I've gotta say this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotta say this...

(Warning: women may be offened by this post)

This is my and it may sound biased... but out TLs get a hell of a lot of attention. Hell, my TL gets more looks than my brother's TSX.

My 3.2 TL is very clean, there are a lot of minor chips and flaws in the front but you have to get within a foot and look real hard to notice them. It's the cayman pearl white color and fully stock except for the clear bumperlights (and all white lighting, which doesn't matter in this case).

Today, I took my TL's to my nearest Acura dealership in Hoffman Estates (which is a pretty classy place) to get the lighting problem checked (caused by when I tried the parking light/foglight mod). I got some props.

I pull it in and notice this hot ass blond lady waiting in line... I can see her through the windows to the checkin/out counter (which lets the people waiting inside or at the counter look at the service bays). As soon as I get out, I see her looking my way. I walk in and get in line behind her (Damn! Nice ass!). She's still looking at my car (oh man...) and some of the other people waiting in line are looking at it too. Not long after she turns around (Damn! Nice headlights...) and asks me about the car. When I told her it was a TL, she was shocked. Then I told her it was a 96 and she was even more shocked.

We talked about my car for a bit and she told me she just got a 05 TL and thought that my TL looked way nicer. And I was like, 'yeah maybe but your TL is much better performance car'. We talked fo a minute or to before another hottie in a short skirt and tank top comes out from waiting area and asks 'mom, can we go get something to eat after this?'.

A milf and a hot daughter...

They talked for a bit before she turned her daughter's attention to my car and she also thought it was nice. Her daughter asked me if she could go and check it out and I was like, sure. She goes into my car, sits down (lucky seats) looks around and stuff.

The lady told me that her daughter's turning 16 soon and is looking for a car. Her daughter comes back and say, I think I've made up my mind on what car I'm getting.

We talk bit more before they leave and I tell her about what I had done to it (the clear bumperlights). I felt all good inside that turned someone into a 1st gen TLer.

But I sad... I hoping for some from either one.

Or both.

LOL
Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is the kind of post I love. Say what you mean. Fark the PC'ers who are gonna flame ya....
Old 07-28-2005, 10:34 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha...that's awesome! With my car, I never got any stares. Well..probably a couple and that's it. I guess it's the color (Juniper Green).

As long as my girlfriend appreciates it, then I'm fine.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

#'s???

Anyways... i didn't see you mentioned ACURAzine.com in any part of your post...

Shareing is careing...

Great story though... put a smile on my face...
Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro

nah.. i know for a fact my car gets quiet a bit of stares.. ive had nice fixed up mercedes compliment my car, ive had some people in south central ask me questions about the ride, It is a nice clean looking car. As a matter of fact, i remember they were having a check point for driver liscence and insurance in Baldwin Park a while back, and the cop thought the car was like a 2000, 2001 model just cause ive maintained it. he gave me props as well. I will say due to the car i got a chance too feel up some strippers tits afterwards, ....LOL.. long story dont feel like going into it. I was trying to distinguish the diff, between real and fake ones...LOL ( like i cared)
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Instructor

post pic and THEN make thread!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Hurricane Game

several people have told me that they thought my car was a Lexus before really looking up close. not sure if that's a compliment or not? i think it is. but it's fun to toy with em about it. then i have to break it to em that it's not and lose all their empty respect. :P
Old 07-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Racer

Damn, I made a lot of grammar mistakes in the original post... I was in a rush, I really don't talk like that.

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
#'s???

Anyways... i didn't see you mentioned ACURAzine.com in any part of your post...

Shareing is careing...

Great story though... put a smile on my face...
I did tell her about acura-tl.com (the old link that I found when I first got my TL and seached for some stuff on Google, which still works) for a lot of great info on all TLs. But they didn't seem to care about any website, that's why I left it out...:-( I wouldn't leave out Acurazine- if it wasn't for this site I would still thought the TL was only 'ok'.;-)

Originally Posted by JLintheTL
post pic and THEN make thread!
Haha, I actually don't have any nice pics of my car in the day time, all of my cars are of nightime shots. My car looks so nice in parks on sunny days... one of these days, I gotta go back to this one park and take some pics of it. My car looked beautiful...

