JDM front clip = different turn signal wiring ... help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JDM front clip = different turn signal wiring ... help?

I searched and came up short ...

the JDM UA3 headlamps I installed have a way different turn signal bulb than the USDM - a dual-filament like brake lights, 1157? no problem, i thought, I'll rewire so I don't have to cut up the fenders to install the jdm side markers too. WRONG

so I want to tie the usdm wiring into the plugs the jdm lamps came with, is there a DIY on this? I can give pics tomorrow if I'm the first, but there's no way

Ethan
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irresponsiblekid
I searched and came up short ...

the JDM UA3 headlamps I installed have a way different turn signal bulb than the USDM - a dual-filament like brake lights, 1157? no problem, i thought, I'll rewire so I don't have to cut up the fenders to install the jdm side markers too. WRONG

so I want to tie the usdm wiring into the plugs the jdm lamps came with, is there a DIY on this? I can give pics tomorrow if I'm the first, but there's no way

Ethan
Are you talking about the parking light in the headlamps?!

I bought JDM headlamps and mine came with bulb sockets that use the dual-filaments bulbs for the parking lights circled above.

If we're talking about the same thing I can take a picture of mine.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acurasnake
Are you talking about the parking light in the headlamps?!

I bought JDM headlamps and mine came with bulb sockets that use the dual-filaments bulbs for the parking lights circled above.

If we're talking about the same thing I can take a picture of mine.
exactly. I can get my driver's side to blink but not hte passenger - one has 2 wires and one has 3...

I'd also like to get away without cutting the fender markers in, but it looks like you went with it, any regrets? I did them on my CRX and integra, just a PITA...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Pro

exactly. I can get my driver's side to blink but not hte passenger - one has 2 wires and one has 3...

I'd also like to get away without cutting the fender markers in, but it looks like you went with it, any regrets? I did them on my CRX and integra, just a PITA...
Oh no that's not my car... I just used that for an example.

So you want the parking lights (located in the headlamps) to blink when you use your turn signals... yea that's kinda tricky. I suggest on your passenger side.. to try all combinations to see if you can make it blink.

I just set my parking lights to stay on:

Last edited by Acurasnake; 09-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Racer

Oh no that's not my car... I just used that for an example.

So you want the parking lights (located in the headlamps) to blink when you use your turn signals... yea that's kinda tricky. I suggest on your passenger side.. to try all combinations to see if you can make it blink.

I just set my parking lights to stay on:

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670754_41_full.jpg[IMG]
dope, but what blinks? Just the side of the bumper on the outside? Or everything?

I want to get away from having to cut in the fender markers but I still have to have a blinker visible from the side, and since the jdm bumper lenses are dummys on the corner I can't unless (1) stay USDM orange on the bumpers or (2) dremel the dummy to accept the bulb ... either way, I want something to work in the corner lamps, how'd you wire yours up?
Old 09-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro

dope, but what blinks? Just the side of the bumper on the outside? Or everything?

I want to get away from having to cut in the fender markers but I still have to have a blinker visible from the side, and since the jdm bumper lenses are dummys on the corner I can't unless (1) stay USDM orange on the bumpers or (2) dremel the dummy to accept the bulb ... either way, I want something to work in the corner lamps, how'd you wire yours up?
nothing blinks except the turn signals on the bumper. i thought you wanted yours to blink... i'm confused

mine came with bulb sockets... did yours come with these:

if so, you can use the existing wires that go to the parking lights and connect them to the bulb sockets using a female connector:

that's how i did mine.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Racer

nothing blinks except the turn signals on the bumper. i thought you wanted yours to blink... i'm confused

mine came with bulb sockets... did yours come with these:

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/Acurasnake/1157bulbSocket3.jpg[IMG]

if so, you can use the existing wires that go to the parking lights and connect them to the bulb sockets using a female connector:

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j203/Acurasnake/spade-connectors-female.jpg[IMG]

that's how i did mine.

yeah, like those with white tips. That sounds like it'll work, I'll grab a mulitimeter so I can tell what's what and wire the right 2 of 3 wires...
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Racer

US corner bulb & socket, 193 wedge i think

JDM bulb, dual-filament 1157, red / black / yellow wires

built 2 each of these

interrupted the front bumper signal like so

ran long wire up behind bumper and found the yellow wire from the JDM lamp

crimped connections, no extra red wire on the driver's side like there was on the passenger side, wtf?

corners are now on with lower corner parking lights and blink with lower front blinkers, so I don't need to cut in the side markers

victory!