. Ive repinned a 99 civic with a 97 jdm type r integra engine that way. It was cake, basicly pulled the pins all out, and put them into the plugs in the 97 spots. In the end we had a 99 car that looked stock, even the dealership couldnt tell it had been redone.. You repin the car to obd1 first. Ken if you could get me any info you have on doing that. As far as did you need to change crank angle sensors, or coil packs, or anything else besides just the ecu?

Next stage would be putting the pedal assy and master cylinder for the clutch in. Worst case senario, ya buy a pedal assy and cut everything off accept the clutch pedal and the 2 12mm mounting holes for it. mount it up where you want it and mark your spot. then you just buy a tubing bender and a flaring tool.... and drill a 1 1/4 inch hole and 2 12mm holes in the firewall wherever you want the pedal assy. Put the master cylinder for the clutch, (id prolly get one of those omni power high performance ones for a civic) and put it through your 1-1/4 hole and 12mm holes into the pedal assembly. Put 2 nuts on it, connect the master cyl to the pedal assy. Then take your tubing bender and get some 3/16 brake lines from autoparts store and the fittings. Bend the tubing to a location on the frame rails where you can put it into some sort of bracket holding it there. Get a stainless braided line to go from your frame rail mounting spot to the slave cylinder on your legend trans. Then wham you have the missing items half done.

Take the auto shifter out, and there is 2 wires one black with a white stripe and one black with a red stripe. Both of which are around 8 gauge. You connect those 2 wires. They are the ignition interlock switch wires so you cant start it unless its in park. wire up the clutch safety switch if your into that type shit, which i dont care about. That makes it so you cant start it without the clutch pushed in. Gay.... Anyhow, then you wire your two green with black stripes to the reverse light switch. The shifter assy should definately be WAY bigger on the auto tl stuff. With that shit taken out id assume there will be a hole in the floor about 6 inchesx7.5 inches or so.
Based on how the shifter looks and so forth,(i recently saw one and it looked like it was a under car shift linkage shifter). You leave that shit till you get it in there to get the placement good.

Use the legend mounts and shit id say 95% chance of on the tl brackets or maybe have to innerchange one or the other. Put your trans in and the shit should just all mount up with your tl axles and what not. Zip the flexplate off, throw the a/t flywheel bolts away cause they are too short. Get a 5 speed legend clutch and flywheel regardless of if you do a 5 or a 6 speed cause the 6 speed clutch is garbage and very heavy. Bolt it all right up, just like it was a legend. Once its in, put your linkage on, and mark where you want to mount the rear stabalizer bushing bolts at. Drill them, bolt them in, and you then will have the shifter in there. Make a boot that stays in there somehow which wouldnt be hard.

Put synchromesh friction modified in it for fluid. and go drive it.. Thats all it needs.

Id say 600-1200 for the trans
250 for the clutch
250 for the pedals, slave, master cylinder, linkage....
100 for the ecu
200 for the mounts.

just as far as an opening discussion about it. Ive done auto to manual swaps mass. civics, integras, 96 accords, preludes, 240s, mustangs, rx7s whatever... Shits not that hard.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator

if i send u my prelude, with a new H22 and MT in the trunk... think u can get it done for me???

man i wish i lived closer to you... the lude's engine is at 218k miles and prob almost on its last leg...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
B A N N E D

(knocking on mass wood now)

naw brother, if you take care of it, im sure its fine.. Ive got my shitter 4 door gsr. Turd has like 203,000 on it. The loss motion assy's in the head(things the vtec rockers rest on when they are not engauged) have worn out springs inside them, so the shit sounds like its knocking but its fine. Besides that it kinda smokes when its at 9100 and i back off the gas. Prolly valve seals.. haha

Just put oil in that shit and its fine unless its old school and not in good shape. The auto to manual on that is easy as hell. Theres plugs in everything, and the models that have 5 speeds in them are all over the junk yard. If you were closer, id come over and help you do it. It's really a no brainer.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Intermediate

great looking car man. i noticed you only have one window visor? i've got mine sitting in the trunk, i dont know what to seal it with since its missing the rubber part. anyways im lovin that kit, cant wait to see if when its 100% done!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
B A N N E D

i kinda chris farleyed the drivers side door on a fuckin curb at a gas station. I got out to shut my trunk, left it in gear and pulled the ebrake up. Guess i didnt pull it up enough and it took off and nailed that shit. The fucking door closes but the window does not go in there right and it closes kinda tough. The window clips the visor when i shut the door with the window closed so i took it off.