Originally Posted by dubcnea
several people have told me that they thought my car was a Lexus before really looking up close. not sure if that's a compliment or not? i think it is. but it's fun to toy with em about it. then i have to break it to em that it's not and lose all their empty respect. :P

There is a Lexus that has a front which looks very much like the TL's from a distance; up close the resembalence does show but from far it's an easy mistake to make:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/u...x.cfm/id/2056/
Old 07-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Racer

yo bro i got the cayman pearl tl too wit the clear bumpers and inspire tails, must say ive gotten MANY compliments on it and got 3 numbers the day that i got it. I LOVE IT!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:08 PM
2003 Acura MDX

Originally Posted by Vincent
(Warning: women may be offened by this post)

This is my and it may sound biased... but out TLs get a hell of a lot of attention. Hell, my TL gets more looks than my brother's TSX.

My 3.2 TL is very clean, there are a lot of minor chips and flaws in the front but you have to get within a foot and look real hard to notice them. It's the cayman pearl white color and fully stock except for the clear bumperlights (and all white lighting, which doesn't matter in this case).

Today, I took my TL's to my nearest Acura dealership in Hoffman Estates (which is a pretty classy place) to get the lighting problem checked (caused by when I tried the parking light/foglight mod). I got some props.

I pull it in and notice this hot ass blond lady waiting in line... I can see her through the windows to the checkin/out counter (which lets the people waiting inside or at the counter look at the service bays). As soon as I get out, I see her looking my way. I walk in and get in line behind her (Damn! Nice ass!). She's still looking at my car (oh man...) and some of the other people waiting in line are looking at it too. Not long after she turns around (Damn! Nice headlights...) and asks me about the car. When I told her it was a TL, she was shocked. Then I told her it was a 96 and she was even more shocked.

We talked about my car for a bit and she told me she just got a 05 TL and thought that my TL looked way nicer. And I was like, 'yeah maybe but your TL is much better performance car'. We talked fo a minute or to before another hottie in a short skirt and tank top comes out from waiting area and asks 'mom, can we go get something to eat after this?'.

A milf and a hot daughter...

They talked for a bit before she turned her daughter's attention to my car and she also thought it was nice. Her daughter asked me if she could go and check it out and I was like, sure. She goes into my car, sits down (lucky seats) looks around and stuff.

The lady told me that her daughter's turning 16 soon and is looking for a car. Her daughter comes back and say, I think I've made up my mind on what car I'm getting.

We talk bit more before they leave and I tell her about what I had done to it (the clear bumperlights). I felt all good inside that turned someone into a 1st gen TLer.

But I sad... I hoping for some from either one.

Or both.

LOL

AWESOME story, haha.

My TL does infact get some looks, people are AMAZED when I tell them its a 96, they are like "are you kidding?". I fucking love my car, i love you guys, I love love.

ha.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like I have to use that Acura service department. They have better entertainment than the TV at mine.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No one ever even gives my CL two looks, and its modded damn well

Gotta move out to a hick area with less nice cars.

I hope you got her number. Tell her you could let her take it for a "test drive"
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
No one ever even gives my CL two looks, and its modded damn well

Gotta move out to a hick area with less nice cars.

I hope you got her number. Tell her you could let her take it for a "test drive"
Hicks won't appreciate your car...

I think color is a major role in how much a person likes a car... personally, I mid 90s Acuras look best in white or black. But the newer ones look much better in carbon or a grey.

Also, my car was under those big ass floresent lights, which gave the paint a shine almost as nice as when it's under the sun.

Sadly, no number... I would've love to get her a test drive (me first, then the car ) but there were two other 1st TLs in the lot there... which is a first as they never have any first gen TLs.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned

1st Gen TL's will always be the best, and look the nicest. The 3rd Gen TL to me, is very unclassy, and looks like a new civic.....