I guess i know what ISN'T the problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess i know what ISN'T the problem...

Previous post

Has this happend to any of you?
I was driving when i noticed that the heat was damn near the red. so i pulled over waited a while then kept driving. stop and go till i got to a store, picked up some antifreeze premix stuff, opend the rad (it has a new cap) and poured half the thing in there. then noticed that the other reservior thing was full with hot antifreeze. poured some out. the temperature went right down, and stayed there. so after it cooled down i poured more antifreeze in the rad, and had to empty some again from the reservior thingy. i repeat this process every day on cold starts, it hasent been over heating but im loosing fluid. I just bought the car 4 months ago, took it to a mechanic before and it was in great shape. He spent 2 hours looking at it and found only a bit of oil in between the tranny and engine but said that it wanst a major deal and some people drive with that for years and years... so its a v6 3.2 and i have about 210k on it. any ideas? thanks

NOW, FOR THE UPDATE
I had my radiator and my thermostat changed. Seemend ok, The next day I only had to add a little more antifreeze. Then it started to do it again, heat goes up, to about inbetween 1/2 and 3/4 of the way. Now yesterday i had to add a bunch more antifreeze and noticed that my overflow tank was full. I let some air out of the system, and im just about to check on it again. The people i got the car from said its not the headgasket, The antifreeze is a normal color and so is the exhaust, no leaks from exhaust eather. I decited to take it to Honda, but i wont be able to get in till next week. Those guys might know better then some joe blow mechanic. Any ideas in the mean time?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pinhole in coolant line, air in system, or fucked headgasket...

did you bleed it of air bubbles with the 12mm bleeder screw?

an air bubble will do that.. thats what causes pinholes to cause heating issues sometimes also.. So will a fucked headgasket

did you drain the oil..

If it looks like coffee diahrreah foam then yo shit is TKO'd and its time to hit the legend forums for some type 2 heads
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

I have been bleeding constantly. Im sure there is air in the system but how the f does it get in there. I had my oil done prior to this problem, tranny fluid too. The Antifreeze is clean, i have no white smoke/fluid coming out of my exhaust. Someone i talked to from honda said that even tho i dont have the usual symphtoms, it could still be a fd headgasket. He said it could just me a mild case in my situation?! So now the temperature goes up and comes back down, just like and air bubble would make it do.

Legend forums? Type 2 heads eh? hmm new at this... i asume its better then the stock?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:00 PM
B A N N E D

not the anty brother. The new oil. Check the new oil and if its tan or foamy then it has anty in it...

Type 2 heads have 3mm larger valves and a little better porting. They are very inexpencive and good for a few extra poneys..

92-95 legend type 2 engines came with them.,
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Cruisin'

One of the mechanics that looked at it took out the dipstick thing and checked the oil. Is that enough to notice?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
B A N N E D

not unless its seriously thrashed youd have to drain the oil to see.

its basicly like having water in your oil. it gets like chocolate milky. i hope the best for ya brother.. I dont know much else to suggest besides a water pump..

If the water pump is fucked it will do the same thing.. Like if you have not changed it or got a shitty remanufactured one.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Cruisin'

yeah, i guess ill just wait till next week and hope it doesnt die on me. Ill deffenetly check the water pump too tho, i know the car has been stitting for a while b4 i bought it. the tranny fluid was pretty gross. thanks for all your help, ill post the final outcome next week or so.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
B A N N E D

i wish i could do more for you brother... Be leary of a pricey bill

for the labor to do heads and all that shit at a place if its over like 2 gs or something id just buy a 3.5 rl motor and put it in there..

They are all basicly the same but just think about the demand on them... Its non existant.. They are a dime a dozen.. I could see the possibility of getting one for like 500 bucks

later dood best of luck to you my friend
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Cruisin'

Ok, I took the car to a different mechanic. We noticed that the fan isnt going on at the right time. It goes on when i shut the car off, but if i let it idle it wont trun on. Now the guy thought it might have been the thermostrat, even tho it was brand new. Checked it, it was good 60bux. Then he thought it was an electrical problem, found a faulty sensor/something, checked it, replaced it but didnt solve the problem, 200bux. He yet again found another part wich is faulty, hes checking it now and if thats the problem hell replace it. The part is special, 279bux + labour. Hefty bill for a little part, i guess im lucky that my headgasket isnt blown...
Old 04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
B A N N E D

fan switch cost you 200 bucks.. damn i need to move to where you are at.. Id fix it for a cheeseburger, a good one though, no fast food shit.. for you as long as you bought the switch
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Cruisin'

thats what i get, i was too cheap to go to acura. They said they would charge me 110 an hour. I made an appointment, went in accross town only to sit there and wait 40 min so a mechanic can come out and have me tell him exactly the same shit i told them when i made my appointment to begin with. Then they say, well lets book an appointment. Im like wtf, this is my appointment. So i went somewhere else. I guess it comes with a wash tho pfft... i just need it to run