Im just going to use that door for a sled in the snow and get another one from the junk yard. So till then that drivers side one is in the trunk.

They look so good but as far as im concerned. THEY ARE GARBAGE. the way they go on there is straight junk status. im sure ill figure out a way to jb weld them on or some shit though, right.. haha

thanks for all the support homies.. Hopefully i put us on the map when its all done.. I mean theres not many of these rigs done up out there.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Colt:

I know the coil packs are different and there are some differences obviously for emissions purposes. How that translates in terms of the O2 sensors and the ECU, I have no clue. I'll find out.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:31 AM
B A N N E D

Im pretty sure one more wire is added with the obd1 cars. So with this in mind im curious if that wire goes to a resistor box and just runs more voltage to the coilpack or if it actually is a signal wire that goes into the ecu. If its a signal wire, id assume that i will need to swap to the obd1 style coilpacks. Otherwise i can just leave it on the car and use the normal ones like if you use pre obd injectors with a resistor box or the dsm style 450cc ones.

Please see if you can find out. Id really like to do that. Even swapped over to obd1 there is a much larger zone as far as tuning capabilities goes. I mean if i had the ecu and plugs laying in my garage it would prolly already be done, but just for motivation id like to know... haha

Thanks brosef.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Ok, from everything I could find out on the Legend forums, switching coilpacks is a must. And yeah, OBD1 does let you have a lot more freedom for sure.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:33 PM
B A N N E D

nevermind the stock wheels do not clear the suspension in the rear once its swapped.

You must run an agressive offset in order to drive. So if you dudes are down with that then do it, otherwise dont expect to put a spare onto it if you get a flat.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
B A N N E D

I decided to rebuild my garage essentially. haha.. Soo ive not really done anything with this turd lately. I mean i drive it on occasion.

But my labrotory is coming along. I ripped all of the sheetrock down, and put 2 layers of r19 insulation on every wall and in the ceiling. I hung water resistant sheetrock, and still need to joint all of the stuff and paint it.. I have 8x 8 foot 75watt dual flourescent lights on the ceiling, and 4x 4 foot long ones on the walls along with 2 more of the 8 foot ones on the walls.

Now i need to finish the seaming and joint taping and paint it all reflective white and epoxy the floor light gray..and put these brackets and seal on my garage door so i can bolt it tight and keep the cold out.

much nice building my ricebuggy in a 72 degree garage as opposed to a 20 degree one..

So once the grow-rage is done(hence enough light to grow weed), ill get on puttin some pictures up of it and this turd car as i fix er up
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Senior Moderator

no air vents for a paint booth???
Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Colt never stops. lol By the description that you gave us I think that this lab of ours is really going to be like a real science lab.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
B A N N E D

well yea if i get a slab of slate for my work bench it would work nicely for a lab.

i dont have vents like that. It gets pretty cold in the winter or i would do it.. Im actually contemplating putting 2 vented exhaust fans into the ceiling. Then id just plumb them together into like a little chimney thing.. That way the smell goes up and away, not out the wall into some dudes face whos doing yard work next door. Plus if you think about it, then the garage access from intruders and rodents isnt as impacted. With a nice size exhaust fan, id have a matching nice size hole into the garage if the fan was damaged. With it in my ceiling, then the attic is all it will have access to, and then out the chutes into the little smokestack/chimney thing.

I want to build a soundproof chamber for an air compressor. I dont have one at this house yet. Prolly like an 80 gallon one is what id like to get. But thats gonna be the next building phaze.. Im really anxious to get it all organized and back together.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 PM
大日本帝国

Originally Posted by Colt45
not out the wall into some dudes face whos doing yard work next door.
As I read it, I had a clear mental image of that happening, haha!!

I want to build a soundproof chamber for an air compressor.
My dad and I had built one for ours at our shop years ago. Nothing big, about 2'x3'x2.5'. We didn't have a need for a huge 80 gal one, haha. Made it from wood and foam and it dampened pretty damn well. 90-100dB down to 30dB. Now that I think of it, some car sound deadener would've silenced the rest of it.

~Cheers~
Old 11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Go90go

We didn't have a need for a huge 80 gal one, haha.

Now that I think of it, some car sound deadener would've silenced the rest of it.

~Cheers~
yea well when you are painting a giant ass car youll need a biggie.

and sound deadener is cake to comeby, my friends dad owns Dynamat.hehehe
Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
大日本帝国

^ Hook it up!!

~Cheers~
Old 11-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

my friends dad owns Dynamat.hehehe
Old 11-16-2007, 08:56 AM